+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I went to my first 'The Hundred' game last night.

Can't say I was that impressed. I don't see what it offers over and above t20, the scoreboard is annoying, the music is naff and I even heard someone chant 'Lets go Fire, lets go' which was possibly the most irritating thing I've experienced in the last 20 years

I went to my first Fire match yesterday as well.

When I normally go to watch Glamorgan I normally bump into a dozen people who play cricket in the local leagues, but didn’t see anyone last night. Is the argument that it attracts a new fan. Saw a lot of southern Brave fans there, I’m sure the people in front were from Weston, who are maybe adopting the Southern team over its nearest Welsh team.

Crowd was lower than I was expecting. Unless the quality of the Welsh Team improves then I can see it struggling. Fans sarcastically applauding, Mexican waves and an noncompetitive match does not make for great entertainment, and there certainly was no household names in that Welsh Fire squad.

Glammy recovering after a shaky start, Northeast going well. Lancs were looking in a bad way too but have steadied somewhat since. Hants going well against Yorks.

Re: the 100. Misgivings about the format etc aside, it’s a shame the Welsh Fire set up has so far been particularly poor. Many a living being stolen for good money. Yesterday felt a real nadir in the short life of the franchise.

If I were a Gloucester or Somerset supporter and cared enough I’d definitely follow the Southern Brave instead. To be honest, the counties linked to each franchise seems fairly meaningless to me. Northants linked to London and Lancs the only county linked to Manchester, for example.

50 for Root and a 100 for Northeast in quick succession.

Northeast passes his PB in list-A and reaches 150. Fairplay.

Another Glamorgan batting record for Northeast!

Root reaches his hundred with 5 sixes in the penultimate over. Fantastic partnership of 245. Hopefully the bowlers can play their part.

Kent need 296 and Yorks need 314.

Genuine potential here..............

We might sneak third here. Blimey.

Yorkshire looked cooked. Glammy obviously have to win. The current Kent partnership is the concern....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Yorkshire looked cooked. Glammy obviously have to win. The current Kent partnership is the concern....
    Darren bloody Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Darren bloody Stevens
    Gone! But both Kent and tykes hanging on in there!

Kent's main man out. But Worcester having a proper go! Need to get Leach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Kent's main man out. But Worcester having a proper go! Need to get Leach.
    Leach out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leach out.
    All 3 still in balance to an extent. When we lost 4 in row never dreamt we'd be here. This is quite exciting..........

Kent look like winning

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Kent look like winning
    Gits

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Gits
    A bit confused as on commentary said Glamorgan miss out but they have just moved above Yorkshire with Kent looking to go 3rd ?

The top 3 qualify, weirdly

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Gits
    Kents. Got over the line with the penultimate ball. Wicket in the last over as well as a dropped catch.

Kent win with one ball to spare!

Kent won with a ball to spare. They only wanted three off the final over but Finch was out first ball followed by two dot balls. Lancs bowler then missed a simple caught and bowled which would have left Kent needing three off two balls with their number 11 facing. Instead they got a single and Podmore hit a boundary to win it off the penultimate ball.
    They beat Yorkshire with a six off the final ball in their previous match.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Kent won with a ball to spare. They only wanted three off the final over but Finch was out first ball followed by two dot balls. Lancs bowler then missed a simple caught and bowled which would have left Kent needing three off two balls with their number 11 facing. Instead they got a single and Podmore hit a boundary to win it off the penultimate ball.
    They beat Yorkshire with a six off the final ball in their previous match.
    After all that, what a bloody shame

When you look at how tight the qualification was in both groups, it’s a more exciting competition than the much hyped hundred - have any of the games gone to the final ball yet?

The improbable nearly became the possible. Gutted to have lost out in dramatic fashion but what a great day of cricket.

Strange old campaign, considering how close we ended up qualifying for the knockouts, very lopsided performances.