+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

99-1 at lunch with Lloyd showing more signs of a return to form with an unbeaten half century and Bevan having to battle hard to get to 28. If the pitch is going to turn as much as the commentators think it is, then Derbyshire may end up regretting putting us in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Shame to lose Gill to illness. Middlesex are 77/3 at Grace Road at the moment.
    Looking like it could be the bit of luck Tom Bevan needed to get into the side, although it is definitely a Shane to lose a player of gils quality. Promising morning

Didn’t see Bevan’s dismissal but a decent introduction from him, shame he didn’t get a couple of runs more for a 50. Not a shabby day’s play so far. Leicester have taken five wickets for Middlesex’s 151.

Edit: Northeast just lost his wicket from a good delivery to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Didn’t see Bevan’s dismissal but a decent introduction from him, shame he didn’t get a couple of runs more for a 50. Not a shabby day’s play so far. Leicester have taken five wickets for Middlesex’s 151.

Edit: Northeast just lost his wicket from a good delivery to be fair.
    Bevan gave it away really, having a swing at the spinner, but it was a good introduction to four day cricket overall.

276-3, Lloyd 146 not out.

Make that 150 - pleased for him because he’s had a rough season.

367-3, Lloyd 200 not out.

When you see Lloyd bat like that you have to wonder why he has struggled so much. His batting was majestic today. We should bat on our nail tea tomorrow and rack up a huge score.
    Middlesex are likely to pick up 3 or 4 batting points. We have to hope Leicestershire bat well tomorrow.

Great day's play.
    Why couldn't they have done that against Middlesex though?

Don’t always agree with Edward Bevan, but I thought he was right when he started saying it looked a very flat pitch this evening and these days you tend to wait for pitches to break up and it never happens - still, we’re going to get maximum batting points barring a huge collapse and that’s all you can ask n Glamorgan’s position.

Very good performance. Runs have come quick enough that we can really put pressure on them aswell. Let's hope for a big , aggressive day of cricket tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Very good performance. Runs have come quick enough that we can really put pressure on them aswell. Let's hope for a big , aggressive day of cricket tomorrow.
    Should look for 650 and then have the final session of the day to bowl at them. We need Leics to bat well tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Should look for 650 and then have the final session of the day to bowl at them. We need Leics to bat well tomorrow too.
    Yeah definitely need Leicester to finally find a performance, draw or loss for Middlesex would be fantastic.

Root and Cooke out before Glamorgan reach 400 - might not be a bad thing if it means the pitch is playing up a bit.

I'd be tempted to really put the foot down now. See if we can smash another 100 before lunch then really get stuck into them afterwards

Leics 31/3 which is a bit grim. At least Middx only got two batting points but we have to win this.

Leics 37/4 will struggle to avoid the follow on

504-5 at lunch with Lloyd 288 not out. I’m 99.9 per cent Glamorgan have never had two players score more than 300 in an innings in the same season in their history - will it happen today?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    504-5 at lunch with Lloyd 288 not out. I’m 99.9 per cent Glamorgan have never had two players score more than 300 in an innings in the same season in their history - will it happen today?
    Before Sam Northeast's 410, I think the next 2 highest innings by Glamorgan batsmen were Steve James's 309 and Mike Powell's 299.
    Could be wrong but I think there's only been one triple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Before Sam Northeast's 410, I think the next 2 highest innings by Glamorgan batsmen were Steve James's 309 and Mike Powell's 299.
    Could be wrong but I think there's only been one triple.
    Yes, you’re right, so Glamorgan’s two highest individual scores in their history have both come this season.

Fabulous innings from Lloyd. Would like to have seen us reach 600 before declaring

Fabulous innings from Lloyd. Would like to have seen us reach 600 before declaring
    A few more and he would have scored more than Essex and Lancashire managed over the whole match. Essex all out for 59 chasing just 98 to win. Crazy.

Yes a few more would have been nice, but 🤞 enough time to bowl them out twice.

Yeah, brilliant from Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A few more and he would have scored more than Essex and Lancashire managed over the whole match. Essex all out for 59 chasing just 98 to win. Crazy.
    All over in less than a day and a half too. Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    All over in less than a day and a half too. Mad.
    A pitch which turned from day one would probably have got a points deduction, I’ll be surprised if that Chelmsford wicket does.

Derbyshire 37-2.

Make that 37-3, Patel two in two balls, and the ball is turning.