+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Hopefully we will have a couple of hours play this afternoon and can start picking up some batting bonus points

189/6 Root out for a very scratchy 15. This has been a poor performance to date. The rain will probably save us so we should get at least ten points but we really could do with some batting points

Collapse for Leicester again earlier to all but hand notts victory. Followed by a 13 over last wicket partnership until the rain came. Nottingham forecast is horrible aswell so we could be in for an extraordinarily luckily result there.

Hopefully the rain will save us. Dismal stuff

All out 5 short of another batting point and 9 short of avoiding the following on!
    Raining again now though.

We will get a draw and 12 points so will move about Middlesex but Derbyshire will overtake us if they beat Durham

I did feel Michael Hogan could have made an effort to defend today as Cooke was in good nick and another batting bonus point would have been good

abandoned for a draw looks like 12pts

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    abandoned for a draw looks like 12pts
    Puts us up to 2nd pending Derbyshire's result. Could do with a bit of rain there to help Durham.

Maynard, rightly I reckon, saysGlamorgan have to be better in the last three games than they were in this one.

Covers coming off at Derby with five wickets for them to get, but the caption on the screen is saying there’s still forty five ops left - light doesn’t seem great mind.

The 45 overs left at Derbyshire was when they came off two hours ago. The umpires have yet to inspect so I doubt play will start until around 5:30pm if they do get back on. Doubt Durham would have to face more than 15 overs

Umpires have done inspections and they are restarting at Derbyshire with Durham facing 17.1 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Umpires have done inspections and they are restarting at Derbyshire with Durham facing 17.1 overs.
    Apart from when they play us, Durham have been pretty poor this season - I’ve not got great faith in them holding out if they’re able to play for all of those overs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from when they play us, Durham have been pretty poor this season - I’ve not got great faith in them holding out if they’re able to play for all of those overs.
    Oh ye of little faith! Durham held on without losing a wicket.

Match now drawn so it really looks like it's us or Middlesex for second place. Big game next week

Match now drawn so it really looks like it's us or Middlesex for second place. Big game next week
    Rain affected draw will do then

Not sure what the cricket equivalent of a six pointer is, but Glamorgan have one today at Lords against Middlesex - anyone planning to watch the morning’s play should remember that County Championship games start at 10.30 in September.

Unlike at Cardiff where a village side could beat us if they called themselves Middlesex, our recent record at Lords is good, with two wins from our last three games there - it’s said visiting teams lift themselves for test matches at Lords, perhaps the same happens with domestic cricket?

Massive game, hoping we pull it off.

Straying into miracle territory now, but notts play a Worcester team who seem to be a bit inconsistent this year. 24 points for glam combined with a crushing loss for notts could see us moving into striking distance

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Massive game, hoping we pull it off.

Straying into miracle territory now, but notts play a Worcester team who seem to be a bit inconsistent this year. 24 points for glam combined with a crushing loss for notts could see us moving into striking distance

Forget about Notts. They are up. It’s really between us and Middlesex for the other promotion place.

Forget about Notts. They are up. It’s really between us and Middlesex for the other promotion place.
    Overwhelmingly likely notts will hold on, but always a chance. Especially with these September pitches and the weather. I think if we were in notts position I'd be holding off the champion celebrations til it was certain. Although that may have a lot to do with the fact that Glamorgan and Cardiff city tend to blow certainties with more regularity than most sides 🤣

I sent Michael Hogan a message on Instagram back in July congratulating him on earning a position with one of the franchises for the Hundred. I mentioned what a great player he had been for us and hoped his kids wouldn’t lose their Welsh accents. He responded by thanking me and confirmed his children had now returned to Aus and would see how that went. He added it was a shame Welsh Fire were not interested in him....which says it all really.

Anyway a top man and player for us. Let’s hope he leaves with the team winning promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Overwhelmingly likely notts will hold on, but always a chance. Especially with these September pitches and the weather. I think if we were in notts position I'd be holding off the champion celebrations til it was certain. Although that may have a lot to do with the fact that Glamorgan and Cardiff city tend to blow certainties with more regularity than most sides ��
    I reckon Notts already have enough points to have won promotion. Derbyshire in third cannot catch them and Middlesex in fourth are 50 points behind them with three to go. We are 43 points behind them. One or both of us and Middlesex will not win this week. They are already up imo with 215 points.

I reckon Notts already have enough points to have won promotion. Derbyshire in third cannot catch them and Middlesex in fourth are 50 points behind them with three to go. We are 43 points behind them. One or both of us and Middlesex will not win this week. They are already up imo with 215 points.
    Agreed, I’m happy with beating them at Trent Bridge and dominating the match in Cardiff - as Matt Maynard said, we need to play better than we did against Worcestershire if we are to stand a chance of going up.

They're up for sure, but if we win 2 of 3 and they lose 2 of 2 then they may go up in 2nd place. It's about as likely as Hogan getting out lbw, but stranger things have happened.

An unchanged Glamorgan team have been put in to bat - didn’t want that to happen.

An unchanged Glamorgan team have been put in to bat - didn’t want that to happen.
    good live stream on you tube, might go later in the week.

Lloyd needs a few runs.