+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We need your fiefdom to fight back against Middlesex
    I'm 20 mins away. I'm willing it to rain for 4 days but no joy at moment.

148-6 for Worcestershire now, which is not a bad first day score on that ground this season - it’s been a definite put them in pitch and we really wanted Middlesex to lose the toss because, but maybe it’ll stay bowler friendly if the weather stays aotumnal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    148-6 for Worcestershire now, which is not a bad first day score on that ground this season - it’s been a definite put them in pitch and we really wanted Middlesex to lose the toss because, but maybe it’ll stay bowler friendly if the weather stays aotumnal.
    Worcs made 390 on this track last week

Worcs made 390 on this track last week
    They were 99-5 though, the first innings score was 185 from 53-7 before that, 63-5 against us, and big scores in the first two games of the season, so, while, sides have been able to recover to decent scores in recent matches, the side batting first has been under pressure after being put in lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I'm 20 mins away. I'm willing it to rain for 4 days but no joy at moment.
    Could you accidentally leave a few taps on in the ground?

Off for bad light but not before Worcs lost their 8th!

315/6 we need to be careful here. Maximum batting points are really needed but too many attacking shots are being played.
    Middx 31/1

315/6 we need to be careful here. Maximum batting points are really needed but too many attacking shots are being played.
    Middx 31/1
    Up to 339. 61 more. Declare at 400 anyway - as long as they get there. Weather not to be trusted. Max time needed to take 20 wickets. Then fingers crossed Worcs bowlers start to turn up. Middx max bowl pts.

Middx 73/2. Stoneman gone.

Middx 73/2. Stoneman gone.
    Good. Almost 400 but harris out.

498-8 thought we would have declared by now

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    498-8 thought we would have declared by now
    Got to 500 and still batting on, why?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Got to 500 and still batting on, why?
    533-9 declared. I guess they carried on as they were scoring fairly quickly, but I'd rather them have more time to bowl.

Bat 'em out of the game.
    Runs flow freely when you have over 100 on the board.

We need wickets and fast tomorrow morning.
    Worcs need wickets and fast tomorrow morning.

Good first hour . Sussex 6 down.

Am I right in thinking if Middlesex get 400 we are done?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    dont think so it looks like both teams will get 8 bonus pts if we get to 9 wickets and middlesex get 400
    if the bbc table hasnt been updated yet

I'm often wrong but I think that's correct unless they were to reach 400 and somehow lose their match

Yep if Middx get 400 within 110 overs it's all over as there will be no chance of them losing fron there so they will pick up 16 points as a minimum.
    This is going to be settled today. Our dire performance v Middx has cost us dear. We were then reliant upon Worcs who battled so poorly on day one that this was becoming inevitable.

We were some way off our best against Worcestershire a few weeks ago. Worcestershire, the team that stopped us going up in 2012 and are making life easy for Middlesex today - I shouldn’t, because they never do us any favours, but I’ve always quite liked them.

Ah well, doomed to forever live in the lower conferences below the Strauss Super League.

Ah well, doomed to forever live in the lower conferences below the Strauss Super League.
    It's all done. They will get the eight runs they need in the next few minutes which will effectively confirm their promotion.

Can’t have many complaints that the team that pips us to the post is the only one that beat us twice, comprehensively (Durham, I think, being the only other loss this season).

All in all, I think you’d have to call this a successful red ball campaign. Lots of records set and a decent haul of victories. But at the moment it’s all very disappointing.