+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Definitely a good toss to have won, evidenced by how damp the washing was this morning after leaving it up last night! To be fair, a very good seam attack helps too. Think only two of the dismissals before we got to the tail end were batter’s choices (Gill and Cooke?). Still, a disappointing start to the day.

If only we could’ve held on till lunch with only a couple down as the afternoon session was glorious weather wise and we fared much better with the bat afterwards. Fairplay, we started pulling it back as the evening wore on and Harris probably had his best spell since returning. Nice to see Hogan get a wicket in the flesh for maybe the last time unless I can get down to Hove at the end of the month.

Not a shabby day out for a Monday. Plenty of action, salt beef sandwich from Panzer’s with a glass of wine for lunch, few beers afterwards, and very pleasant weather for the time of year. On it’s day, the championship can be a great day out fairplay.

Lords is a hell of a place to watch the game. Fantastic stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Lords is a hell of a place to watch the game. Fantastic stadium.
    It is and I would definitely recommend it for anyone that hasn’t been. Although, since living in London for a while now and having been to a lot of different formats for domestic and international at both, the Oval has it beat hands down for me in a straight shoot out.

Found a cracking lunch option just down the road from lords yesterday with my dad called crockers folly. Beautiful old pub which has been turned into a Lebanese restaurant. Food was great and makes a nice change from a pub meal.

Also take beer into the ground, we didnt this time and £6 a pint for carlsberg or hobgoblin just feels wrong.

There was also some cricket on but less said about that the better. Great crowd, not sure if there were a lot of glammy or if Middlesex fans are just generally fair and respectful but Patel's innings certainly got a reaction where we were sitting.

Get stoneman early and we are back in, would like to see timm give a go from the nursery end where I think all but 3 of the wickets have fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Found a cracking lunch option just down the road from lords yesterday with my dad called crockers folly. Beautiful old pub which has been turned into a Lebanese restaurant. Food was great and makes a nice change from a pub meal.

Also take beer into the ground, we didnt this time and £6 a pint for carlsberg or hobgoblin just feels wrong.

There was also some cricket on but less said about that the better. Great crowd, not sure if there were a lot of glammy or if Middlesex fans are just generally fair and respectful but Patel's innings certainly got a reaction where we were sitting.

Get stoneman early and we are back in, would like to see timm give a go from the nursery end where I think all but 3 of the wickets have fallen.
    That's expensive. Went to a Middlesex T20 last year and had my cheapest pint in London for a long time. Was about 9.50 for a pint and a half with £2 deposit for the reusable cups. They give a very Generous own alcohol allowance if I remember rightly. Jealous as feck of you all living the high life at lords this week. Not been so tempted to throw a sickie in a long time. Hope you have a great couple of days cricket and a glamorgan win to top it off !!

Bit off topic, but as there seem to be a few London based cricket fans. Has anyone been to one of the sixes bars yet? Absolutely fantastic to be fair, great bars with loads of sport on the TV.

The nets are unbelievable, better than any bowling machines I've faced and with the bowler running in on screen aswell. Well worth a go.
    https://sixescricket.com/

First Team

That's expensive. Went to a Middlesex T20 last year and had my cheapest pint in London for a long time. Was about 9.50 for a pint and a half with £2 deposit for the reusable cups. They give a very Generous own alcohol allowance if I remember rightly. Jealous as feck of you all living the high life at lords this week. Not been so tempted to throw a sickie in a long time. Hope you have a great couple of days cricket and a glamorgan win to top it off !!

If you are a Glamorgan member then , on production of your membership card, you can gain admittance to the Pavilion and members stands ( I am assuming that the arrangement remains in place)

Dress code applies to the pavilion but pints are served in a glass and under a fiver a pint . The food is top quality and hugely subsidised with a full roast dinner coming out at £12.

Additionally, you get to see the Long Room etc which is a bit of a must for any cricketing followers.

However, weather forecast is pretty dire for the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    If you are a Glamorgan member then , on production of your membership card, you can gain admittance to the Pavilion and members stands ( I am assuming that the arrangement remains in place)

Dress code applies to the pavilion but pints are served in a glass and under a fiver a pint . The food is top quality and hugely subsidised with a full roast dinner coming out at £12.

Additionally, you get to see the Long Room etc which is a bit of a must for any cricketing followers.

i wish i knew that when i was a member

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

i wish i knew that when i was a member

Coming up to ninety minutes played and no wickets for Glamorgan - we really needed to win the toss.

The Middlesex wicket keeper Simpson always seems to get runs against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    It is and I would definitely recommend it for anyone that hasn’t been. Although, since living in London for a while now and having been to a lot of different formats for domestic and international at both, the Oval has it beat hands down for me in a straight shoot out.
    I used to go to Lords and The Oval when I lived in London too. I was close to Lords and would also watch Middlesex when they played there but it was a miserable experience with most of the ground empty. England matches were fantastic though.

I totally agree that The Oval is the better ground though for all formats but ODIs have always been my favourites there.

Side note: my favourite ground though is Trent Bridge. Love watching cricket there. Sadly, Sophia Gardens has lost some of its soul for me and I haven't renewed my membership since the pandemic.

Will have to give the Oval a go. I think my dislike for Surrey cricket club has always put me off a bit.

Timely wicket for Glamorgan, let's have a few more quick ones now !

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I used to go to Lords and The Oval when I lived in London too. I was close to Lords and would also watch Middlesex when they played there but it was a miserable experience with most of the ground empty. England matches were fantastic though.

I totally agree that The Oval is the better ground though for all formats but ODIs have always been my favourites there.

Side note: my favourite ground though is Trent Bridge. Love watching cricket there. Sadly, Sophia Gardens has lost some of its soul for me and I haven't renewed my membership since the pandemic.
    Agree about the loss of soul at Sophia. Always thought it was a mistake to encourage this rush of loads of grounds at around the 15k capacity mark. Would have much rathered see the money spent getting 2 out of lords/oval/edgbaston up to the 50/60k mark and let the smaller grounds retain their character. Love watching some of the games at smaller grounds in New Zealand and South Africa

this is not looking good. Carlson bowling and getting whacked all over. Middlesex lead 64 with 5 wickets left.

not impressed by Patel's bowling, v slow and easily whackable.

The game’s running away from us but a typical performance at Lord’s by Glam would have resulted in a defeat by now. Hope we produce a match saving second innings.

Rain forecast tomorrow so I doubt we will get a full days play. Weather looks good on Thursday though. We need to try and bat out for a draw but on current form that doesn’t look likely.

Second year on the trot where the break for the Hundred seems to have affected Glamorgan’s four day form for the worse. The weather may help save us this time, but we’re going to have to bat better than we’ve done since the Hundred ended - first thing I’d do is get Gill opening.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Second year on the trot where the break for the Hundred seems to have affected Glamorgan’s four day form for the worse. The weather may help save us this time, but we’re going to have to bat better than we’ve done since the Hundred ended - first thing I’d do is get Gill opening.
    I wonder if the captaincy is making Lloyd want to 'tough it out'. But totally agree, get gil up top because Lloyd opening just isn't working this year.
    Let Lloyd come in at 7 and have a smash

I wonder if the captaincy is making Lloyd want to 'tough it out'. But totally agree, get gil up top because Lloyd opening just isn't working this year.
    Let Lloyd come in at 7 and have a smash
    why do we persist with people clearly 'off form' when there are youngsters in the 2nd XI delivering? Lloyd and Carlson have not had the best of seasons and clearly if things continue we're not going to get promoted. On recent performances we don't deserve it. The Hundred has also been a disaster as not a level playing field and the Blast and Royal London have a lot more meaning to the Glammy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    why do we persist with people clearly 'off form' when there are youngsters in the 2nd XI delivering? Lloyd and Carlson have not had the best of seasons and clearly if things continue we're not going to get promoted. On recent performances we don't deserve it. The Hundred has also been a disaster as not a level playing field and the Blast and Royal London have a lot more meaning to the Glammy fans.
    My first move would probably be to drop Lloyd if I'm honest. I suppose the fact he's captain muddies the water a little bit.

In Carlson's defence, his 50 over performances probably warranted him playing this game. I do think he was lucky to keep his county champ spot before the 50 over/hundred break .

Maynard also is dining out on something and must be glad he's not employed by Chelsea.

I think Maynard’s doing a decent job.

176 deficit on 1st innings. Need a couple of big innings to get anything out of this. Another 400 from Northeast isn't too much to ask is it?
    On the plus side, we picked up the third bowling point with 2 balls to spare, and Middlesex fell 10 runs short of a 5th batting point. Could be important at the end of the season.

We need to bat for four sessions to make the game safe

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think Maynard’s doing a decent job.
    I agree, we could have the Maynard that “coaches” the Welsh Fire.

Think we need to match the Middlesex score to stand a chance of winning - in fact, we probably need to do that to avoid defeat.

Hope we see a competitive batting performance from Glamorgan of a type which shows that the toss was a big factor in the outcome, but I don’t have a lot of faith in us at the moment I’m afraid - think we’re missing Neser a lot even though James Harris has done well lately.