+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Can’t have many complaints that the team that pips us to the post is the only one that beat us twice, comprehensively (Durham, I think, being the only other loss this season).

All in all, I think you’d have to call this a successful red ball campaign. Lots of records set and a decent haul of victories. But at the moment it’s all very disappointing.
    It's very frustrating though as we're in pole position going into September but then played very poorly in consecutive games

I don’t think you can complain about Gill and Patel’s contributions, but we’ve missed Neser especially a lot. Overall, it’s been a good red ball season though - I can remember posting a link to a Guardian article at the start of the season that predicted we’d come third and thinking no chance. However, we’ve had a good squad this year, even if it’s a bit back to square obeisance next season when it comes to seam bowling- the Second Division’s going to be a bit of waste of time next season though with no promotion.

Disappointing, but good to see us pushing for promotion until (almost) the end.

Indeed very disappointing. But even if worcs had done us a favour we had to win. And sussex’ 20/20 effort in the 2nd innings means that s no longer looking likely. As others have said that bloody middx game.

I felt for the players this afternoon as they would have known promotion was gone. A demoralising final session today and tomorrow will be painful. Michael Hogan deserves so much better than that in his final game. He is going to be hugely missed.

No promotion or relegation..no point at all.

Four wickets for Glamorgan so far this morning - Sussex 99 in front.

It doesn’t count for anything now, but it would be nice to end with a win. Trouble is, wickets fell quite quickly in the first session yesterday and then they got harder and harder to come by.

Last year’s champions Warwickshire scrapping for survival at Edgbaston, need three wickets to stay in division one (at the expense of Yorkshire) whilst Hampshire need 41 runs to win.

Last year’s champions Warwickshire scrapping for survival at Edgbaston, need three wickets to stay in division one (at the expense of Yorkshire) whilst Hampshire need 41 runs to win.
    I’m watching this game - down to 31 now. Think Hampshire are going to do it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m watching this game - down to 31 now. Think Hampshire are going to do it unfortunately.
    Would have to agree with you, stepped on it since the last wicket. Surprised it had been taken this deep considering.

Would have to agree with you, stepped on it since the last wicket. Surprised it had been taken this deep considering.
    Fifteen needed with two wickets left.

Five to win, one wicket left.

Yorkshire relegated, what a shame.

I read today that Michael Hogan holds a batting world record.
    380 games in his 14 year career and he was never out LBW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I read today that Michael Hogan holds a batting world record.
    380 games in his 14 year career and he was never out LBW.
    There was a Tweet last week of an advert for a pair of never been used Michael Hogan’s pads for sale.

Six players sign new contracts with Glamorgan.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/si...with-glamorgan

Six players sign new contracts with Glamorgan.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/si...with-glamorgan
    Hassan Azad and Harry Podmore likely incomers as well by all accounts - two good additions.

Given that Yorkshire will probably have a points deduction next season, Glamorgan could be favourites to win Div2 (subject to there being a Div2, and it may not get them promoted anyway!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Hassan Azad and Harry Podmore likely incomers as well by all accounts - two good additions.

Given that Yorkshire will probably have a points deduction next season, Glamorgan could be favourites to win Div2 (subject to there being a Div2, and it may not get them promoted anyway!).
    I'd been told by someone else that Podmore was a possibility - just looked him up on Wikipedia and he averages 18 with the bat (so, certainly not a mug) and an impressive under 27 with the ball. Don't think he's played a great deal for Kent in the last two seasons though which suggests he may have been struggling with injuries.

Azad is news to me though - he was Leicestershire's best batsman for a couple of seasons, but didn't have a great season in 2022 (or at least, he was not playing for Leicester towards the end of their four day programme. However, I'd say, based on his overall record, he'd be a good signing for us, although does it mean an end to the Lloyd opening experiment, just as he had managed a triple hundred in the role?

Fair enough

Only vaguely Glamorgan related, but Michael Balbirnie's Ireland are well on the way to beating the West Indies and qualifying for the Super 12 phase of the T20 World Cup - the West Indies, winners of the tournament quite recently, will fail to make it through.

If Scotland can beat Zimbabwe later this morning, they'll qualify as well.

Watched the end of the cricket, amazing game - the decisions of umpire Kohli made the difference in the end.

Decided to stay with this rather than switching to the derby yesterday (which sadly says it all about my enthusiasm for the city atm). Last over was madness.