+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Damn only just started watching and Lloyd goes for70. We need to build from here. Still 43 overs left today

3 wickets down now

Yep we have lost three wickets with just five runs scored. Still loads of overs tonight. This could be all over today

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Another 400 from Northeast isn't too much to ask is it?
    Sorry. My fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Sorry. My fault.
    Claim it was a typo and you added a 4 and a 0 by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Claim it was a typo and you added a 4 and a 0 by mistake
    Yeah, that's what happened 😁

Really feeble stuff by Glamorgan from 120-0. They could lose this by an innings.

Pathetic performance. Cooke follows within a few balls of harris after a partnership developed. Same as he did in the first innings, like byrom did after Lloyd, and like northeast after gil. Truly pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really feeble stuff by Glamorgan from 120-0. They could lose this by an innings.
    Middx will bat again.... just!

Some kind of act of God is the only thing that'll save us from defeat.

That couple of months break was always going to go against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think Maynard’s doing a decent job.
    on what basis do you say that?

At the end of the day, the players that end up at Glam just haven’t got what it takes when a big performance is required. Yes they have their moments but all too rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    At the end of the day, the players that end up at Glam just haven’t got what it takes when a big performance is required. Yes they have their moments but all too rare.
    I heard they've employed a Sioux chief to do a rain dance tomorrow.

Disastrous evening session but Middlesex have just been better with bat and ball. They’ll have some confidence going into the last rounds. Still to play for but the inevitable loss will be a blow for us.

Comings and goings at this stage of the season, with a month plus off the long stuff, doesn’t help of course. No offence to the lad but don’t see what Patel offers as a signing at this stage, appreciated he smacked it about a bit first innings. Really could’ve done with another seamer although appreciate the pickings may have been slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    on what basis do you say that?

We are one of the weakest counties in the land. We have the occasional triumph but are mostly down there with the weakest. We are at least pushing for promotion under Maynard albeit doubt we will go up.
    Simply put we don’t have the resources of a Lancashire, Surrey or Yorkshire or pool of local talent. So in the circs he is doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Pathetic performance. Cooke follows within a few balls of harris after a partnership developed. Same as he did in the first innings, like byrom did after Lloyd, and like northeast after gil. Truly pathetic
    Inexcusable. I think we have just blow promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Inexcusable. I think we have just blow promotion
    I fear you're right there. Middlesex play Leicester next, so hard to see where we make these points back up over them

Lost by ten wickets and you have to say that Middlesex have been far better than us in both games. I don’t think anything lass than two wins will do now, but I can’t see that happening. Getting to see the bowling speeds on the streams these days is instructive with Harris being comfortably our quickest bowler - Van Der Gugten doesn’t seem to be fully over his injury.

As for the batting, when the pressure was really on yesterday, the openers, with Lloyd finally coming good, put us into a position where saving the game was a realistic aim and then we folded completely - we’ve looked nothing like the side we were in July since the four day stuff.resumed.

Don't deserve to go up after that.
    Seem to have lost all momentum after no 4 dayers in August.

To be 123/0 and lose like that is incredibly disappointing

It didn't help losing Labuschagne and Ingram. Those two take a bit of replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    It didn't help losing Labuschagne and Ingram. Those two take a bit of replacing.
    i also think losing neser was a big loss

We obviously don't know the full story but I wonder why we don't blood some of those doing well in the 2nd XI? The batting has been disappointing so surely give others a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    We obviously don't know the full story but I wonder why we don't blood some of those doing well in the 2nd XI? The batting has been disappointing so surely give others a chance?
    Think we’ll see Bevanplaying in at least one of the remaining games.

Lukas Carey, Ruaidhri Smith, Joe Cooke, James Weighell and Tom Cullen will all leave Glamorgan at the conclusion of the current season