+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Lukas Carey, Ruaidhri Smith, Joe Cooke, James Weighell and Tom Cullen will all leave Glamorgan at the conclusion of the current season
    A little surprised by Joe Cooke leaving, but not by any of the others. I assume the fact that Ingram’s not mentioned means that he’s going to be offered another contract - think we ‘ll need at least one seamer from the domestic or loan market. Still think we could do with another batsman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Lukas Carey, Ruaidhri Smith, Joe Cooke, James Weighell and Tom Cullen will all leave Glamorgan at the conclusion of the current season
    Surprised about Cooke. Tough on Cullen. Smith and Carey just couldn't stay fit

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A little surprised by Joe Cooke leaving, but not by any of the others. I assume the fact that Ingram’s not mentioned means that he’s going to be offered another contract - think we ‘ll need at least one seamer from the domestic or loan market. Still think we could do with another batsman as well.
    I thought Cullen had a deal until 2023. I guess Horton now steps up to be the reserve keeper. Can't help but feel Salter has been very fortunate to keep being offered néw contracts. His deal expires next year.

Salter has a bowling average of 44 and a batting average of 22. He is a lucky boy to still be a professional cricketer

Right to release these 5, I feel. Glamorgan must have the oldest 2nd XI in County Cricket. Feel as if moving towards a younger 2nd XI, and a smaller first team squad, is the right thing to do.

I wonder who they've got lined up as the new signing that the BBC mention. Has to be a pace bowler surely (arguably need 2 of them). I note that Aneurin Donald is out of contract at Hampshire, but a #5/#6 is really not what's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Right to release these 5, I feel. Glamorgan must have the oldest 2nd XI in County Cricket. Feel as if moving towards a younger 2nd XI, and a smaller first team squad, is the right thing to do.

I wonder who they've got lined up as the new signing that the BBC mention. Has to be a pace bowler surely (arguably need 2 of them). I note that Aneurin Donald is out of contract at Hampshire, but a #5/#6 is really not what's needed.
    I know - but I would take him back! Probably a bit of undeserved faith in a young glammy boy, but still would.

Wasn't feeling too confident about our chances of overhauling Middlesex. But up against a Derbyshire side missing shan Masood . Good opportunity to get some points on the board and put the pressure back onto middlesex

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Wasn't feeling too confident about our chances of overhauling Middlesex. But up against a Derbyshire side missing shan Masood . Good opportunity to get some points on the board and put the pressure back onto middlesex
    Gill not involved. Carlson dropped. Bevan and Salter come into the side. Salter rarely takes many wickets so not optimistic.

Shame to lose Gill to illness. Middlesex are 77/3 at Grace Road at the moment.

99-1 at lunch with Lloyd showing more signs of a return to form with an unbeaten half century and Bevan having to battle hard to get to 28. If the pitch is going to turn as much as the commentators think it is, then Derbyshire may end up regretting putting us in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Shame to lose Gill to illness. Middlesex are 77/3 at Grace Road at the moment.
    Looking like it could be the bit of luck Tom Bevan needed to get into the side, although it is definitely a Shane to lose a player of gils quality. Promising morning

Didn’t see Bevan’s dismissal but a decent introduction from him, shame he didn’t get a couple of runs more for a 50. Not a shabby day’s play so far. Leicester have taken five wickets for Middlesex’s 151.

Edit: Northeast just lost his wicket from a good delivery to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Didn’t see Bevan’s dismissal but a decent introduction from him, shame he didn’t get a couple of runs more for a 50. Not a shabby day’s play so far. Leicester have taken five wickets for Middlesex’s 151.

Edit: Northeast just lost his wicket from a good delivery to be fair.
    Bevan gave it away really, having a swing at the spinner, but it was a good introduction to four day cricket overall.

276-3, Lloyd 146 not out.

Make that 150 - pleased for him because he’s had a rough season.

367-3, Lloyd 200 not out.

When you see Lloyd bat like that you have to wonder why he has struggled so much. His batting was majestic today. We should bat on our nail tea tomorrow and rack up a huge score.
    Middlesex are likely to pick up 3 or 4 batting points. We have to hope Leicestershire bat well tomorrow.

Great day's play.
    Why couldn't they have done that against Middlesex though?

Don’t always agree with Edward Bevan, but I thought he was right when he started saying it looked a very flat pitch this evening and these days you tend to wait for pitches to break up and it never happens - still, we’re going to get maximum batting points barring a huge collapse and that’s all you can ask n Glamorgan’s position.

Very good performance. Runs have come quick enough that we can really put pressure on them aswell. Let's hope for a big , aggressive day of cricket tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Very good performance. Runs have come quick enough that we can really put pressure on them aswell. Let's hope for a big , aggressive day of cricket tomorrow.
    Should look for 650 and then have the final session of the day to bowl at them. We need Leics to bat well tomorrow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Should look for 650 and then have the final session of the day to bowl at them. We need Leics to bat well tomorrow too.
    Yeah definitely need Leicester to finally find a performance, draw or loss for Middlesex would be fantastic.

Root and Cooke out before Glamorgan reach 400 - might not be a bad thing if it means the pitch is playing up a bit.

I'd be tempted to really put the foot down now. See if we can smash another 100 before lunch then really get stuck into them afterwards

Leics 31/3 which is a bit grim. At least Middx only got two batting points but we have to win this.

Leics 37/4 will struggle to avoid the follow on