+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

504-5 at lunch with Lloyd 288 not out. I’m 99.9 per cent Glamorgan have never had two players score more than 300 in an innings in the same season in their history - will it happen today?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    504-5 at lunch with Lloyd 288 not out. I’m 99.9 per cent Glamorgan have never had two players score more than 300 in an innings in the same season in their history - will it happen today?
    Before Sam Northeast's 410, I think the next 2 highest innings by Glamorgan batsmen were Steve James's 309 and Mike Powell's 299.
    Could be wrong but I think there's only been one triple.

Fabulous innings from Lloyd. Would like to have seen us reach 600 before declaring

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Fabulous innings from Lloyd. Would like to have seen us reach 600 before declaring
    A few more and he would have scored more than Essex and Lancashire managed over the whole match. Essex all out for 59 chasing just 98 to win. Crazy.

Yes a few more would have been nice, but 🤞 enough time to bowl them out twice.

Yeah, brilliant from Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A few more and he would have scored more than Essex and Lancashire managed over the whole match. Essex all out for 59 chasing just 98 to win. Crazy.
    All over in less than a day and a half too. Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    All over in less than a day and a half too. Mad.
    A pitch which turned from day one would probably have got a points deduction, I’ll be surprised if that Chelmsford wicket does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Before Sam Northeast's 410, I think the next 2 highest innings by Glamorgan batsmen were Steve James's 309 and Mike Powell's 299.
    Could be wrong but I think there's only been one triple.
    Yes, you’re right, so Glamorgan’s two highest individual scores in their history have both come this season.

Derbyshire 37-2.

Make that 37-3, Patel two in two balls, and the ball is turning.

Hell of a start bowling wise. Leicester mounting a bit of a recovery aswell. Weather looks slightly dicey Friday so good to be making quick process.

Notts are taking an absolute caning aswell. 24 point win for glam and top spot is still a mathematical possibility, especially with Durham looking in good nick

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Notts are taking an absolute caning aswell. 24 point win for glam and top spot is still a mathematical possibility, especially with Durham looking in good nick
    dont think its possible to catch notts

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    dont think its possible to catch notts
    Realistically no. Mathematically maybe. If we win this game and they lose (both outcomes look likely), then we need to win and hope Matt Potts goes ballistic. Basically we'd need notts to do a Cardiff !

As so often is the case in cricket its that 6th wicket stand that is proving so difficult. Lots of work to do over the next two days to force a win

A good fightback from Leics who close at 273/9 just 24 runs behind. So Middx are not home and dry in that one

A good fightback from Leics who close at 273/9 just 24 runs behind. So Middx are not home and dry in that one
    Was enjoying watching the BBC score from the Leicester game more than the game happening in front of me. A very unexpected bonus

Was enjoying watching the BBC score from the Leicester game more than the game happening in front of me. A very unexpected bonus
    Same here

We treated Middlesex as if they were the 1980s West Indies team in our two meetings with them, Leicestershire are showing that this is far from the case. It’s funny, Durham and Middlesex have been quite a bit better than us in our four games with them, but we’ve been competitive with all of the rest and better than most of them.

Very good day for us today, - that Dal’s some player for Derbyshire, think he’ll be playing in the First Division soon.

Leics 294 all out so only 3 runs behind.
    Meanwhile in Cardiff we need a breakthrough

Everything falling in to place, but glamorgan failing to do their part. Same old story

Everything falling in to place, but glamorgan failing to do their part. Same old story
    Yep think this is heading for a draw

its happened again the middle order get in and score a good few runs against us

a pitch that anyone could bat on and some wayward bowling.

They probably read the high performance review and decided there wasn't any point winning the game. What a disaster Strauss has been for the game in England since becoming a suit.