+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Wonder who we’ll be playing in the local derby cup - it’ll be Warwickshire v Worcestershire, Gloucestershire v Somerset and we’ll probably end up playing Durham.

Very good catch by patel. C'monglammy

1 becomes 2. Game on !!!

Need to finish this off and get them back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Need to finish this off and get them back in again.
    Concern there is we've already bowled 100 overs!

And Middlesex now scoring quickly! Out of interest anyone know why Notts didn't try?!

9 down

Given that the forecast for tomorrow is good, I wouldn't be adverse to batting for 20 overs now rather than enforce the follow on. Set them 450 from 115+ overs, but more importantly give our players a rest for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    9 down

Gone! Decision time.....

Following on. Seems to be turning for Ajaz.

Surprised after 110 overs. VDG will be knackered already!

Given the Strauss Report, Glamorgan have got no chance of being promoted - number of Championship games to be cut from fourteen to ten (all hail the glorious Hundred).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62985372

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given the Strauss Report, Glamorgan have got no chance of being promoted - number of Championship games to be cut from fourteen to ten (all hail the glorious Hundred).

it was always coming to this sadly the one i dont understand is using a kookaburra ball to promote spinners then cut the matches they are going to bowl in

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    it was always coming to this sadly the one i dont understand is using a kookaburra ball to promote spinners then cut the matches they are going to bowl in
    Fair point.

Fair point.
    the ECB are on a par with the Tory government for being completely out of touch and f'in useless!

Joke! Why. I'm 54 - love county cricket. Look at scorecards every night through the season. Never thought about the hundred once. My lad is 24. Big Worcester fan (cricket only of course). Exactly the same.

Wonder who we’ll be playing in the local derby cup - it’ll be Warwickshire v Worcestershire, Gloucestershire v Somerset and we’ll probably end up playing Durham.
    Wales Minor counties probably, the big rivalry, sure to draw the crowds.

It's only right that to improve at long format, 50 over and 20 over cricket England need the county circuit to revolve around a 100 ball gimmick game that isn't played anywhere else in the world.

Just watched Michael Atherton saying it’s about finding a compromise between the two big structures of the domestic game below international level, Championship cricket and the Hundred. Seems to me that the compromises are being made entirely on one side and it’s not the Hundred.

Derbyshire 26-1 following on.

I wouldn't mind if all the people who are involved in this had their heads on the block when it invariably has absolutely no effect (or potentially even a detrimental one) on the England national side but these absolute shits just skate from one mess to another.

Just watched Michael Atherton saying it’s about finding a compromise between the two big structures of the domestic game below international level, Championship cricket and the Hundred. Seems to me that the compromises are being made entirely on one side and it’s not the Hundred.

Derbyshire 26-1 following on.
    Yeah doesn't add up at all. Isnt the plan that there is no test cricket at all in August to allow for the Hundred to have a free run? Not just sacrificing the county 4 day game for mums and kids gimmick cricket, they are sacrificing tests too.

I am surprised they didn't get the message when overseas players were leaving in their droves to get to the cpl. The hundred is nothing on the international schedule so to break everything for it is madness.

Completely agree with what's already been said here. Cutting the county game for the pointless hundred is appalling.

Middlx 209-3 to 271 all out. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Completely agree with what's already been said here. Cutting the county game for the pointless hundred is appalling.
    The worst part for me is to have a small "premier" league that is so difficult to get promoted to. I think the proposal is that the two counties who win their respective conferences would play-off for a promotion. They clearly want to make the top division a partial closed-shop containing only the "big" test-ground counties.

I'd just have a top division of 8 teams, and a second division of 10 teams. Top division stops for the hundred, whilst the second division carries on. Integrity of the top division maintained, with 14 games played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Middlx 209-3 to 271 all out. Fingers crossed!
    leics are 2 down already though, a Middlesex win here would be a disaster