+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    bbc sport saying all the proposed changes to county cricket are dead in the water , im not surprised really
    That's good news!

Glamorgan’s defeat by Cardiff University this week, albeit in a declaration game, has me feeling less optimistic thanI was about this season- play due to restart at 1.10.

Hover cover now broken down on the square and an early lunch taken!

I was on a sponsored walk last week to raise money for young cricketers, and was fortunate to spend a mile or two having a chat with Matthew Maynard who walked with us. I found him to be quite a humble chap. Was so nice to have a chat with someone who has been there and done it and while we are of a similar age, I must admit that he was a definitley a hero of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Hover cover now broken down on the square and an early lunch taken!

I was on a sponsored walk last week to raise money for young cricketers, and was fortunate to spend a mile or two having a chat with Matthew Maynard who walked with us. I found him to be quite a humble chap. Was so nice to have a chat with someone who has been there and done it and while we are of a similar age, I must admit that he was a definitley a hero of mine.
    Maynard would have done well playing Baz ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maynard would have done well playing Baz ball.

Most definitely.

15-1 off 13 overs, I thought it was going to be all Baz ball this season

First Glamorgan wicket for Podmore - second thoughts, that’s probably not true because he has been on loan to us before.

Hogan has 1 for Kent already. Frustrating morning at Glamorgan, the weather wasn't actually that bad. Just seemed to start raining again everytime they came on, and that bloody breakdown of the cover. Good tight spells from Podmore and Timm

Gloucestershire 71-2 at tea with Bracey giving it away with a poor shot off Lloyd in the last over before the break - Glamorgan’s attack looking very samey, Neser’s extra pace will be welcome in the next game.

Two quick wickets for Van Der Gugten after tea - 92-4.

100-5, another wicket for Van Der Gugten - GLoucestershire’s Australian opener Marcus Harris is still there with fifty odd and Bracey 33, no other batter has got past 3.

Glad to see Timm going well. Missed nearly all of last season so it's almost like having a new signing. Very talented bowler.

Harris bowled Harris, plus another one for Van Der Gugten - 108-7.

Gloucestershire recovered to some extent to reach 165 all out, five wickets for Van Der Gugten and a couple for Douthwaite.

Gloucestershire recovered to some extent to reach 165 all out, five wickets for Van Der Gugten and a couple for Douthwaite.
    Yes should have been dismissed for a lot less but now depends on Glammys I first innings response

Decent reply with Byrom and Carlsson going well with half centuries each and century partnership.

https://twitter.com/glamcricket/stat...QR3TCJcTUMRtvw

253-5 for 5, Carlson just over for 106, a great way to start for him after a disappointing time last year.

Watch out for the Price brothers for Glos. Two extremely talented young cricketers

Any news on what's happened to Ingram?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Any news on what's happened to Ingram?
    Neck problem apparently.

Neck problem apparently.
    Thanks. That's a shame. Hopefully not too serious.

352-7 Douthwaite just out having a slog. Ingram walking in to bat with Root closing in on a hundred.

400 runs and full bonus points, great start. Maybe a bit too early to look at other sides, but Leicester only 5 down first innings against Yorkshire, hopefully they can hold Yorkshire to a draw

400 runs and full bonus points, great start. Maybe a bit too early to look at other sides, but Leicester only 5 down first innings against Yorkshire, hopefully they can hold Yorkshire to a draw
    No, we’re one short when it comes to batting points - you don’t get your first batting point until 250 this season, so you need to score 450 in one hundred and ten overs to get the full five bonus points.

No, we’re one short when it comes to batting points - you don’t get your first batting point until 250 this season, so you need to score 450 in one hundred and ten overs to get the full five bonus points.
    That change had completely passed me by. Not sure I like that. Going to be hard for many sides to get full points at grounds like Sophia. Another made for Somerset and Surrey rule .

That change had completely passed me by. Not sure I like that. Going to be hard for many sides to get full points at grounds like Sophia. Another made for Somerset and Surrey rule .
    I was listening toMark Butcher on a podcast this week saying they should just do away with bonus points - he won me around to his way of thinking.