+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah doesn't add up at all. Isnt the plan that there is no test cricket at all in August to allow for the Hundred to have a free run? Not just sacrificing the county 4 day game for mums and kids gimmick cricket, they are sacrificing tests too.

I am surprised they didn't get the message when overseas players were leaving in their droves to get to the cpl. The hundred is nothing on the international schedule so to break everything for it is madness.
    Yes, all test cricket to be played in June andJuly I believe - the only non Hundred cricket in August is going to be this first class Festival stuff shich I’m not sure involves just three extra games in total or three games per county. Apparently, it needs twelve counties to be in favour of the amendments for them to be carried and Atherton thought that might be a problem because it means a loss revenue for non test match and Hundred grounds like Taunton, Bristol, Canterbury, Chelmsford etc.

Derbyshire 79-3, Leicestershire 11-2 chasing 275.

Leics 13/3 so we know where that game is heading. We simply have to win.

13/4

13-4. Beyond a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I wouldn't mind if all the people who are involved in this had their heads on the block when it invariably has absolutely no effect (or potentially even a detrimental one) on the England national side but these absolute shits just skate from one mess to another.
    The ECB are doing what they can to ensure their crisp tournament is a success, at the detriment of everything else.

Counties won't vote for Strauss' plan though. Unless there are some massive financial incentives, and even then, I don't think they'll believe the ECB.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, all test cricket to be played in June andJuly I believe - the only non Hundred cricket in August is going to be this first class Festival stuff shich I’m not sure involves just three extra games in total or three games per county. Apparently, it needs twelve counties to be in favour of the amendments for them to be carried and Atherton thought that might be a problem because it means a loss revenue for non test match and Hundred grounds like Taunton, Bristol, Canterbury, Chelmsford etc.

Derbyshire 79-3, Leicestershire 11-2 chasing 275.
    Kent have pretty much said they'll be voting against it. They refuse to be rendered irrelevant. Good for them.

Lots of work to do tomorrow to win the game.

I’d have settled for needing 7 wickets on final day, as long as it’s not at 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Kent have pretty much said they'll be voting against it. They refuse to be rendered irrelevant. Good for them.
    A few more of the counties' reactions to it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62999460

need a miracle now as Derby are in for the rest of the day by the looks of it.

Yet another poor Cardiff pitch which gets flatter as the game goes on it would appear - the ball was turning more on day two than it has been this morning.

This is going to be a draw....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is going to be a draw....
    starting to look like

1 out of 7.............

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    A wicket!
    Badly needed. Six to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Badly needed. Six to go.
    2 out of 7..........

make that 4 out of 7.....

leics are 7 down and 162 runs behind middlesex as well, so unfortunatly that looks like a win for them

And then there was one… Hogan with the 9th wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    leics are 7 down and 162 runs behind middlesex as well, so unfortunatly that looks like a win for them
    They’ve managed to hold on without losing a wicket today but I’d have to agree with you.

Edit: no sooner than posted Leicestershire have lost their 8th wicket.

And that’s it VdG with the last wicket, won by an innings and 20 runs.

Sam Robson took it in his 1st over!!