Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Sam Robson took it in his 1st over!!
    The 8th Leics wicket

Re: GLAMMY

Fantastic result!

Good performance.
    Just need to do it one more time against Sussex and hope that Middlesex slip up against Worcestershire.

That was an excellent win and we will cut the gap to 9 points. Middx play an in form Worcs next so all to play for

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That was an excellent win and we will cut the gap to 9 points. Middx play an in form Worcs next so all to play for
    haven't taken the last leics wicket yet................just saying!!

oh yes they have

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    nightmare!

So, I think we’d need a win and two more bonus points than Middlesex if they were to draw. You’d think that Middlesex have got the tougher game next week.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, I think we’d need a win and two more bonus points than Middlesex if they were to draw. You’d think that Middlesex have got the tougher game next week.
    No idea on weather, but assuming for now both games have time for results, cannot see Middx drawing. They will win or lose. Shame now is that Worcs have nothing to play for. Just hope they don't resort to kids because they are in fine form.

No idea on weather, but assuming for now both games have time for results, cannot see Middx drawing. They will win or lose. Shame now is that Worcs have nothing to play for. Just hope they don't resort to kids because they are in fine form.
    Chance of rain in the morning at Hove on the first and last day, looks like it’ll by dry in London (slight chance of drizzle on Monday morning). I agree, I think there’ll be a result at Lords.

Chance of rain in the morning at Hove on the first and last day, looks like it’ll by dry in London (slight chance of drizzle on Monday morning). I agree, I think there’ll be a result at Lords.
    I assumed Middlesex would be at home as they were away this week, but the game’s at Worcester - the forecast is for four dry days.

First Team

I've never been to a Glamorgan game. I have a couple of questions.

1. If you buy a full membership (250GBP?) does that cover all home games?
    2. When you go to an away 4-day game do you have to buy tickets for each day (so say 4 x 15GBP)?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I've never been to a Glamorgan game. I have a couple of questions.

1. If you buy a full membership (250GBP?) does that cover all home games?
    2. When you go to an away 4-day game do you have to buy tickets for each day (so say 4 x 15GBP)?
    Yes all home games including those not played in Cardiff would be included and would cover T20 and Royal London too.
    You would only have to pay for one day at a time for an away game.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes all home games including those not played in Cardiff would be included and would cover T20 and Royal London too.
    You would only have to pay for one day at a time for an away game.
    OK. So if you went to all 4 days it would be 60GBP - no discount?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    OK. So if you went to all 4 days it would be 60GBP - no discount?
    I doubt there would be a discount and would advise against paying for all four days in advance as the match may not last that long

My mate goes away watching Glamorganquite a lot and a few years ago, they had an informal arrangement with close by counties like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire that ourmembers had some sort of discount at those grounds and vice versa atCardiff. I don’t think it applies any more though, but it’d be worth checking.

My mate goes away watching Glamorganquite a lot and a few years ago, they had an informal arrangement with close by counties like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire that ourmembers had some sort of discount at those grounds and vice versa atCardiff. I don’t think it applies any more though, but it’d be worth checking.
    That takes me back. When I was a youngster before I started playing club cricket every weekend ,my dad always bought me a Glamorgan membership card. I seem to remember what you have stated above was always included in the membership. I’d completely forgotten about that until your comment Bob.

On a different note, I’m going to a do tonight at Hopkinstown Cricket Club tonight initiated by Michael Cann who played for Glamorgan back in the late 80s. Canny is putting a lot of effort into revitalising cricket in the valleys and has organised tonight with Matt Maynard donating his time for nothing as guest speaker. Auctioning off some cricket memorabilia including Labuschagne’s bat (well one of them). I’m still struggling with my conscience whether to donate my 1968 Australia autographed bat. Should be a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    That takes me back. When I was a youngster before I started playing club cricket every weekend ,my dad always bought me a Glamorgan membership card. I seem to remember what you have stated above was always included in the membership. I’d completely forgotten about that until your comment Bob.

On a different note, I’m going to a do tonight at Hopkinstown Cricket Club tonight initiated by Michael Cann who played for Glamorgan back in the late 80s. Canny is putting a lot of effort into revitalising cricket in the valleys and has organised tonight with Matt Maynard donating his time for nothing as guest speaker. Auctioning off some cricket memorabilia including Labuschagne’s bat (well one of them). I’m still struggling with my conscience whether to donate my 1968 Australia autographed bat. Should be a good night.
    Blimey, it’s coming up to forty years sine Mike Cann played for Glamorgan - I would have said twenty five at the most! Based on that, maybe those reciprocal deals I talked about were more twentieth century than twenty first!

Hope tonight goes well, I think I’d keep the bat if was my decision to make

It’s not cricket! India’s women’s team beat England with a Mankad - England needed seventeen to win with their last pair together and the bowler broke the stumps at her end with the non facing batter out of the crease. All within the laws of the game, but hardly in the spirit of it - my view is that the bowler should have gestured to break the stumps as a “final warning” or, failing that, their captain could have withdrawn the appeal, because the way it finished ruined a good game.

Bob, “the spirit of the game” disappeared many years ago. You don’t see many players “walking” these days, ball tampering, “sledging” prevalent everywhere.

What happened yesterday was at least within the laws of the game, ideally a warning would have been the thing to do but strictly speaking the “batter” was cheating besides being extremely naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Bob, “the spirit of the game” disappeared many years ago. You don’t see many players “walking” these days, ball tampering, “sledging” prevalent everywhere.

What happened yesterday was at least within the laws of the game, ideally a warning would have been the thing to do but strictly speaking the “batter” was cheating besides being extremely naive.
    Apparently, it's only the fifth time it's happened in international cricket and the first time in the women's game - there's a reason for that, even though you could probably get a run out off every ball in limited overs cricket especially if you wanted to go down that route. England can't play the victim though because I can remember Paul Collingwood deciding not to withdraw an appeal after a run out against New Zealand brought about by a collision between a batsman and fielder - I just think a big crowd at Lords were denied what could have been a very exciting finish in a game which was a dead rubber through actions which I think go against the prevailing spirit in the game. I accept that is a bit hypocritical when you consider some of the things which go on in the game, but, as I've heard one or two pundits say, did India really think that they could not break a last wicket partnership, with seventeen still left to get, if they had not resorted to that?

It’s not cricket! India’s women’s team beat England with a Mankad - England needed seventeen to win with their last pair together and the bowler broke the stumps at her end with the non facing batter out of the crease. All within the laws of the game, but hardly in the spirit of it - my view is that the bowler should have gestured to break the stumps as a “final warning” or, failing that, their captain could have withdrawn the appeal, because the way it finished ruined a good game.
    Re: a warning - fair enough, but I was frankly amazed by how far the England batter was out of her crease, especially with a spinner bowling, and thought that it was she that was taking the proverbial liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Albany View Post
    Re: a warning - fair enough, but I was frankly amazed by how far the England batter was out of her crease, especially with a spinner bowling, and thought that it was she that was taking the proverbial liberty.
    She wasn’t that far out of her crease. When the bowler stopped, the batter still had her bat in the crease. She only left her ground and very slowly as the bowler if she had delivered the ball had been in her follow through. It wasn’t as if she was starting to run to steal a single. But what I found interesting, was from the one camera, you could see before she took the bails off the umpire (was it Saggers), actually called a dead ball, before then asking after she then removed the bails whether she was actually appealing.

Charlie Dean threatened to Mankad the batter when coming in to bowl her first ball today