+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Bat 'em out of the game.
    Runs flow freely when you have over 100 on the board.

We need wickets and fast tomorrow morning.
    Worcs need wickets and fast tomorrow morning.

Good first hour . Sussex 6 down.

Am I right in thinking if Middlesex get 400 we are done?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    dont think so it looks like both teams will get 8 bonus pts if we get to 9 wickets and middlesex get 400
    if the bbc table hasnt been updated yet

I'm often wrong but I think that's correct unless they were to reach 400 and somehow lose their match

Yep if Middx get 400 within 110 overs it's all over as there will be no chance of them losing fron there so they will pick up 16 points as a minimum.
    This is going to be settled today. Our dire performance v Middx has cost us dear. We were then reliant upon Worcs who battled so poorly on day one that this was becoming inevitable.

We were some way off our best against Worcestershire a few weeks ago. Worcestershire, the team that stopped us going up in 2012 and are making life easy for Middlesex today - I shouldn’t, because they never do us any favours, but I’ve always quite liked them.

Ah well, doomed to forever live in the lower conferences below the Strauss Super League.

Ah well, doomed to forever live in the lower conferences below the Strauss Super League.
    It's all done. They will get the eight runs they need in the next few minutes which will effectively confirm their promotion.

Can’t have many complaints that the team that pips us to the post is the only one that beat us twice, comprehensively (Durham, I think, being the only other loss this season).

All in all, I think you’d have to call this a successful red ball campaign. Lots of records set and a decent haul of victories. But at the moment it’s all very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Can’t have many complaints that the team that pips us to the post is the only one that beat us twice, comprehensively (Durham, I think, being the only other loss this season).

All in all, I think you’d have to call this a successful red ball campaign. Lots of records set and a decent haul of victories. But at the moment it’s all very disappointing.
    It's very frustrating though as we're in pole position going into September but then played very poorly in consecutive games

I don’t think you can complain about Gill and Patel’s contributions, but we’ve missed Neser especially a lot. Overall, it’s been a good red ball season though - I can remember posting a link to a Guardian article at the start of the season that predicted we’d come third and thinking no chance. However, we’ve had a good squad this year, even if it’s a bit back to square obeisance next season when it comes to seam bowling- the Second Division’s going to be a bit of waste of time next season though with no promotion.

Disappointing, but good to see us pushing for promotion until (almost) the end.

Indeed very disappointing. But even if worcs had done us a favour we had to win. And sussex’ 20/20 effort in the 2nd innings means that s no longer looking likely. As others have said that bloody middx game.

I felt for the players this afternoon as they would have known promotion was gone. A demoralising final session today and tomorrow will be painful. Michael Hogan deserves so much better than that in his final game. He is going to be hugely missed.

No promotion or relegation..no point at all.

Four wickets for Glamorgan so far this morning - Sussex 99 in front.

It doesn’t count for anything now, but it would be nice to end with a win. Trouble is, wickets fell quite quickly in the first session yesterday and then they got harder and harder to come by.

Last year’s champions Warwickshire scrapping for survival at Edgbaston, need three wickets to stay in division one (at the expense of Yorkshire) whilst Hampshire need 41 runs to win.

Last year’s champions Warwickshire scrapping for survival at Edgbaston, need three wickets to stay in division one (at the expense of Yorkshire) whilst Hampshire need 41 runs to win.
    I’m watching this game - down to 31 now. Think Hampshire are going to do it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m watching this game - down to 31 now. Think Hampshire are going to do it unfortunately.
    Would have to agree with you, stepped on it since the last wicket. Surprised it had been taken this deep considering.

Would have to agree with you, stepped on it since the last wicket. Surprised it had been taken this deep considering.
    Fifteen needed with two wickets left.

Five to win, one wicket left.

Yorkshire relegated, what a shame.