Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

great effort

Glum 57-1 (19.0) lead by 196.

Lloyd 33*
    Labuschagne 7*

a good watch and hopefully more to come 178/2 and lead 317.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    a good watch and hopefully more to come 178/2 and lead 317.
    A nice surprise that they got a full session in and good to see a first fifty of the season for Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A nice surprise that they got a full session in and good to see a first fifty of the season for Northeast.
    just need to make sure of a sensible declaration and not too generous with their batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    just need to make sure of a sensible declaration and not too generous with their batsman.
    Yeah, Leicestershire chased down380 odd in the last match at Headingley.

Tomorrow is dry I think but I wouldn’t go past tea today. Get them back in.

Just declared, Yorkshire need 492 to win - Labuschagne 170 not out, but the commentators are doubting whether there’ll be any more play today.

Just declared, Yorkshire need 492 to win - Labuschagne 170 not out, but the commentators are doubting whether there’ll be any more play today.
    Labushagne gave a Masterclass with some 'interesting' and somewhat unconventional shots at times.

Why on earth isn’t Neser opening the bowling?

I know there’s a big degree of being wise after the event in this (always annoying), and I also know no one could have predicted no further play after tea (or maybe they could / should have?), but surely glammy declared too late. Nearly 500! Or maybe as someone else said they were really spooked by leics chase a couple of games ago. But draw has to be heavy odds on surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I know there’s a big degree of being wise after the event in this (always annoying), and I also know no one could have predicted no further play after tea (or maybe they could / should have?), but surely glammy declared too late. Nearly 500! Or maybe as someone else said they were really spooked by leics chase a couple of games ago. But draw has to be heavy odds on surely?
    The commentators were talking of rain coming at four during the morning session and there was a discussion as towhenGlamorganshould declare. The Yorkshire commentators were amazed when Nick Webb said we’d could be looking for a lead of459 which they thought was at least fifty too many.

I thought we could have declared at least half an hour earlier because it was clearly getting more gloomy and the rain at four forecast was going to be more or less on the mark.

First Team

Couldn't understand why they waited so long.
    Added to an otherwise miserable day as our opposition skipper waited until 4 o'clock before agreeing that the outfield was unplayable.
    Maybe the lakes in evidence at the coin toss were not a big enough clue.

The commentators were talking of rain coming at four during the morning session and there was a discussion as towhenGlamorganshould declare. The Yorkshire commentators were amazed when Nick Webb said we’d could be looking for a lead of459 which they thought was at least fifty too many.

I thought we could have declared at least half an hour earlier because it was clearly getting more gloomy and the rain at four forecast was going to be more or less on the mark.
    This displayed the height of negativity to me. Talk about safety first.

yorkshire 99-1 at lunch

Van Der Gugten gets Bairstow for a duck, but we’re not going to get eight wickets in the time left.

The declaration was far too late. Pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The declaration was far too late. Pathetic really.
    Except we'd probably have lost with an earlier declaration

4 down. A burst from neser now would really help

4 down. A burst from neser now would really help
    New ball due soon as well, all day long I’ve been thinking Yorkshire were surviving so comfortably that the timing of the declaration didn’t matter, but a couple more wickets and it will become relevant.

New ball due soon as well, all day long I’ve been thinking Yorkshire were surviving so comfortably that the timing of the declaration didn’t matter, but a couple more wickets and it will become relevant.
    I said neser but of course I meant mcllroy

I said neser but of course I meant mcllroy
    King pair for Bess.

They couldn’t could they

How many overs left?