+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

I read today that Michael Hogan holds a batting world record.
    380 games in his 14 year career and he was never out LBW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I read today that Michael Hogan holds a batting world record.
    380 games in his 14 year career and he was never out LBW.
    There was a Tweet last week of an advert for a pair of never been used Michael Hogan’s pads for sale.

Six players sign new contracts with Glamorgan.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/si...with-glamorgan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Six players sign new contracts with Glamorgan.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/si...with-glamorgan
    Hassan Azad and Harry Podmore likely incomers as well by all accounts - two good additions.

Given that Yorkshire will probably have a points deduction next season, Glamorgan could be favourites to win Div2 (subject to there being a Div2, and it may not get them promoted anyway!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Hassan Azad and Harry Podmore likely incomers as well by all accounts - two good additions.

Given that Yorkshire will probably have a points deduction next season, Glamorgan could be favourites to win Div2 (subject to there being a Div2, and it may not get them promoted anyway!).
    I'd been told by someone else that Podmore was a possibility - just looked him up on Wikipedia and he averages 18 with the bat (so, certainly not a mug) and an impressive under 27 with the ball. Don't think he's played a great deal for Kent in the last two seasons though which suggests he may have been struggling with injuries.

Azad is news to me though - he was Leicestershire's best batsman for a couple of seasons, but didn't have a great season in 2022 (or at least, he was not playing for Leicester towards the end of their four day programme. However, I'd say, based on his overall record, he'd be a good signing for us, although does it mean an end to the Lloyd opening experiment, just as he had managed a triple hundred in the role?

Fair enough

Only vaguely Glamorgan related, but Michael Balbirnie's Ireland are well on the way to beating the West Indies and qualifying for the Super 12 phase of the T20 World Cup - the West Indies, winners of the tournament quite recently, will fail to make it through.

If Scotland can beat Zimbabwe later this morning, they'll qualify as well.

Watched the end of the cricket, amazing game - the decisions of umpire Kohli made the difference in the end.

Decided to stay with this rather than switching to the derby yesterday (which sadly says it all about my enthusiasm for the city atm). Last over was madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Decided to stay with this rather than switching to the derby yesterday (which sadly says it all about my enthusiasm for the city atm). Last over was madness.
    That rule where you can run byes after someone’s been bowled off a free hit doesn’t seem fair.

That rule where you can run byes after someone’s been bowled off a free hit doesn’t seem fair.
    I can’t remember who did it a couple of years back. It might have been Buttler but whoever it was deliberately stood on his stumps on a free hit to mess up the bowlers length that really did seem unfair.

And this morning De Kock took his glove off to try and throw down the stumps and the ball bounced off him onto his discarded glove and 5 penalty runs plus an extra ball was the outcome.

It isn’t. The fact they could run 3 after being ‘bowled’ is nonsense. That plus I don’t recall ever seeing an umpire visibly intimidated by a player before, and I genuinely believe that happened yesterday with the no-ball.
    Last edited by Lord Worcester; 24-10-22 at 18:23. Reason: Grammar

England in a real struggle with Ireland at the moment. I’d say the Irish are.favourites.

Ireland win by Duckworth Lewis method, fully deserved from what I saw.

Shame for Ireland that the victory comes following a rain delay like that. Well deserved, although I do think had it gone the distance England would have just pipped it at the death with their line up, even after very much underperforming.

Good luck to them. Hoping we target a solid replacement for Hogan in the off season now.

Fantastic victory for Zimbabwe against Pakistan in the WC earlier today as well in a thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Good luck to them. Hoping we target a solid replacement for Hogan in the off season now.

Fantastic victory for Zimbabwe against Pakistan in the WC earlier today as well in a thriller.
    Really, I gave up on it after the Zimbabwe innings

Always good to see Australia go out of a tournament they’re hosting, England limped over the line mind.

Always good to see Australia go out of a tournament they’re hosting, England limped over the line mind.

Haven't watched a single game up until this morning as have little interest in the format but England as you say made hard work of it and if it wasn't for Stokes steadying the ship (again) they well have blown it it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Haven't watched a single game up until this morning as have little interest in the format but England as you say made hard work of it and if it wasn't for Stokes steadying the ship (again) they well have blown it it.
    Yes, England haven’t been that good so far apart from The New Zealand game - wouldn’t mind it all if he Kiwis won it.

Bit of a surprising one - Michael Hogan apparently not retiring after all... off to Kent on a two year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Bit of a surprising one - Michael Hogan apparently not retiring after all... off to Kent on a two year contract.
    That's disappointing to hear.