Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Glamorgan accounts 2022

£39,000 loss compared to £380,000 profit the year before

https://glamorgancricket.com/documen...ents-19195.pdf

Test Matches must bring in around £1m p/a
    Points of interest

Over 36,000 tickets were sold for our four home games ni 2022, of which 18% were sold to
    children, 4% sold to diverse communities, 29% to females, and 55% sold toUnder 45's. Importantly,
    64% of tickets were sold to buyers who had not visited Sophia Gardens previously. This
    demonstrates a new audience being attracted to cricket and potentially supporting other forms of
    the game in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Points of interest

Over 36,000 tickets were sold for our four home games ni 2022, of which 18% were sold to
    children, 4% sold to diverse communities, 29% to females, and 55% sold toUnder 45's. Importantly,
    64% of tickets were sold to buyers who had not visited Sophia Gardens previously. This
    demonstrates a new audience being attracted to cricket and potentially supporting other forms of
    the game in the future.
    is this todays cryptic clue ?

New season just around the corner. Mark Alleyne has been announced as Glamorgan's white ball head coach. Fantastic news! Out major problem in t20s has been the ridiculously conservative gameplan. A new coach with a better understanding of the game is a huge bonus

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    New season just around the corner. Mark Alleyne has been announced as Glamorgan's white ball head coach. Fantastic news! Out major problem in t20s has been the ridiculously conservative gameplan. A new coach with a better understanding of the game is a huge bonus
    Interesting appointment. Very good one day player and captain for Gloucestershire in his day. Still a Glos favourite.

On the face of it, Alleyne is an excellent appointment - he was an integral part of Gloucestershire’s domination of the one day game in the 90s.

Looks like the draft for the coming season’s Hundred is to be held tomorrow. Welsh Fire have a new coach in Mike Hussey and only five of last season’s squad is still with the club (it seems most chose to leave,rather than they were sacked).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65026190

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64661805

They look a lot stronger this year, even a glamorgan player selected

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    They look a lot stronger this year, even a glamorgan player selected
    Here’s the squad, plenty of pace (including probably the fastest bowler in the women’s game), would like to see more spinning options, but it does look a stronger squad - just hope Bairstow is available this time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64709074

Anyone wanting to watch live coverage of Glamorgan’s pre season game at Taunton can do so here - they’re between innings at the moment after Glamorgan declared at 283-5.

https://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/n...t-v-glamorgan/

Surprised that they were able to make a start at 3.30 today at Taunton. Somerset have just declared at 231-7 - there’s a not very good stream of the game on Somerset’s You Tube site.

First game of the season today. Was hoping Hogan would u turn on retirement. He has, but to sign for Kent. Gutted.

Looks like need to wait for next week for Labuschagne and Neser to join the squad.

Hopefully we ger off to a good start against Gloucester, although we always seem to struggle against them.

bbc sport saying all the proposed changes to county cricket are dead in the water , im not surprised really

2 balls. Followed by a tropical storm. Great start !

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    bbc sport saying all the proposed changes to county cricket are dead in the water , im not surprised really
    That's good news!

Glamorgan’s defeat by Cardiff University this week, albeit in a declaration game, has me feeling less optimistic thanI was about this season- play due to restart at 1.10.

Hover cover now broken down on the square and an early lunch taken!

I was on a sponsored walk last week to raise money for young cricketers, and was fortunate to spend a mile or two having a chat with Matthew Maynard who walked with us. I found him to be quite a humble chap. Was so nice to have a chat with someone who has been there and done it and while we are of a similar age, I must admit that he was a definitley a hero of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Hover cover now broken down on the square and an early lunch taken!

I was on a sponsored walk last week to raise money for young cricketers, and was fortunate to spend a mile or two having a chat with Matthew Maynard who walked with us. I found him to be quite a humble chap. Was so nice to have a chat with someone who has been there and done it and while we are of a similar age, I must admit that he was a definitley a hero of mine.
    Maynard would have done well playing Baz ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maynard would have done well playing Baz ball.

Most definitely.

15-1 off 13 overs, I thought it was going to be all Baz ball this season

First Glamorgan wicket for Podmore - second thoughts, that’s probably not true because he has been on loan to us before.

Hogan has 1 for Kent already. Frustrating morning at Glamorgan, the weather wasn't actually that bad. Just seemed to start raining again everytime they came on, and that bloody breakdown of the cover. Good tight spells from Podmore and Timm

Gloucestershire 71-2 at tea with Bracey giving it away with a poor shot off Lloyd in the last over before the break - Glamorgan’s attack looking very samey, Neser’s extra pace will be welcome in the next game.

Two quick wickets for Van Der Gugten after tea - 92-4.

100-5, another wicket for Van Der Gugten - GLoucestershire’s Australian opener Marcus Harris is still there with fifty odd and Bracey 33, no other batter has got past 3.

Glad to see Timm going well. Missed nearly all of last season so it's almost like having a new signing. Very talented bowler.

Harris bowled Harris, plus another one for Van Der Gugten - 108-7.