+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Gloucestershire recovered to some extent to reach 165 all out, five wickets for Van Der Gugten and a couple for Douthwaite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gloucestershire recovered to some extent to reach 165 all out, five wickets for Van Der Gugten and a couple for Douthwaite.
    Yes should have been dismissed for a lot less but now depends on Glammys I first innings response

Decent reply with Byrom and Carlsson going well with half centuries each and century partnership.

https://twitter.com/glamcricket/stat...QR3TCJcTUMRtvw

253-5 for 5, Carlson just over for 106, a great way to start for him after a disappointing time last year.

Any news on what's happened to Ingram?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Any news on what's happened to Ingram?
    Neck problem apparently.

Neck problem apparently.
    Thanks. That's a shame. Hopefully not too serious.

Watch out for the Price brothers for Glos. Two extremely talented young cricketers

352-7 Douthwaite just out having a slog. Ingram walking in to bat with Root closing in on a hundred.

400 runs and full bonus points, great start. Maybe a bit too early to look at other sides, but Leicester only 5 down first innings against Yorkshire, hopefully they can hold Yorkshire to a draw

400 runs and full bonus points, great start. Maybe a bit too early to look at other sides, but Leicester only 5 down first innings against Yorkshire, hopefully they can hold Yorkshire to a draw
    No, we’re one short when it comes to batting points - you don’t get your first batting point until 250 this season, so you need to score 450 in one hundred and ten overs to get the full five bonus points.

No, we’re one short when it comes to batting points - you don’t get your first batting point until 250 this season, so you need to score 450 in one hundred and ten overs to get the full five bonus points.
    That change had completely passed me by. Not sure I like that. Going to be hard for many sides to get full points at grounds like Sophia. Another made for Somerset and Surrey rule .

That change had completely passed me by. Not sure I like that. Going to be hard for many sides to get full points at grounds like Sophia. Another made for Somerset and Surrey rule .
    I was listening toMark Butcher on a podcast this week saying they should just do away with bonus points - he won me around to his way of thinking.

Gloucestershire making a good fist of it.

I was listening toMark Butcher on a podcast this week saying they should just do away with bonus points - he won me around to his way of thinking.
    Could definitely see the attraction in that. Will have a listen to the podcast! If they were going to change the points for more attacking cricket I'd have rather seen the scores stay the same, but lower the overs to 95/100. On bowler friendly pitches 200 can be a decent score, especially at the start and end of season, where the 4 day format is increasingly being pushed.

Hammond batting now, now that’s ominous from a Gloucestershire batting point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hammond batting now, now that’s ominous from a Gloucestershire batting point of view.
    The Wally’s out - 346-4

Gloucestershire effectively 134-5 with play currently suspended - all four results possible.

looks like a draw now

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    looks like a draw now
    Or a Gloucestershire win, Glamorgan 35-2 after a declaration with them 300 behind. A normal Cardiff wicket that gets very batsman friendly as the game goes on, but Glamorgan’s second innings bowling was very ordinary.

Make that 38-3

doing our best to throw this game away

what's the opposite of streetwise? 'cos that's what this lot are!

Please don't bugger this up! Need a good partnership after tea to settle the nerves

Byrom and Rootcomfortably bat out for the draw - meanwhile, Leicestershire, chasing 380odd at Headingley look like they’re going to beat Yorkshire.

Very much a City at London Rd performance.