+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Podmore’s career record is good, but he’s had serious injury problems in recent years and his signing has to be seen as a risk. I presumed the speed gun or whatever they call it was not working properly because it was only showing around 72mph when he opened the bowling against Gloucestershire, it was the same against Durham this time accompanied by no balls and a run rate against him of about five an over.

McIlroy often doesn’t go for many runs per over, but, to me, he never suggests he’s going to run through a team or even take the odd wicket or two. Going back to 70 mph opening bowlers, Glamorgan’s left armer Malcolm Nash got pretty close to the England team back in the seventies because he was able to bowl an inswinger to right handers which made him devastating when the ball was swinging, Graham Wagg had the same gift to a lesser extent, but I’ve not seen much sign of it from McIlroy, although, to be fair, I’ve not seen a great deal of him.
    Didn't realise he'd struggled with injuries, maybe that's behind his reluctance to bust a gut in the field. Could certainly do with him regaining his old form.

Haven't seen a huge amount of McIlroy myself either. Was pretty impressed with him towards the back end of last season mind, did wonder if this would be his breakout season.

Nice to see Neser get himself a wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Didn't realise he'd struggled with injuries, maybe that's behind his reluctance to bust a gut in the field. Could certainly do with him regaining his old form.

Haven't seen a huge amount of McIlroy myself either. Was pretty impressed with him towards the back end of last season mind, did wonder if this would be his breakout season.

Nice to see Neser get himself a wicket.
    Funny thing was that about ten minutes after typing what I did about McIlroy, I watched Glamorgan for a while and the second ball I saw him bowl was left by Handscombe and it came back so much that the commentators were saying it bounced over the stumps. So, it seems he has got the sort of ball I was talking about in his repertoire- if he could produce them more often,then he becomes much more of a threat.

Apologies for the daily mail link. But it looks like an end may be in sight for the Moronic 100 ball format. With preliminary talks about changing it into a T20 format. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...T20-event.html

Apologies for the daily mail link. But it looks like an end may be in sight for the Moronic 100 ball format. With preliminary talks about changing it into a T20 format. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...T20-event.html
    Good news, I don't see why the audience which has been attracted by the hundred ball format would be turned off by one where each side bowls an extra twenty balls.

Good news, I don't see why the audience which has been attracted by the hundred ball format would be turned off by one where each side bowls an extra twenty balls.
    Same here. Seemed like such an unnecessary addition considering the popularity of T20 all around the world. I've always wondered how much pressure the ECB have put on the small nations to play this format when they tour over here. Glad that the rest of cricket has held firm against it

Same here. Seemed like such an unnecessary addition considering the popularity of T20 all around the world. I've always wondered how much pressure the ECB have put on the small nations to play this format when they tour over here. Glad that the rest of cricket has held firm against it
    The Hundred has been a decent addition to the women's game, but has added nothing to the mens game other than to put some cricket on terrestrial TV.
    If the men's version is ditched then it's an opportunity to revamp the county T20 and improve the 50 over game too.

thankfully i cant stand it

Haven't read the link (for obvious reasons) but this is good news.
    I have never seen the need, apart from financial, to add another format to the already saturated game.

Strauss has just left the ECB, too. Seems big.

I hope it is over.

chasing 407 lloyd gone first over

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    chasing 407 lloyd gone first over
    120-1, now 150-5. bloody hell

156-5 is pretty poor.

This season isn't shaping up well. As often happens, you don't realise how important a team member is until they're gone - Hogan's really being missed.

Glamorgan have recovered to 301-7, but have taken 106 overs to do it, so they won’t be getting another bonus point.

Good. Stupid idea trying to introduce a fourth format, and no-one else in the world plays it.

Glamorgan have recovered to 301-7, but have taken 106 overs to do it, so they won’t be getting another bonus point.
    Been a slow start to the season. Though they miss the bonus points at least they’re closer to drawing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Good. Stupid idea trying to introduce a fourth format, and no-one else in the world plays it.
    Agree, though I do have friends down in Hampshire who love it!

Great partnership by cooke and Neser. From a position of hoping for a draw, now all 3 results are firmly on the table

376-7 at tea, the stand between Cooke and Neser now past 150.

A century for Cooke, Neser 89 not out and Glamorgan in front - 200 partnership and we’re 425-7.

Record ninth wicket partnership for Glamorgan now - beating a ninety five year old County record.

Neser bowled by a ball which kept very low for 90 - maybe what has looked like a really docile wicket is beginning to show signs of wear?

Bloody hell. Went out after watching 5he mornings play. Just checked to see we’ve got a first innings lead. After a season watching the City I was half expecting to see that we’d had to follow on and been skittled in the 2nd innings. So very pleased to see its heading for a bore draw on day 4(probably)!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    +1

Match drawn. Glamorgan got a lead of sixty odd and then Leicestershire scored 240 - 3 before declaring. Glamorgan we’re the second quickest run scorers behind Notts out of the eighteen counties in the Championship last season, but Leicestershire scored their runs at a much quicker pace than us in this game - the pitch was the winner in the end though.