+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Sounds like an excellent win under tricky circumstances

Talking of bowlers, Carlson’s probably having his best season since the days when he first appeared in the team.

Tough game tonight against Surrey. Byrom out, so looks like on of :ul Hasan, Taylor or gorvin will replace him. Interested who will join northeast to open. Must be a temptation to keep Carlson,Ingram and Cooke as 3,4 and 5 considering how well they are doing. Wouldn't mind seeing Douthwaite or root given a go at opening, or maybe ul Hasan considering he did well opening in the championship . A win tonight would set us up fantastically !

Going to the game on Friday night. Hopefully we will get a good gate of 6000 plus.

Frustratingly this is the 2nd time abbots been released back to Surrey without Neser being released back to us. Bloody Aussies!

we're getting battered at home right now Surrey 91/0 after 9, 250 coming ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    we're getting battered at home right now Surrey 91/0 after 9, 250 coming ☹️
    Well within our capabilities these days

Douthwaite injured - Glamorgan players are dropping like flies.

definitely gonna watch the footie rather than this debacle! woeful bowling and fielding.

Chasing 237 to win!

Poor show, but these things happen I suppose. Still won 4 out of 6 to start the tournament.

Awful innings from northeast in the circumstances, but hopefully the green shoots of a return to form for him.

A very poor night for Glamorgan who picked up yet another injury and then they learned Essex and Hampshire had won. If there is a positive note to come from the results of the last two nights, it's that Middlesex already look out of the running and they're likely to be joined soon by Kent and Sussex, so it's boiling down to four from five to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very poor night for Glamorgan who picked up yet another injury and then they learned Essex and Hampshire had won. If there is a positive note to come from the results of the last two nights, it's that Middlesex already look out of the running and they're likely to be joined soon by Kent and Sussex, so it's boiling down to four from five to go through.
    Was disappointed Middlesex failed to win from a great position (again) against Hampshire on tuesday. They can certainly do is a favour by putting Sussex out of contention tonight. Hopefully some of our injured players are back soon !!

Haven't looked at the table since goodness knows when....decades....
    Won ONE and drawn FIVE........piss poor if you ask me.....and yes I was at St Helens. for Sobers's six sixes....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Haven't looked at the table since goodness knows when....decades....
    Won ONE and drawn FIVE........piss poor if you ask me.....and yes I was at St Helens. for Sobers's six sixes....
    Lost none and very much in the promotion hunt. Won four and lost two in T20 which is excellent given the number of absentees.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lost none and very much in the promotion hunt. Won four and lost two in T20 which is excellent given the number of absentees.
    Sorry, but the fact they have not lost is just bollocks....

Better then having 36 runs battered off one of your bowlers in a County Championship match though, that’s like saying the City are poor nowadays but I was there for the 0-5 at home to Maidstone

It isn’t bollox if you get no points for a defeat and five points for a draw - it’s very rare for teams to declare and set a target these days, you have to bowl the opposition twice to win a game.

Middlesex lose by 4 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Middlesex lose by 4 runs
    They're having an unbelievably frustrating season. None from 8, but most of their games seem to have been pretty close finishes, or games they were in a position to win at 1 stage.

Van der gugten back in the squad. Great news !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Van der gugten back in the squad. Great news !!
    very much needed back to back games with essex coming up and durham in the middle in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    very much needed back to back games with essex coming up and durham in the middle in the championship
    I hope that the article I read about Glamorgan looking to get an overseas replacement in to replace Neser in time for the Durham game is more than mere speculation - that’d be a very tough game with Labuschagne and Neser available.

Absolutely pathetic captaincy. Got away with an over from himself and an over from ul Hasan. That's the time to go back to the main men. Instead he bowls ul Hasan again, and then completely ridiculously brings himself back for an over. Ridiculous. 2 decisions that have probably lost us the game

farcical and yes Carlson is a clown!