+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Good all round performance, bowlers especially.

We’re second currently, but Sussex look well placed to beat Leicestershire and Durham at the top should beat Yorkshire, so we can’t really afford to lose at Hove next week.

Good win today, Van Der Gugten must be in the top three wicket takers in the country.

Maybe I spoke too soon about Durham winning, a bit of a clatter of wickets and they need 92 with 5 wickets left - make that four.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I spoke too soon about Durham winning, a bit of a clatter of wickets and they need 92 with 5 wickets left - make that four.
    Need 33 with 2 wickets left when they restart tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Need 33 with 2 wickets left when they restart tomorrow
    Yes, I’ll have a look at that in the morning. Not sure what would be the best outcome for Glamorgan.

Yes, I’ll have a look at that in the morning. Not sure what would be the best outcome for Glamorgan.
    A draw ideally but seems unlikely. Ha.

Otherwise there's positives (and negatives) to whoever wins.

A draw ideally but seems unlikely. Ha.

Otherwise there's positives (and negatives) to whoever wins.
    Durham win by one wicket.

Durham win by one wicket.
    Glamorgan in 2nd place currently in the league. Sussex and Leicestershire still playing out mind and both will probably go above us if it ends in a draw. Very tight though.

Glamorgan in 2nd place currently in the league. Sussex and Leicestershire still playing out mind and both will probably go above us if it ends in a draw. Very tight though.
    The game is definitely headed for a draw, so I make it Sussex will be five points in front of us and Leicestershire one.

Looks like the game at Hove might be the last one we'll see Nesser & Labuschagne together for Glammy

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/65584414

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Looks like the game at Hove might be the last one we'll see Nesser & Labuschagne together for Glammy

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/65584414
    As well as his bowling, Neser has a ninety and an eighty in his last two games, I’d be amazed if Australia don’t call him up - maybe one of the contingencies mentioned as a Pakistani bowler because I think their international calendar is clear for a while. Colin Ingram did better than Labuschagne last season, but I think that was, almost certainly, a one off - still, you’d like to think he can do a decent job for us.

Glamorgan batting at Sussex with Zain Ul Hassan facing Ollie Robinson on his debut - Ul Hassan was previously at Worcestershire and is playing because David Lloyd is injured.

awful morning 65 for 6

Good mood rapidly disappeared on checking the cricket scores 🤬

James Harris helped the last two wickets add 40 to the lunch score of 83-8, but is that a sign that conditions are easing?

could be one of them games , 89 for 3 so far

Another awful day at Sussex. I see their tail end batsmen are hitting us all over the place. Something we have suffered with most of this season.
    Sussex already have a commanding lead and look poised for an innings win but Hudson P (batting 8) looks like he may be heading for another big innings
    Last edited by DubaiDai; 19-05-23 at 14:46. Reason: Wrong name

Glamorgan making a better fist of it in their second innings even if they’re still 240 behind - 118-1 with debutante Ul Hassan 40 not out.

Glamorgan making a better fist of it in their second innings even if they’re still 240 behind - 118-1 with debutante Ul Hassan 40 not out.
    Important to make this difficult for Sussex, and not completely lose the momentum of a decent start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Important to make this difficult for Sussex, and not completely lose the momentum of a decent start to the season.
    could be all over by lunch

223-3 at lunch, still 135 to get for Sussex to have to bat again, but, after losing two wickets in two balls early on, Labuschagne and Carlson have put on exactly a hundred.

223-3 at lunch, still 135 to get for Sussex to have to bat again, but, after losing two wickets in two balls early on, Labuschagne and Carlson have put on exactly a hundred.
    Definitely showing fight if nothing else.

271/3 but still 87 behind. With 5 sessions still left we need over 600 to have any chance of not losing? Even then that's probably not enough with a 1st innings deficit of 350!

Definitely showing fight if nothing else.

271/3 but still 87 behind. With 5 sessions still left we need over 600 to have any chance of not losing? Even then that's probably not enough with a 1st innings deficit of 350!
    Like so many pitches these days, it looks like the first morning was the best time to bowl on it, you don’t tend to get the wear and tear on pitches these days which used to see spinners coming into their own on the last day.

Glamorgan shown as 307-5 on Twitter, but it’s actually 310-3 with Carlson having reached his third hundred of the season,

369-3, Glamorgan 11 in front - Labuschagne past a hundred as well.