+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Great by Timm. Provided the oomph that would have turned what looked like a 170 odd into a 190 odd score and given us a chance. Unfortunately Callum Taylor has sabotaged us from the other end and pushed us back down to 175. Beyond pathetic. I don't think I've seen Taylor hit a powerful shot at all in any of his innings. Seems to struggle to get the ball off the square

McIlroy on a hatrick. Great start

Hatzoglou and Ul Hassan are a joke. my missus with a tennis ball is more scary. professional cricketers? you're having a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Hatzoglou and Ul Hassan are a joke. my missus with a tennis ball is more scary. professional cricketers? you're having a laugh!
    Totally agree
    I think if ul Hasan was playing in the top 6(even opening) he'd be useful. Unfortunately we seem to be playing him as a bowler, a discipline at which he appears to be utterly horrendous.

Don't think Ul Hassan has taken a wicket for the first team yet, but he'd be the sixth or seventh choice bowler at other sides. He's not the problem (he's done well as a batsman in the four day stuff) though, he just illustrates that our bowling is very lightweight without Neser and Hogan - injuries aren't helping, but sides are routinely scoring at ten an over plus against us lately.

it's not like the Ashes has come out of the blue! someone in the Glammy management has seriously messed up to have this situation of bowler shortages which are resulting in high scores in red and white ball. no balance in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    it's not like the Ashes has come out of the blue! someone in the Glammy management has seriously messed up to have this situation of bowler shortages which are resulting in high scores in red and white ball. no balance in the team.
    Especially when you think we have a bloke in salter, who has proved himself to be a very solid T20 performer over a period of nearly 10 years. We don't have the luxury of Alleyne deciding his face doesn't fit. Absolutely criminal that he's not getting picked.

Kent beat Gloucester. Not a bad result for us. Puts them level on points with us but they've played an extra game. If we beat Gloucester tomorrow it would make it very hard to qualify, and hopefully take us level on points with Hampshire(who are away to top of the league Surrey)

Carlson out cheaply. Game over for Glamorgan. Another pathetic team selection, means we now have hardly any batsman in the side. Maybe Maynard should pick the side, but Alleyne should coach !

Too many players out. No Ingram,Byrom, Douthwaite or Lloyd. Neser with Australia.
    Disappointing Neser hasn’t been replaced. We will do well to win this. Having said that opening with Sisodiya was absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Too many players out. No Ingram,Byrom, Douthwaite or Lloyd. Neser with Australia.
    Disappointing Neser hasn’t been replaced. We will do well to win this. Having said that opening with Sisodiya was absurd.
    crazy whoever thought of that

Brilliant from Timm again. Felt sorry for Sam, another dodgy innings, but certainly not through a lack of intent . He just can't seem to time the ball, nice to see him salvage it today with some very good late blows . We certainly have enough bowling options today, come on glammy!!

Gloucs need 37 run from 3 balls!

Glamorgan win.

Glamorgan win by 32 runs

Good win, but Essex also win and Hampshire hammer Surrey.

All things considered that was a very good win but as Paul says results elsewhere have done us no favours. We really need Ingram back for Tuesday night v Surrey.

Cam Fletcher as reserve overseas . 30yrs old, No international experience, but averages 35 at a healthy strike rate in domestic T20. Sounds like he could be a more than useful player.

i think bowling is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i think bowling is the problem
    With Ingram out batting was looking a bit light aswell. Although Bevan back from injury aswell helps us out there. As long as he picks 5 bowlers the attack looks better, hopefully the 4 bowler experiment is over and done with now. Could certainly do with a Michael Hogan or neser

Think we can forget about tonight’s game, Surrey 218-4 with an over left.

Humiliating.

Thank god for that slightly quieter spell when the Curran's were first in. We'd have been looking at 300 otherwise.

Will be a hell of a game if we win !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Cam Fletcher as reserve overseas . 30yrs old, No international experience, but averages 35 at a healthy strike rate in domestic T20. Sounds like he could be a more than useful player.
    He can keep wicket aswell.
    We need a bowling attack though that doesn't concede 200+ more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He can keep wicket aswell.
    We need a bowling attack though that doesn't concede 200+ more often than not.
    Very true. Shocking bowling performance.

I like the look of this smale mind. Don't care how many he scores tonight, the intent he's showing is fantastic

238-5 suggests to me that it’s a good batting wicket. Having won the toss, why did the captain elect to field.?