+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Unbelievable partnership from Carlson and Labuschagne. Still work to do, but brilliant so far

499-5 at the close, a lead of 141-5,Carlson 187 not out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fantastic response from Glamorgan even if we go onto lose which is likely tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Fantastic response from Glamorgan even if we go onto lose which is likely tomorrow.
    Over by lunch my foot!

As everyone else said we will still probably lose and Sussex still big favourites but fantastic to see this from carlson.

We still need another 200 runs or so not to lose I'd say.

Yep agree with the above. We need to bat for at least 1.5 sessions to make the game safe. Not impossible but plenty of batting still to do.

Paid my first ever visit to Hove yesterday. Plenty of other Glammy supporters among a decent Saturday crowd. Extraordinary effort to get to 499 for 5 by close but, as others have said, still a lot of work to do to get to safety. Sussex seemed to play as though the game had got away from them for a large part of the day, although that was far from true.

Back watching the stream today. Carlson and Cook gone and the lead is up to 222, which would be around 3 an over to chase. Still think they need to bat at least half an hour after lunch.

Nick Webb on commentary has just pointed out it is now Glamorgan's best 2nd innings ever.

581/7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    Paid my first ever visit to Hove yesterday. Plenty of other Glammy supporters among a decent Saturday crowd. Extraordinary effort to get to 499 for 5 by close but, as others have said, still a lot of work to do to get to safety. Sussex seemed to play as though the game had got away from them for a large part of the day, although that was far from true.

Back watching the stream today. Carlson and Cook gone and the lead is up to 222, which would be around 3 an over to chase. Still think they need to bat at least half an hour after lunch.

Nick Webb on commentary has just pointed out it is now Glamorgan's best 2nd innings ever.

581/7
    Yes would be astonishing to score over 600 and our highest ever 2nd innings total and still lose! Lots of work left to do though as you say as it's only 3 an over required currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post

581/7
    My first visit also and what a day it was! Labuschagne and Carlson were outstanding. As well as the Glammy fans I noticed there were quite a few Aussies. I see we got to lunch with still a bit of the tail to wag. A bit more to do but looks more promising than could imagined after the first two days. Only sorry that Carlson didn't get a double hundred.

Great for those who were there to watch yesterday.

Neser past 50 again, but Van Der Gugten’s just gone - 623-8 , the lead’s 265.

689-9, hope Neser gets a well deserved hundred, he’s currently on 90.

689-9, hope Neser gets a well deserved hundred, he’s currently on 90.
    335 in front. 1 wicket left. Could be a 1 day style chase?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    335 in front. 1 wicket left. Could be a 1 day style chase?
    No, 703-9, Neser goes to hundred with a four then a six off Steve Smith.

well done neser quick drink then bowl them out

The largest difference between a team first and second innings in Test Cricket is I think 550.
    I don't know what the overall first class record is, but we're now at 601.

Glam’s second highest score ever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    My first visit also and what a day it was! Labuschagne and Carlson were outstanding. As well as the Glammy fans I noticed there were quite a few Aussies. I see we got to lunch with still a bit of the tail to wag. A bit more to do but looks more promising than could imagined after the first two days. Only sorry that Carlson didn't get a double hundred.
    Wonderful that there are so many true Glammy supporters on here.

The greatest sport.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    well done neser quick drink then bowl them out
    I'm starting to think the win is slipping away. If only they'd declared a few overs before tea it might have been on. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm starting to think the win is slipping away. If only they'd declared a few overs before tea it might have been on. Oh well....
    Not sure why they didn't have a bowl at Sussex for 45 overs or so. Nothing to lose at that point and the home side would have been exhausted after 2 days in the field and possibly only 9 players fit to bat.

Is there any way the title of this thread can be changed to Glamorgan????

Sussex faced an over by Labuschagne and the game was drawn with them at 1-0.

It might have been one of those awful pitches which gets slower and lower as the game goes on, but it was still a superb effort by Glamorgan to save a game which looked all over at Tea on the first day - the draw means they take seven points and not the paltry two it looked like they were going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    No.

Personally I'd like a glamorgan season by season one though. Wonder if all this will ever be turned into a book?

Sussex faced an over by Labuschagne and the game was drawn with them at 1-0.

It might have been one of those awful pitches which gets slower and lower as the game goes on, but it was still a superb effort by Glamorgan to save a game which looked all over at Tea on the first day - the draw means they take seven points and not the paltry two it looked like they were going to get.
    Also crucially stopped Sussex getting the win.

Durham seem to be running away with top spot with 4 wins already but we still within a win of 2nd spot.

If someone would have told me glamorgan would play 6 championship games and be undefeated I would assume it must have been a hell of a wet summer! However it really hasn't and to be undefeated after 6 games is very impressive considering how weak we have been for 15 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Also crucially stopped Sussex getting the win.

Durham seem to be running away with top spot with 4 wins already but we still within a win of 2nd spot.

If someone would have told me glamorgan would play 6 championship games and be undefeated I would assume it must have been a hell of a wet summer! However it really hasn't and to be undefeated after 6 games is very impressive considering how weak we have been for 15 years or so.
    Think we might have to accept that we won’t see our two Australians again this season - Neser’s done just about all he can to force his way into the Aussie squad.