+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Signed Peter Hatzoglu as Nesers replacement. Bit surprised we didn't try and get another batter in. Will be interested to watch Hatzoglu live. On TV he appears to be an absolute clown who can't bowl for toffee, but batsman seem to get caught up in his circus act and lose their wickets. Hopefully he takes a few for us

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Signed Peter Hatzoglu as Nesers replacement. Bit surprised we didn't try and get another batter in. Will be interested to watch Hatzoglu live. On TV he appears to be an absolute clown who can't bowl for toffee, but batsman seem to get caught up in his circus act and lose their wickets. Hopefully he takes a few for us
    That's not a bad average in T20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hatzoglou

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's not a bad average in T20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hatzoglou
    He does seem to take wickets to be fair to him. His grunting and theatrics are a bit annoying to say the least mind. I always wonder how many batsmen wish they'd just relaxed and played the ball, rather than getting caught up in his one man show.

Byrom was going well then a rather dull reverse sweep

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Byrom was going well then a rather dull reverse sweep
    Rot set in after that. Going well. Why the need to try that nonsense?

That was frankly a pitiful batting performance and made Glammy look very amateur. Was going to go to the Oval in June but based on that won't bother. Could be a 10 wicket defeat coming tonight.

When you consider that our new spinner went all around the park (albeit on a small ground), tharpt looked like one of the weakest teams Glamorous have put out in T20 in recent years - especially when you consider Van Der Gugten didn’t play. I think some realism is needed when it comes to a competition we’ve been poor in lately. A plus point has been seven wickets for Douthwaite in two games, he’s looking a much improved one day bowler and McIlroy is shaping up pretty well also.

Poor result, although I don't think we were a million miles off performance wise. Byrom and Carlson were looking so good, but seemed to feel a level of pressure that shouldn't of been there. Both got out playing pretty desperate shots after being bogged down for a couple of overs. Bit we were actually in a decent position so not sure why they panicked.

Can't really blame Cooke and Ingram for the way they got out. Both shots looked like 6 off the bat, just slightly mistimed.

Would like to see Douthwaite higher up the order. He'll fail more often than not, but at least give him the opportunity to go big. He's probably our biggest hitter so may aswell give him a chance.

Agree with Bob that it's a pretty thin squad. Although if Nesers replacement had been a batsman, or spinning all-rounder that would have made it look a lot stronger.

Think we've got a chance. But it's going to need Carlson to keep his form up and for Sam Northeast start scoring runs.

Ingram andCooke whacking Middlesex all over the place- 191-3 with two overs left.

211-3 with an over left - Ingram 91, Cooke 88 on a small ground.

Cooke reaches his hundred off 38 balls!

Ingram andCooke whacking Middlesex all over the place- 191-3 with two overs left.

211-3 with an over left - Ingram 91, Cooke 88 on a small ground.
    This is impressive. Glam once a year go bananas innings

238-3 off twenty overs, Ingram 92 and Cooke 113.

More than 100 runs came in the last 5 overs - incredible striking of the ball , in particular by Cooke

I don’t think 238 is going to enough

Doesn’t look like it, it’s a tiny ground. Didn’t see the start of Glamorgan’s innings but they obviously got off to way too slow a start!

Oh glammy glammy

Middlesex need forty three off the last over.

A win by twenty nine runs.

Great win, once they took the first 2 wickets there was only one winner, didn’t panic at 140 odd for no wicket either

Ye of little faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ye of little faith!
    Yeah, my bottle had gone after ten overs of the Middlesex innings.

What were the answers to that quiz you did Eric?

I first saw Chris Cooke play for Glammy in a T20 game at The Gardens on a glorious summer evening in or around 2010.It was his debut v Middlesex and he hit three successive sixes.I remember thinking blimey this guy can play. He had been terrific for us since and today was just phenomenal. Well deserved

Glamorgan chasing 190 to win v Kent in Cardiff

Unbelievable chase. Really shows the difference Alleyne has made . We attacked from ball 1 and never stopped. Players have freedom to play shots and they are embracing it. Cooke is back to his old self of years ago. Ingram is on fire and the rest of the batsman are going out with intent. Thought Byrom was fantastic up top and Carlson looked on for a big score before that ridiculous catch, one of the best catches I've seen.
    3 wins from 4 to start the season , bloody brilliant!!

Only 1 criticism, and it is a massive one but very fixable. Balance of side is shocking. To pick a bloke in Ul Hasan who can't bowl to save his life, then require him to bowl a full 4 overs could have easily cost us there. Hopefully there's another bowler in the side next game.

Unbelievable chase. Really shows the difference Alleyne has made . We attacked from ball 1 and never stopped. Players have freedom to play shots and they are embracing it. Cooke is back to his old self of years ago. Ingram is on fire and the rest of the batsman are going out with intent. Thought Byrom was fantastic up top and Carlson looked on for a big score before that ridiculous catch, one of the best catches I've seen.

Only 1 criticism, and it is a massive one but very fixable. Balance of side is shocking. To pick a bloke in Ul Hasan who can't bowl to save his life, then require him to bowl a full 4 overs could have easily cost us there. Hopefully there's another bowler in the side next game.
    Agree with everything you’ve said above. Ingram and Cooke made that look easy when it certainly wasn’t

It’s rare for Glammy to chase down such a large score with such ease. At Cardiff 189 is very much a top end score but they won so comfortably. Fair play to Ingram. I thought he was finished two seasons ago but he really is back to his best. Cooke has always been a high class batsman. He averages just under 40 in first class cricket. He and Ingram have now put on almost 300 undefeated runs in the past two games at something mad like 15 runs an over.

great win but you're right about the bowling and our loan leg spinner is also a bit random and erratic. exciting game towatch.