+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Carlson provides some much needed acceleration with 59 off 50 balls, Glamorgan 221-4 with Northeast on 61, so 260 on with my concern being that it’s looking an increasingly easy pitch to defend on.
    Seems like a high proportion of lbw and bowled this match, maybe the difference in ball has something to do with it. Very healthy lead of 285, with Northeast and Cooke at the crease we're in a good position to push on from here.

Mind you...the commentators are pretty woeful....

Not watched Glamorgan ccc in decades...since the days of Gilbert Parkhouse/Jim Pressdee et al!! But have been this afternoon...actually really good to watch a good tactical match instead of headlining test matches!

Ned to throw the bat a bit.......and get Sussex in for 20 overs....w

Just get them in. How safe do you need to be?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ve-experiences

This is a bit ambiguous for me. This report and the Yorkshire findings are disturbing. But I always thought that Maynard was a far more talented cricketer than Ramprakash but he got more opportunities to recover from poor performances than Maynard ever did at test level.

Probably more geographical than racial bias on my part. Though Ramprakash sort of down playing the findings of the report because he managed to become President of Middlesex and Director of Cricket at Harrow Public School didn't necessarily make him representative of anyone who fell through the cracks!

Giving it a decent go

205-7 at tea, four wickets to Swepson. After blocking throughout their first innings and for the first half of their second one, Sussex are not batting as if they’re trying to win the game.

Possibly managing to throw the win away

Hell of a partnership this

2nd time this season we failed to take the last wicket, had plenty of overs to do it in too!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    2nd time this season we failed to take the last wicket, had plenty of overs to do it in too!
    Shocking. Glamorgan have thrown yet another winning opportunity

A very good last wicket partnership, fifteen overs lost in the morning session and yet another dead Cardiff pitch combine to deny Glamorgan - the Kookaburra ball didn’t help either, hope we don’t see it again in the county Championship after the two game experiment with it ends.

Big points to drop , with Sussex being 10 points in front of us. At 9 down I thought it was an absolute certainty. Great performance by Glamorgan, just couldn't quite see it through

21 overs to get that last wicket - so frustrating

Needed Neser

I think Sussex will be heading back feeling pretty happy. Down and out in the T20 before we gave them a win, followed by a great escape. We've played really well, but let ourselves down to a large extent. Still all to play for 4 day wise, unfortunately Yorkshire are starting to creep into the mix aswell though, with a game in hand aswell.

dead ball and dead pitch and disappointing result.

So disappointing after a really solid performance for most of 4 days. When they got 9 didn’t dream they wouldn’t convert. But still all to pay for, but boy do they need a win.

15 overs lost because of rain so why did they stop the game at 6.05

Glammy getting hit all over the park in tonight's match v Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Glammy getting hit all over the park in tonight's match v Hampshire.
    Sisodiya?

Fairplay to both teams for getting a game on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Fairplay to both teams for getting a game on.
    impossible target as a result of sloppy bowling.