+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Chasing 237 to win!

Poor show, but these things happen I suppose. Still won 4 out of 6 to start the tournament.

Awful innings from northeast in the circumstances, but hopefully the green shoots of a return to form for him.

A very poor night for Glamorgan who picked up yet another injury and then they learned Essex and Hampshire had won. If there is a positive note to come from the results of the last two nights, it's that Middlesex already look out of the running and they're likely to be joined soon by Kent and Sussex, so it's boiling down to four from five to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very poor night for Glamorgan who picked up yet another injury and then they learned Essex and Hampshire had won. If there is a positive note to come from the results of the last two nights, it's that Middlesex already look out of the running and they're likely to be joined soon by Kent and Sussex, so it's boiling down to four from five to go through.
    Was disappointed Middlesex failed to win from a great position (again) against Hampshire on tuesday. They can certainly do is a favour by putting Sussex out of contention tonight. Hopefully some of our injured players are back soon !!

Haven't looked at the table since goodness knows when....decades....
    Won ONE and drawn FIVE........piss poor if you ask me.....and yes I was at St Helens. for Sobers's six sixes....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Haven't looked at the table since goodness knows when....decades....
    Won ONE and drawn FIVE........piss poor if you ask me.....and yes I was at St Helens. for Sobers's six sixes....
    Lost none and very much in the promotion hunt. Won four and lost two in T20 which is excellent given the number of absentees.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lost none and very much in the promotion hunt. Won four and lost two in T20 which is excellent given the number of absentees.
    Sorry, but the fact they have not lost is just bollocks....

Better then having 36 runs battered off one of your bowlers in a County Championship match though, that’s like saying the City are poor nowadays but I was there for the 0-5 at home to Maidstone

It isn’t bollox if you get no points for a defeat and five points for a draw - it’s very rare for teams to declare and set a target these days, you have to bowl the opposition twice to win a game.

Middlesex lose by 4 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Middlesex lose by 4 runs
    They're having an unbelievably frustrating season. None from 8, but most of their games seem to have been pretty close finishes, or games they were in a position to win at 1 stage.

Van der gugten back in the squad. Great news !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Van der gugten back in the squad. Great news !!
    very much needed back to back games with essex coming up and durham in the middle in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    very much needed back to back games with essex coming up and durham in the middle in the championship
    I hope that the article I read about Glamorgan looking to get an overseas replacement in to replace Neser in time for the Durham game is more than mere speculation - that’d be a very tough game with Labuschagne and Neser available.

Absolutely pathetic captaincy. Got away with an over from himself and an over from ul Hasan. That's the time to go back to the main men. Instead he bowls ul Hasan again, and then completely ridiculously brings himself back for an over. Ridiculous. 2 decisions that have probably lost us the game

farcical and yes Carlson is a clown!

I may have been slightly harsh on him. Didn't realise Alleyne had sent us into a game with 4 bowlers. Is it asking too much to have a T20 coach who isn't a complete moron when it comes to the game. So frustrating!

Carlson out with a dull shot

I may have been slightly harsh on him. Didn't realise Alleyne had sent us into a game with 4 bowlers. Is it asking too much to have a T20 coach who isn't a complete moron when it comes to the game. So frustrating!
    Have they got five fit bowlers?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Have they got five fit bowlers?
    There's the 2 Andys . Gorvin was on as a sub and salter isn't being picked. Also though Prem was in the squad, but not picked

There's the 2 Andys . Gorvin was on as a sub and salter isn't being picked. Also though Prem was in the squad, but not picked
    Just got home ,Van Der Gugten went for 64 off 4 overs !!! Once Cooke and Ingram got out it was all over . Almost like having our tail start at 5 as no big hitters and score always felt about 30 too many

An enjoyable evening at the Gardens. A good sized crowd.
    Very similar to Surrey. Our bowling is very weak and we rely far too much on Ingram and Cooke in the batting.
    I thought Carlson’s field placings were very poor especially when Pepper repeatedly reverse hit the bowlers with no one standing far enough back.
    TVG had a nightmare.

Better bowlers/bowling would've kept the score around 190-200, then we might have had a chance. The collapse from overs 12/13 just shows how reliant we've been on 3 or 4 players recently.

Looking at our squad, we’ll have done extremely well if we’re still unbeaten in four day cricket come Thursday.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...against-durham

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    An enjoyable evening at the Gardens. A good sized crowd.
    Very similar to Surrey. Our bowling is very weak and we rely far too much on Ingram and Cooke in the batting.
    I thought Carlson’s field placings were very poor especially when Pepper repeatedly reverse hit the bowlers with no one standing far enough back.
    TVG had a nightmare.
    It was my first trip up there for some time, got a good deal on tickets and had a great evening. Totally agree with your summary, I said to my friend after the first 4 overs that we were out of it already.