+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan, opening up with Salter and Ul Hassan, 41-0 after winning the toss - McIlroy and Horton have been left out from the thirteen that travelled north.

Hoping McIlroy is rested rather than injured.

89 for 3 at lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    89 for 3 at lunch
    Yeah, they were going well at around 70-1 with Salter playing his best innings as an opener so far, but those two quick wickets for Durham turned things around and so I’d just about make it their session.

Good partnership by Carlson and northeast so far. If these 2 can bat for another hour or 2 we will be in a very strong position

A fourth hundred of the season by 11 June for Carlson, Glamorgan 251-4.

Cracker of an afternoon session, sets us up very well indeed. Don't want to get too carried away, but could we be on course for our first maximum batting point game of the year

Time for a big billy root innings to support. He is capable.

300 up, still only four wickets down.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A fourth hundred of the season by 11 June for Carlson, Glamorgan 251-4.
    Remember the old County Championship days of batsmen reaching the unbelievable 1000 runs before the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Time for a big billy root innings to support. He is capable.
    A good 45 by him, in a partnership of 91. Certainly helped to push us towards a very good score.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Remember the old County Championship days of batsmen reaching the unbelievable 1000 runs before the end of May.
    Was Graeme Hick the last one to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Was Graeme Hick the last one to do it?
    Yes he was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,000_...the_end_of_May

Glamorgan having a bit of a collapse, 379-7, but Carlson’s still there on 162 - no, he’s not, 379-8.

Didn’t make the most of that. The tail looked like they couldn’t give a damn.

A very poor final hour has brought Durham right back into the game.

If you'd offered me 390 at the start of the day I'd have happily taken it. Seems a bit of a let down after that collapse though.

Great catch by SamNortheast to reduce Durham to 32-2 - one of the wickets to fall is the night watchman mind.

119-4 at lunch.

All gone wrong this afternoon, 277-4.

Robinson out for 102.
    If you see the wicket it's probably one of the best stumpings from one of the worst deliveries you've seen in a while.

We're in a better position than most sides have been after 2 days against Durham. Seems like that collapse yesterday evening has cost us though. Still all to play for

Glamorgan relying heavily on Carlson today, but, even if he maintains his fine form, he's going to need support from the other end and the tail owes him a much better response than they came up with first time around - hard to see beyond a Durham win though.

Meanwhile, a very unusual dismissal elsewhere yesterday - why did he do it?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668651232540467201

Glamorgan relying heavily on Carlson today, but, even if he maintains his fine form, he's going to need support from the other end and the tail owes him a much better response than they came up with first time around - hard to see beyond a Durham win though.

Very strange. Not sure if he was just trying to be nice and hand the ball back to the keeper , certainly made his move towards the ball a bit early if that was the case. I do wonder mind, if he'd of fronted it , carried on with the 'catch' and handed it to the fielder, would he of got away with it? He kind of gave himself away with the way he pulled out.

Good morning for Glamorgan, with 91 for the loss of 2 wickets. Still a lot of work to do though!

First Team

Technically out but I would have been embarrassed to make that appeal.

In my eyes worse than a mankad