+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not a bad forecast for Worcester today, so you should see a full day's play. Nice ground Worcester.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...worcestershire
    Dry . Cloudy hint of it brightening. Worcs win the toss. Glam to bat 1st.

49/2 in the 10th. Ingram unluckily run out at the non strikers end. Lovely straight drive by Byrom slight touch by the bowler on to the wicket Ingram out of crease.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    49/2 in the 10th. Ingram unluckily run out at the non strikers end. Lovely straight drive by Byrom slight touch by the bowler on to the wicket Ingram out of crease.
    live stream seems to have gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    live stream seems to have gone?
    Im at the ground. 39-0 to 72-4.

122 -4 50 partnership Carlson and Kelleway. Kelleway has made 40 of them.

Watching a stream on You Tube, no sound though. Glamorgan going along at a good rate of over five an over, but losing wickets - 118-4 with Kellaway on an impressive 40 and Carlson happy to play second fiddle at the moment.

Carlson gives it away and a daft run out for Horton leaves us very reliant on Kellway to get a competitive total, 144-6 with Kellaway on 49.

Gorvin gone now as well.

And another 152/8.

Glamorgan did pretty well to get to 199 all out in the end. That score was almost entirely down to Kellaway who was last out for a bright and positive 82.

I’ll be surprised if Worcestershire struggle over what is a modest target though.

Well played Kellaway.

All fecked up with Carlsons poor shot and the crazy run out.

Well all I can say is that was a poor game , poor sides.

Kellaway batted well and looked good in the field. Thought the wicket keeper had a good game behind the stumps. Thats about it for our positives.

Sadly those 2 were involved in a stupid run out.

Too much emphasis on the hundred I think.

A hundred for Colin Ingram today as Glamorgan chased down a big total to win pretty easily at Derbyshire.

Glammy bit unlucky to fall short today, but Welsh Fire are looking good for both women's and men's victories at Edgbaston today.

Is Jonny Bairstow going to make an appearance at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Glammy bit unlucky to fall short today, but Welsh Fire are looking good for both women's and men's victories at Edgbaston today.

Is Jonny Bairstow going to make an appearance at some point?
    Easy win for the Welsh Fire men, who, even if they do nothing more from here, have been so much more competitive than in their first two seasons.

As for Glamorgan, I mentioned in the Hundred thread how Warwickshire had cheated their way to victory and, although Nick Webb was trying to be all even handed in his commentary and say it was a touch and go decision, I believe the fielder concerned, Ethan Brooks, knew he'd not taken a fair catch to dismiss Tim Van Der Gugten. It was one of those catches which you see so often these days where the catcher throws the ball infield before they cross the boundary and then step back into play and catch it - there was nothing wrong with that part of Brooks' "catch", but, in the process of making it in the first place, video pictures from no more than a few feet away of the play show him making contact with the boundary rope before throwing the ball up again for him to get back on the playing area.

My issue is that Brooks must have felt the rope on his foot as contact was made and yet still celebrated the catch. With no means to study the close up video pictures, the umpires had no option but to give Van Der Gugten out, but the crowd had seen what had happened and gave Brooks the stick he deserved - the guy's a cheat.

Easy win for the Welsh Fire men, who, even if they do nothing more from here, have been so much more competitive than in their first two seasons.

As for Glamorgan, I mentioned in the Hundred thread how Warwickshire had cheated their way to victory and, although Nick Webb was trying to be all even handed in his commentary and say it was a touch and go decision, I believe the fielder concerned, Ethan Brooks, knew he'd not taken a fair catch to dismiss Tim Van Der Gugten. It was one of those catches which you see so often these days where the catcher throws the ball infield before they cross the boundary and then step back into play and catch it - there was nothing wrong with that part of Brooks' "catch", but, in the process of making it in the first place, video pictures from no more than a few feet away of the play show him making contact with the boundary rope before throwing the ball up again for him to get back on the playing area.

My issue is that Brooks must have felt the rope on his foot as contact was made and yet still celebrated the catch. With no means to study the close up video pictures, the umpires had no option but to give Van Der Gugten out, but the crowd had seen what had happened and gave Brooks the stick he deserved - the guy's a cheat.
    An appalling incident. In face the guy threw the ball up BECAUSE he could feel the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    An appalling incident. In face the guy threw the ball up BECAUSE he could feel the rope.
    Yes, I think you’re probably right.

If you want to see something worse than our game on the weekend then have a look at Glammy's batting performance in the One Day Cup today. Total sh1te!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    If you want to see something worse than our game on the weekend then have a look at Glammy's batting performance in the One Day Cup today. Total sh1te!
    168/2 to 217 all out 😭

Despite their best efforts to turn what was looking like a bit of a doddle against Somerset into a defeat, Glamorgan scraped to a two wicket win at Taunton today thanks to a hundred from Byrom and seventies from Carlson and Root.

Glamorgan finished their One Day Cup campaign with a five wicket win over Northants despite their target being 341 - a hundred for Northeast scoring a hundred and Byrom and Ingram fifties.

Good finish to the campaign, how costly was that 6 given as out against Warwickshire

Yeah, I was thinking the same - one team I do not want to win this tournament is Warwickshire.

There was an even more blatant bit of cheating by a Northants fielder today who had hold of the rope as stopped the ball crossing for four. Glamorgan got two for it and both of the commentators, one for each team, were in no doubt that it was a four. - the fielder had to go off with an injury sustained in his bit of cheating.

Cracking chase from Glamorgan. Totally agree we were robbed with that decision. Looking at our lineup today it was so strong compared to other sides in the comp, I'd have backed us to win the finals.

That none of our players have got a game in the hundred is criminal. Carlson and Byrom especially after the way they batted in the T20. The one player who did make a squad is sitting on the bench so that Clarke and bairstow can fail game after game.

Yeah, I was thinking the same - one team I do not want to win this tournament is Warwickshire.

There was an even more blatant bit of cheating by a Northants fielder today who had hold of the rope as stopped the ball crossing for four. Glamorgan got two for it and both of the commentators, one for each team, were in no doubt that it was a four. - the fielder had to go off with an injury sustained in his bit of cheating.
    I thought that was a 4 too. It seems that cheat at Neath wouldn’t have made any difference to qualification.