Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

warwickshire got beat by 9 wickets in the semi final today

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    warwickshire got beat by 9 wickets in the semi final today
    Dawson took 7-15 in 6 overs! I'm guessing it was ripping a bit.

Warwickshire were desperate to win as they brought back Hain from the Hundred - if it was a real turning wicket, they were the ones at home, so they were responsible for it. Really pleased Warwickshire’s cheating came to nothing, now let’s see Leicestershire turn Hampshire over in the Final.

Big game starting at Worcester today

Stream
    https://youtu.be/A7r5YIa6sog

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Big game starting at Worcester today

Stream
    https://youtu.be/A7r5YIa6sog
    Worcestershire 28/2 after being put in by Glamorgan. Disappointing that there’s no overseas bowling reinforcement (did Glamorgan look for anyone?) because I’ve no great faith in them being able to take twenty wickets on any sort of decent pitch. Van Der Gugten has been bowled into the ground, McIlroy has been economical and looks like a good bowler in the making, but Harris, despite the odd good day, is a shadow of the bowler he once was and our spin attack is virtually non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Worcestershire 28/2 after being put in by Glamorgan. Disappointing that there’s no overseas bowling reinforcement (did Glamorgan look for anyone?) because I’ve no great faith in them being able to take twenty wickets on any sort of decent pitch. Van Der Gugten has been bowled into the ground, McIlroy has been economical and looks like a good bowler in the making, but Harris, despite the odd good day, is a shadow of the bowler he once was and our spin attack is virtually non existent.
    I'm not sure if they looked for anyone, as you say a lot of tired bodies out there. Maybe that was a similar problem looking overseas?

That said, great start. 3 down already

It does look a team set up to draw again. Good point about timm 'being bowled into the ground' aswell. I always think less is more when it comes to the quick men. A few spells of 4 overs a time at full strength can be a lot more dangerous than stretching those to 6/7 over spells and ending up with a fatigued bowler just trotting in.

Slightly disappointed by Douthwaites failure to develop aswell. Had high hopes for him being that dynamic number 7 who also bowled a full quota. With Lloyd going aswell, we really seem to lack an all rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It does look a team set up to draw again. Good point about timm 'being bowled into the ground' aswell. I always think less is more when it comes to the quick men. A few spells of 4 overs a time at full strength can be a lot more dangerous than stretching those to 6/7 over spells and ending up with a fatigued bowler just trotting in.

Slightly disappointed by Douthwaites failure to develop aswell. Had high hopes for him being that dynamic number 7 who also bowled a full quota. With Lloyd going aswell, we really seem to lack an all rounder.
    Kellaway had a very good fifty over tournament, but how will he go in the four day game? I think he’s got something about him.

Attritional stuff this morning, Glamorgan need to nip this partnership in the bud pretty soon after lunch.

Kellaway had a very good fifty over tournament, but how will he go in the four day game? I think he’s got something about him.

Attritional stuff this morning, Glamorgan need to nip this partnership in the bud pretty soon after lunch.
    Good start after lunch. Hoping another couple of wickets fall this session.

He did look very promising kellaway. I'd disregarded him a bit after the t20s, where he looked a bit lost and frightened. But he looked a very decent player in the 50 overs

Worcestershire recovered to 202-6 at tea, but Carlson’s broken the big stand - 214-7 now.

Glamorgan 3-0 at the close in reply to Worcestershire’s 284 - the home side let off the hook and Van Der Gugten’s injured.

Making a right hash of it today.

Just got in from work and thought I'd watch the afternoon's play. Not sure I want to now

170 all out. Looks like this game and any chance of promotion is over.

Glamorgan won at Worcester last season after having a first innings deficit of over a hundred, but they were able to bowl Worcestershire out quite cheap,y in the third innings and I can’t see that happening with this attack.

Disappointing that we haven’t tried to get another bowler in, even on loan, it’s as if they’d given up on promotion before this game.

Glamorgan won at Worcester last season after having a first innings deficit of over a hundred, but they were able to bowl Worcestershire out quite cheap,y in the third innings and I can’t see that happening with this attack.

Disappointing that we haven’t tried to get another bowler in, even on loan, it’s as if they’d given up on promotion before this game.
    Worcestershire 127/8 at close........

Great by McIlroy so far, maybe a big chase is on the cards. Although I suppose we had them 5 down for not much first innings aswell.

It's a 4 day season that has never really got going for us. Decent position in the table, but we seem to have played such negative cricket all year that we haven't really looked like potentially winning much at all. Even if we somehow magic up a promotion (looking unlikely), I still think there should be massive questions asked.

Edit:
    Few minutes later and another 2 have fallen. Here we go !

Need to get D'Oliveira out quickly tomorrow morning. He turned their first innings into something decent.

Took the dog out for a walk at about five last night with Worcestershire 80-1 and cruising to an inevitable victory and by the time I got back, they were 125-8! The wicket looked to be settling down when Libby and Azhar Ali were batting, but it seems it going to be bowler friendly right through. If Glamorgan don’t go up, they can look back and think they did not play enough games on pitches like this. As it happens, the only game before this one in which there has been a definite result was the revere fixture between these teams which Glamorgan won, apart from that and one or two a rain hit matches, we’ve played in matches where the slow, lifeless pitch has been the winner. I’m not saying that all games should be played on pitches like this one, but, it would be good to see more of a balance between bat and ball. Although the odds must still be on the home team, one of the lessons of the season is that batting tends to get easier as game goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Need to get D'Oliveira out quickly tomorrow morning. He turned their first innings into something decent.
    I'm sure we're the only team he ever does well against aswell. He looks like his grandad when he plays against us.

260 to win. Game on! Come on Glammy

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm sure we're the only team he ever does well against aswell. He looks like his grandad when he plays against us.
    We did get him out pretty quickly this morning, and he was a tad cross with himself https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...96151683305838

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We did get him out pretty quickly this morning, and he was a tad cross with himself https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...96151683305838
    Some pretty impressive bat swiping there. He's lucky he didn't pull a muscle !!

Hoping timms injury doesn't stop him batting. Could need every run he can muster.

A big innings in the season going on here. Have they got the application?

Ingram gone unfortunately, need big innings from northeast and Carlson here