+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Too many players out. No Ingram,Byrom, Douthwaite or Lloyd. Neser with Australia.
    Disappointing Neser hasn’t been replaced. We will do well to win this. Having said that opening with Sisodiya was absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Too many players out. No Ingram,Byrom, Douthwaite or Lloyd. Neser with Australia.
    Disappointing Neser hasn’t been replaced. We will do well to win this. Having said that opening with Sisodiya was absurd.
    crazy whoever thought of that

Brilliant from Timm again. Felt sorry for Sam, another dodgy innings, but certainly not through a lack of intent . He just can't seem to time the ball, nice to see him salvage it today with some very good late blows . We certainly have enough bowling options today, come on glammy!!

Glamorgan win by 32 runs

Gloucs need 37 run from 3 balls!

Glamorgan win.

Good win, but Essex also win and Hampshire hammer Surrey.

All things considered that was a very good win but as Paul says results elsewhere have done us no favours. We really need Ingram back for Tuesday night v Surrey.

Cam Fletcher as reserve overseas . 30yrs old, No international experience, but averages 35 at a healthy strike rate in domestic T20. Sounds like he could be a more than useful player.

i think bowling is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i think bowling is the problem
    With Ingram out batting was looking a bit light aswell. Although Bevan back from injury aswell helps us out there. As long as he picks 5 bowlers the attack looks better, hopefully the 4 bowler experiment is over and done with now. Could certainly do with a Michael Hogan or neser

Think we can forget about tonight’s game, Surrey 218-4 with an over left.

Humiliating.

Thank god for that slightly quieter spell when the Curran's were first in. We'd have been looking at 300 otherwise.

Will be a hell of a game if we win !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Cam Fletcher as reserve overseas . 30yrs old, No international experience, but averages 35 at a healthy strike rate in domestic T20. Sounds like he could be a more than useful player.
    He can keep wicket aswell.
    We need a bowling attack though that doesn't concede 200+ more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He can keep wicket aswell.
    We need a bowling attack though that doesn't concede 200+ more often than not.
    Very true. Shocking bowling performance.

I like the look of this smale mind. Don't care how many he scores tonight, the intent he's showing is fantastic

238-5 suggests to me that it’s a good batting wicket. Having won the toss, why did the captain elect to field.?

4 for Hogan tonight, 19 for the season in the blast. Shame he's not wearing a Glamorgan shirt !

i gave up watching, HUMILIATING!

Didn’t give them a game at any point tonight , humiliating defeat

A professional side losing T20 by 80 odd runs. It’s appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A professional side losing T20 by 80 odd runs. It’s appalling.
    Yorkshire lost by 144 on Sunday and 78 tonight having won six on the trot before that, it happens. We've had some hammerings this time round but with the injuries and unavailability it's been a decent effort to win half our games so far I reckon. Middlesex have lost all ten.

I know it's not as big a deal as in football but we've got 6 division 1 sides in our group and only two other division 2 sides so I'm not sure what everyone's expecting. Look at Surrey's line-up tonight. Somerset will probably give us a hiding tomorrow as well but I'm looking forward to the evening's cricket.

I'm not having a pop at you, or anyone else, but I don't understand why people have to be so angry, appalled or humiliated about it. I'm sure this thread didn't used to be so hostile. Sunday already had a 'pathetic', an 'absurd' a 'crazy' and a 'game over' after about three overs, it was like a City match-day thread. Each to their own but I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yorkshire lost by 144 on Sunday and 78 tonight having won six on the trot before that, it happens. We've had some hammerings this time round but with the injuries and unavailability it's been a decent effort to win half our games so far I reckon. Middlesex have lost all ten.

I know it's not as big a deal as in football but we've got 6 division 1 sides in our group and only two other division 2 sides so I'm not sure what everyone's expecting. Look at Surrey's line-up tonight. Somerset will probably give us a hiding tomorrow as well but I'm looking forward to the evening's cricket.

I'm not having a pop at you, or anyone else, but I don't understand why people have to be so angry, appalled or humiliated about it. I'm sure this thread didn't used to be so hostile. Sunday already had a 'pathetic', an 'absurd' a 'crazy' and a 'game over' after about three overs, it was like a City match-day thread. Each to their own but I don't get it.
    I agree with you, I’d say we’ve done well to win five games so far given the amount of injuries we’ve had - I can’t remember a time when we had so many important players injured. Add in that Podmore, whose record for Middlesex and Kent suggested he could do a decent job here, has been totally ineffective here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

It's a thread that is only really posted in during matches, of which we've taken some absolute pastings recently. People get passionate and want Glamorgan to do well, so I don't really understand what's so bad about people vocalising on that. Would be pretty boring if everyone just listed scores. As for individual 'hammerings' being something that happens, totally agree. If you play in the right way, with aggressive intent then sometimes it goes spectacularly wrong, that's just part of the game.

I see that Fletcher has got a week's contract, so I assume that means he'll play in the four day game against Sussex starting on Sunday? We really do need at least one overseas player for that game - hopefully, we can get another bowler from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see that Fletcher has got a week's contract, so I assume that means he'll play in the four day game against Sussex starting on Sunday? We really do need at least one overseas player for that game - hopefully, we can get another bowler from somewhere.
    You'd think Neser must be sick of the sight of the nets now. Long time to not play a game in the middle of a season, maybe he'll get a release If not picked for the 2nd test