+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

so our T20 coach has really set us on fire!

Ladies and gentleman. Welcome to the Timm and Kiran show. Everyone welcome ... Apart from Somerset - you can f@ck off and wonder why you lost

Can’t put everything down to injuries. Root could have put us in with a chance and parries it over the rope. There are some rank poor performances at times from professionals who really should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Can’t put everything down to injuries. Root could have put us in with a chance and parries it over the rope. There are some rank poor performances at times from professionals who really should be better.
    Agree.

That catch was huge. So far we have 3 players who've turned up tonight. Carlson, Timm and hatzoglu

if Glammy were the company i'd worked for there'd be a lot of sackings based on recent performances. worse than watching City! completely unacceptable but nobody has the balls to deal with it. nice ground shame about the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    if Glammy were the company i'd worked for there'd be a lot of sackings based on recent performances. worse than watching City! completely unacceptable but nobody has the balls to deal with it. nice ground shame about the team!
    We must have the worst T20 record of all counties. We so rarely get out of the group.

feeble management, need some decent coaches and not some poundland cheapies. serial underachievers. so many parallels to City.

I can't knock them too much for tonight. Selection was right, balance was right, smale will be a gem. It just went tits up. I think qualification may well end up on 'if we'd have won one of the games in which Alleyne picked 4 bowlers'.

That was something we had control over and facked up. But we're still in it now, win 2 or 3 of the last 3 matches and we qualify. Carlson and Timm were unbelievably good tonight, simply amazing partnership

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    That catch was huge. So far we have 3 players who've turned up tonight. Carlson, Timm and hatzoglu
    Cooke was unlucky to be fair, it was an unbelievable catch to get him out. He could've easily got the 20 or 30 extra runs we needed to make it a really competitive score. That catch goes down or Root's sticks then it could've been game on. Frustrating. Decent and spirited performance overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We must have the worst T20 record of all counties. We so rarely get out of the group.
    Good question this. We're only ahead of Middlesex and Derbyshire for games won overall.

There's a table here (at the bottom of the page) on where teams have finished up each season, only us and Derbyshire haven't made a final yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T20_Blast

One more quick thing. The BBC report on the game says

'as Harry Styles took to the stage down the road at the Principality Stadium, Somerset's chase of 171 was only going in one direction'

Excellent stuff and definitely the kind of thing TOBW should be looking to introduce into his match reports for next season. He's got a couple of months to work on some popular culture material now, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results come August.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Cooke was unlucky to be fair, it was an unbelievable catch to get him out. He could've easily got the 20 or 30 extra runs we needed to make it a really competitive score. That catch goes down or Root's sticks then it could've been game on. Frustrating. Decent and spirited performance overall though.
    Was a hell of a catch to be fair. Hopefully Essex can beat Kent and Hampshire over the next 2 days and keep that 4th spot open for us.

Absolute madness in the Surrey Middlesex game. Surrey put up 252. Middlesex 128/1 after 9.5 overs in reply

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Absolute madness in the Surrey Middlesex game. Surrey put up 252. Middlesex 128/1 after 9.5 overs in reply
    what a finish, well done Middlesex!

Can't believe what I've just watched. They won it with 4 balls to spare. Not a bad way to break out of a slump. Good for us aswell. Surrey now play Somerset and Essex to round out their season. Their run rate should help them but there's every chance that one of Surrey or Essex could now fail to get another point . If Essex win games then it will be at the expense of other teams in the mix. Could get very tight for top 4

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    what a finish, well done Middlesex!
    Loved the way the commentators were talking about if he should have left the strike to Holden. Think he answered that question pretty emphatically!

I was listening to the otherwise very good Wisden podcast yesterday and, as usual with them, the discussion on the county game was centred on Surrey and/or Essex/ It became another Surrey love in with one of them saying how he'd watched the T20 game with Glamorgan and, although they had a few injuries, the gulf between the teams was a chasm. He wasn't particularly having a go at Glamorgan just using them to find another way to say how great the current Surrey squad are.

While there's no denying that Surrey are a very strong side in all formats of the game, they should always be given all of the advantages they have over most other counties. Throughout my lifetime, there's always been a bit of vulnerability to them though and last night's ridiculous defeat says it all, as in the next game after they played Glamorgan, they lose to a side with a hundred per cent losing record that broke the records for the best ever run chase in the competition's history - honestly, I would have rated Middlesex something like a 10,000 to 1 shot during the interval between innings'!

incedible game last night it was hard to believe when they showed the comparison at the end of the power play middlesex were 21 runs ahead if i remembered right you are right about the love in with surrey sky were the same last night

I'm guessing Surrey get a good deal rent wise on the oval that underpins their financial muscle. Always thought Middlesex would be in a good financial position, until I saw an article on their rental terms. Was around 16k a day and 30% of ticket income. So playing at Lords is more of a millstone for them than a money maker

Glamorgan about to announce legspinner Mitchell Swepson as a replacement for Neser. Lesson not learnt from choosing Patel as Neser's replacement... clear to all that a pace bowler would be more valuable.

With Salter and Sisodiya out of contract at the end of the season, makes you wonder what the future is for one (or both) of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Glamorgan about to announce legspinner Mitchell Swepson as a replacement for Neser. Lesson not learnt from choosing Patel as Neser's replacement... clear to all that a pace bowler would be more valuable.

With Salter and Sisodiya out of contract at the end of the season, makes you wonder what the future is for one (or both) of them.
    Agree that a pace bowler (ideally a pace bowling all rounder) would appear to the more useful. I certainly think Prem and salter are decent players.

Saying that, maybe those players aren't available at the moment. Swepson is a good player, so should give us a boost

A few years ago, a quality leg spinner in a dry summer, so far, would have been a good signing to play on the Cardiff pitch, but in recent seasons there’s not been much in it for spinners and the wicket has shown a tendency to become slower and lower as the game goes on.

You’d think Swepson could make an impact in the Championship if the rain stays away, but he could do with some help from the Cardiff groundsman.

Do this lot practice their fielding. Dreadful.

Someone tell Fletcher you.can’t bat out for a draw in T20.