+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

This will be another very poor defeat. The difference between the fielding of the two sides has been stark. Sussex have fielded superbly. Glammy’s was amateur hour stuff.

pathetic! amateurish performance from a 'dog's breakfast' of a side.

Feel like that game should have finished 40 minutes ago, after Glamorgan based down 110. We've Handed them run after run in the field. Followed by Fletcher turning out a Northeast special.

One of my grievances with T20 cricket is that, quite often the outcome becomes obvious far too early in the game. There are exceptions obviously, but in 5 of tonights games, the team batting second lost (we were the smallest losing margin of the 5). There were just 2 successful run chases with 1 match abandoned. For a format that's supposed to deliver excitement, more often than not matches seem to drift towards an obvious result, early on in the 2nd innings.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Feel like that game should have finished 40 minutes ago, after Glamorgan based down 110. We've Handed them run after run in the field. Followed by Fletcher turning out a Northeast special.
    Fletcher couldn’t win it on his own. Tver would have been fine if Cooke or Carlson for example had done the flair work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Fletcher couldn’t win it on his own. Tver would have been fine if Cooke or Carlson for example had done the flair work.
    To be fair to Fletcher, he improved his scoring rate later in his innings to the extent that he scored quick enough for us to have won if only someone could have stayed with him - the problem as I saw it was that he was taking so long to play himself into some sort of form that he put people like Northeast and Cooke under unnecessary pressure.

Back to the four day stuff today with another game against Sussex. The only one of our injured players to return is Bevan who I suppose may open - Swepson is the only overseas player included.

Not a great first day!

An hour played this morning and Sussexhave added just eleven runs while losing three wickets.

Looks like the kookaburra is doing a bit on our pitch. Could end up with a very handy first innings lead in a low scoring game.

Edward Bevan was appreciating the nature of the cricket today and so one of the other commentators christened it Bev ball. With just 184 runs scored from a full days play, it certainly wasn’t Baz ball, but Glamorgan are on top with a lead of 85 with all of their second innings wickets left on a pitch where batsmen are really struggling to time the ball - the question is will the weather have the final word because the forecast for the next couple of days isn’t great.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Edward Bevan was appreciating the nature of the cricket today and so one of the other commentators christened it Bev ball. With just 184 runs scored from a full days play, it certainly wasn’t Baz ball, but Glamorgan are on top with a lead of 85 with all of their second innings wickets left on a pitch where batsmen are really struggling to time the ball - the question is will the weather have the final word because the forecast for the next couple of days isn’t great.
    Salter and UL Hasan would have had ginger boll@cks spitting feathers. But well done to them I say, played to the conditions and built a valuable partnership

With weather looking dodgy I had hoped we’d press on this evening. Why do cricketers think runs scored in the morning are more valuable than the evening? An opportunity missed.

I haven't seen particularly ominous forecasts for the next couple of days. I'd say we look in a very healthy position at the moment

pretty slow going stuff this. theres potential rain around tomorrow you'd think they'd try to move the score along a little.

66 runs and 2 wickets in session 1, more zzzzball than bazball i guess.

watching Glammy second innings and a shame the openers were on the back foot and we've still got injuries to key players. currently lead by 169 and Carlson and Northeast in which will be a key partnership.

Carlson provides some much needed acceleration with 59 off 50 balls, Glamorgan 221-4 with Northeast on 61, so 260 on with my concern being that it’s looking an increasingly easy pitch to defend on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Carlson provides some much needed acceleration with 59 off 50 balls, Glamorgan 221-4 with Northeast on 61, so 260 on with my concern being that it’s looking an increasingly easy pitch to defend on.
    Seems like a high proportion of lbw and bowled this match, maybe the difference in ball has something to do with it. Very healthy lead of 285, with Northeast and Cooke at the crease we're in a good position to push on from here.

Not watched Glamorgan ccc in decades...since the days of Gilbert Parkhouse/Jim Pressdee et al!! But have been this afternoon...actually really good to watch a good tactical match instead of headlining test matches!

Mind you...the commentators are pretty woeful....

Ned to throw the bat a bit.......and get Sussex in for 20 overs....w

Just get them in. How safe do you need to be?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ve-experiences

This is a bit ambiguous for me. This report and the Yorkshire findings are disturbing. But I always thought that Maynard was a far more talented cricketer than Ramprakash but he got more opportunities to recover from poor performances than Maynard ever did at test level.

Probably more geographical than racial bias on my part. Though Ramprakash sort of down playing the findings of the report because he managed to become President of Middlesex and Director of Cricket at Harrow Public School didn't necessarily make him representative of anyone who fell through the cracks!

Giving it a decent go

205-7 at tea, four wickets to Swepson. After blocking throughout their first innings and for the first half of their second one, Sussex are not batting as if they’re trying to win the game.

Possibly managing to throw the win away