+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Hell of a partnership this

2nd time this season we failed to take the last wicket, had plenty of overs to do it in too!

A very good last wicket partnership, fifteen overs lost in the morning session and yet another dead Cardiff pitch combine to deny Glamorgan - the Kookaburra ball didn’t help either, hope we don’t see it again in the county Championship after the two game experiment with it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    2nd time this season we failed to take the last wicket, had plenty of overs to do it in too!
    Shocking. Glamorgan have thrown yet another winning opportunity

Big points to drop , with Sussex being 10 points in front of us. At 9 down I thought it was an absolute certainty. Great performance by Glamorgan, just couldn't quite see it through

21 overs to get that last wicket - so frustrating

Needed Neser

I think Sussex will be heading back feeling pretty happy. Down and out in the T20 before we gave them a win, followed by a great escape. We've played really well, but let ourselves down to a large extent. Still all to play for 4 day wise, unfortunately Yorkshire are starting to creep into the mix aswell though, with a game in hand aswell.

dead ball and dead pitch and disappointing result.

So disappointing after a really solid performance for most of 4 days. When they got 9 didn’t dream they wouldn’t convert. But still all to pay for, but boy do they need a win.

15 overs lost because of rain so why did they stop the game at 6.05

Glammy getting hit all over the park in tonight's match v Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Glammy getting hit all over the park in tonight's match v Hampshire.
    Sisodiya?

Fairplay to both teams for getting a game on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Fairplay to both teams for getting a game on.
    impossible target as a result of sloppy bowling.

Looks like Middlesex’s second win of the season is approaching. Such a disappointing tail off in T20 this year.

Meanwhile, Glamorgan, chasing 201, are 62-1 in the fifth over thanks to Carlson’s fifty in fifteen balls.

Carlson 69 off26 balls after hitting Glamorgan’s quickest ever fifty.

87-1 off 6 overs.

Carlson out for 77 off 30 balls.

Appalling collapse, started it must be said, by a completely needless wicket of Carlson when they could coast.

Ingram got a poor decision, but otherwise it was a procession against a poor team.

wtf happened? when I last was watching Carlson was having a blinder and Glammy were going at over 13 an over. not to have won this game in front of the home crowd is very disappointing. the club really needs to shake out the blanket 'cos this is unaccceptable.

Captain David Lloyd is joining Derbyshire from next season. Sad to see one of the squad’s Welshmen leaving- I think I’m right in saying that in 2024 none of the three north Walian first class cricketers will be playing for the Welsh county.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Captain David Lloyd is joining Derbyshire from next season. Sad to see one of the squad’s Welshmen leaving- I think I’m right in saying that in 2024 none of the three north Walian first class cricketers will be playing for the Welsh county.
    understandable and leaves a big hole to fill. a chance however to recruit an experienced all round leader.

Very disappointing news about David Lloyd. I know that moving closer to home was the reason given, but we're talking about swapping a 3 hour journey for a 2 hour one... not exactly down the road. Makes me wonder if there's more to this. I think Kiran Carlson is out of contract in 3 months...

Mark Wallace has now been a Director of Cricket for 4 years. I don't think he can point to many achievements over those 4 years. Recruitment has been terrible, the appointment of Alleyne hasn't worked, and there's no imminent talent from the academy. Wallace even got criticised by Duckett in his role as Team Manager of the Welsh Fire, which must be the easiest gig going.

Feels like there's a lack of direction at the club to be honest, with things likely to get worse.