+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Got to 69 before he gave the bowler a return catch to end a record second wicket partnership for Glamorgan against Derbyshire, Ingram not out 114 and Glamorgan 223-2.
    He's 'got in' so to speak in most of his innings,but then got out. Nice to see him get a bigger score even if it was at Boycott/Tavare pace.

402-5. A very good day. Great decision to put us in!

Finished 408-6, Root let a straight ball go and was plumb LBW. Watched a few hours today, doesn’t look a bad pitch, but Derbyshire bowled poorly on it.

Have Glamorgan played a match yet this season that both teams have been trying to win from start to finish?

Don't know about anyone else but I love the quirks that cricket scoreboards can often produce.
    Today I'm drawn to the Warwickshire Middlesex game. Warwickshire were bowled out for just 60 in their 1st innings, then bowled Middlesex out for 199. I think 22 wkts fell on the first day yesterday. 3 of Warwickshires bowlers each had figures of 3-49, whilst the other bowler used got 1-49. I'm a bit disappointed though that 2 bowlers bowled 13 overs and the other 2 bowled 12 and 14.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't know about anyone else but I love the quirks that cricket scoreboards can often produce.
    Today I'm drawn to the Warwickshire Middlesex game. Warwickshire were bowled out for just 60 in their 1st innings, then bowled Middlesex out for 199. I think 22 wkts fell on the first day yesterday. 3 of Warwickshires bowlers each had figures of 3-49, whilst the other bowler used got 1-49. I'm a bit disappointed though that 2 bowlers bowled 13 overs and the other 2 bowled 12 and 14.
    Three bowlers each taking 3-49 in an innings must be a record surely, but I pity the poor sod who decides to try and confirm it

I see two Surrey batsmen were out for 99 in their innings against Somerset, I would have thought there would be records kept on how often that happened.

Meanwhile Derbyshire plodded their way to 95-0 off forty overs against Glamorgan’s toothless attack in reply to our 521-8 declared before the rain came to put everyone out of their misery for the day.

Three bowlers each taking 3-49 in an innings must be a record surely, but I pity the poor sod who decides to try and confirm it

I see two Surrey batsmen were out for 99 in their innings against Somerset, I would have thought there would be records kept on how often that happened.

Meanwhile Derbyshire plodded their way to 95-0 off forty overs against Glamorgan’s toothless attack in reply to our 521-8 declared before the rain came to put everyone out of their misery for the day.
    All 10 batsmen in that Surrey innings were out Caught. Another quirk.

A batting collapse by Derbyshire as Glamorgan enforce the follow on - just as in the first innings, Derbyshire have made a good start though and I think it’s going to be hard for us to force the win that we really need.

Unbeaten in the Championship this season. Good that they have been competitive in the last year or two after some dismal years in the 4 day game.

Don't look at the scorecard today........

pretty embarrassing stuff it must be said

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Don't look at the scorecard today........
    I just looked and it's a lot worse than when you posted

I guess the only comfort is that there is not enough time left to lose it.

48 point deduction for Yorkshire. 1 less team in contention

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    48 point deduction for Yorkshire. 1 less team in contention
    Worcestershire will fancy getting their fourth win of the season tomorrow if it stays dry at Cheltenham. I can remember Ingram and Cooke batting through a full day a few years back, but I can’t recall Glamorgan ever going wicketless in a day before. We’ve lost Hogan and Neser’s only going to play about forty per cent of our games. Meanwhile, the player presumably brought in to replace Hogan has barely played. We do have a fine bowler in Van Der Gugten, but he’s been bowled into the ground and it’s showing now, while Swepson has been unlucky to have conditions not suited to his type of bowling - currently our bowling attack is very weak.

Despite this, we are still in with a chance of getting second, but we really need to get the overseas signing we, presumably, will be making for our last three matches right and with two of them at home, we will need result pitches, not the usual Cardiff track which becomes flatter as the game goes on.

1st round of the one day cup today. Worcester away. Day off work. Heading up there in a few mins. Cmon Glammy.

Not a bad forecast for Worcester today, so you should see a full day's play. Nice ground Worcester.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...worcestershire

Not a bad forecast for Worcester today, so you should see a full day's play. Nice ground Worcester.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...worcestershire
    Dry . Cloudy hint of it brightening. Worcs win the toss. Glam to bat 1st.

49/2 in the 10th. Ingram unluckily run out at the non strikers end. Lovely straight drive by Byrom slight touch by the bowler on to the wicket Ingram out of crease.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    49/2 in the 10th. Ingram unluckily run out at the non strikers end. Lovely straight drive by Byrom slight touch by the bowler on to the wicket Ingram out of crease.
    live stream seems to have gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    live stream seems to have gone?
    Im at the ground. 39-0 to 72-4.

122 -4 50 partnership Carlson and Kelleway. Kelleway has made 40 of them.

Watching a stream on You Tube, no sound though. Glamorgan going along at a good rate of over five an over, but losing wickets - 118-4 with Kellaway on an impressive 40 and Carlson happy to play second fiddle at the moment.

Carlson gives it away and a daft run out for Horton leaves us very reliant on Kellway to get a competitive total, 144-6 with Kellaway on 49.

Gorvin gone now as well.

And another 152/8.