+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 218 of 224 FirstFirst ... 118168208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5586

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan did pretty well to get to 199 all out in the end. That score was almost entirely down to Kellaway who was last out for a bright and positive 82.

I’ll be surprised if Worcestershire struggle over what is a modest target though.

Well played Kellaway.

All fecked up with Carlsons poor shot and the crazy run out.

Well all I can say is that was a poor game , poor sides.

Kellaway batted well and looked good in the field. Thought the wicket keeper had a good game behind the stumps. Thats about it for our positives.

Sadly those 2 were involved in a stupid run out.

Too much emphasis on the hundred I think.

A hundred for Colin Ingram today as Glamorgan chased down a big total to win pretty easily at Derbyshire.

Glammy bit unlucky to fall short today, but Welsh Fire are looking good for both women's and men's victories at Edgbaston today.

Is Jonny Bairstow going to make an appearance at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Glammy bit unlucky to fall short today, but Welsh Fire are looking good for both women's and men's victories at Edgbaston today.

Is Jonny Bairstow going to make an appearance at some point?
    Easy win for the Welsh Fire men, who, even if they do nothing more from here, have been so much more competitive than in their first two seasons.

As for Glamorgan, I mentioned in the Hundred thread how Warwickshire had cheated their way to victory and, although Nick Webb was trying to be all even handed in his commentary and say it was a touch and go decision, I believe the fielder concerned, Ethan Brooks, knew he'd not taken a fair catch to dismiss Tim Van Der Gugten. It was one of those catches which you see so often these days where the catcher throws the ball infield before they cross the boundary and then step back into play and catch it - there was nothing wrong with that part of Brooks' "catch", but, in the process of making it in the first place, video pictures from no more than a few feet away of the play show him making contact with the boundary rope before throwing the ball up again for him to get back on the playing area.

My issue is that Brooks must have felt the rope on his foot as contact was made and yet still celebrated the catch. With no means to study the close up video pictures, the umpires had no option but to give Van Der Gugten out, but the crowd had seen what had happened and gave Brooks the stick he deserved - the guy's a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Easy win for the Welsh Fire men, who, even if they do nothing more from here, have been so much more competitive than in their first two seasons.

As for Glamorgan, I mentioned in the Hundred thread how Warwickshire had cheated their way to victory and, although Nick Webb was trying to be all even handed in his commentary and say it was a touch and go decision, I believe the fielder concerned, Ethan Brooks, knew he'd not taken a fair catch to dismiss Tim Van Der Gugten. It was one of those catches which you see so often these days where the catcher throws the ball infield before they cross the boundary and then step back into play and catch it - there was nothing wrong with that part of Brooks' "catch", but, in the process of making it in the first place, video pictures from no more than a few feet away of the play show him making contact with the boundary rope before throwing the ball up again for him to get back on the playing area.

My issue is that Brooks must have felt the rope on his foot as contact was made and yet still celebrated the catch. With no means to study the close up video pictures, the umpires had no option but to give Van Der Gugten out, but the crowd had seen what had happened and gave Brooks the stick he deserved - the guy's a cheat.
    An appalling incident. In face the guy threw the ball up BECAUSE he could feel the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    An appalling incident. In face the guy threw the ball up BECAUSE he could feel the rope.
    Yes, I think you’re probably right.

If you want to see something worse than our game on the weekend then have a look at Glammy's batting performance in the One Day Cup today. Total sh1te!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    If you want to see something worse than our game on the weekend then have a look at Glammy's batting performance in the One Day Cup today. Total sh1te!
    168/2 to 217 all out 😭

Despite their best efforts to turn what was looking like a bit of a doddle against Somerset into a defeat, Glamorgan scraped to a two wicket win at Taunton today thanks to a hundred from Byrom and seventies from Carlson and Root.

Glamorgan finished their One Day Cup campaign with a five wicket win over Northants despite their target being 341 - a hundred for Northeast scoring a hundred and Byrom and Ingram fifties.

Good finish to the campaign, how costly was that 6 given as out against Warwickshire

Yeah, I was thinking the same - one team I do not want to win this tournament is Warwickshire.

There was an even more blatant bit of cheating by a Northants fielder today who had hold of the rope as stopped the ball crossing for four. Glamorgan got two for it and both of the commentators, one for each team, were in no doubt that it was a four. - the fielder had to go off with an injury sustained in his bit of cheating.

Cracking chase from Glamorgan. Totally agree we were robbed with that decision. Looking at our lineup today it was so strong compared to other sides in the comp, I'd have backed us to win the finals.

That none of our players have got a game in the hundred is criminal. Carlson and Byrom especially after the way they batted in the T20. The one player who did make a squad is sitting on the bench so that Clarke and bairstow can fail game after game.

Yeah, I was thinking the same - one team I do not want to win this tournament is Warwickshire.

There was an even more blatant bit of cheating by a Northants fielder today who had hold of the rope as stopped the ball crossing for four. Glamorgan got two for it and both of the commentators, one for each team, were in no doubt that it was a four. - the fielder had to go off with an injury sustained in his bit of cheating.
    I thought that was a 4 too. It seems that cheat at Neath wouldn’t have made any difference to qualification.

warwickshire got beat by 9 wickets in the semi final today

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    warwickshire got beat by 9 wickets in the semi final today
    Dawson took 7-15 in 6 overs! I'm guessing it was ripping a bit.

Warwickshire were desperate to win as they brought back Hain from the Hundred - if it was a real turning wicket, they were the ones at home, so they were responsible for it. Really pleased Warwickshire’s cheating came to nothing, now let’s see Leicestershire turn Hampshire over in the Final.

Big game starting at Worcester today

Stream
    https://youtu.be/A7r5YIa6sog

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Big game starting at Worcester today

Stream
    https://youtu.be/A7r5YIa6sog
    Worcestershire 28/2 after being put in by Glamorgan. Disappointing that there’s no overseas bowling reinforcement (did Glamorgan look for anyone?) because I’ve no great faith in them being able to take twenty wickets on any sort of decent pitch. Van Der Gugten has been bowled into the ground, McIlroy has been economical and looks like a good bowler in the making, but Harris, despite the odd good day, is a shadow of the bowler he once was and our spin attack is virtually non existent.

Worcestershire 28/2 after being put in by Glamorgan. Disappointing that there’s no overseas bowling reinforcement (did Glamorgan look for anyone?) because I’ve no great faith in them being able to take twenty wickets on any sort of decent pitch. Van Der Gugten has been bowled into the ground, McIlroy has been economical and looks like a good bowler in the making, but Harris, despite the odd good day, is a shadow of the bowler he once was and our spin attack is virtually non existent.
    I'm not sure if they looked for anyone, as you say a lot of tired bodies out there. Maybe that was a similar problem looking overseas?

That said, great start. 3 down already

It does look a team set up to draw again. Good point about timm 'being bowled into the ground' aswell. I always think less is more when it comes to the quick men. A few spells of 4 overs a time at full strength can be a lot more dangerous than stretching those to 6/7 over spells and ending up with a fatigued bowler just trotting in.

Slightly disappointed by Douthwaites failure to develop aswell. Had high hopes for him being that dynamic number 7 who also bowled a full quota. With Lloyd going aswell, we really seem to lack an all rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It does look a team set up to draw again. Good point about timm 'being bowled into the ground' aswell. I always think less is more when it comes to the quick men. A few spells of 4 overs a time at full strength can be a lot more dangerous than stretching those to 6/7 over spells and ending up with a fatigued bowler just trotting in.

Slightly disappointed by Douthwaites failure to develop aswell. Had high hopes for him being that dynamic number 7 who also bowled a full quota. With Lloyd going aswell, we really seem to lack an all rounder.
    Kellaway had a very good fifty over tournament, but how will he go in the four day game? I think he’s got something about him.

Attritional stuff this morning, Glamorgan need to nip this partnership in the bud pretty soon after lunch.

Kellaway had a very good fifty over tournament, but how will he go in the four day game? I think he’s got something about him.

Attritional stuff this morning, Glamorgan need to nip this partnership in the bud pretty soon after lunch.
    Good start after lunch. Hoping another couple of wickets fall this session.

He did look very promising kellaway. I'd disregarded him a bit after the t20s, where he looked a bit lost and frightened. But he looked a very decent player in the 50 overs