+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209210211212213214215216217218219
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5665

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Long way behind. But they’re fighting. Lead 150. Can our aussie and Ingram turn up in the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Long way behind. But they’re fighting. Lead 150. Can our aussie and Ingram turn up in the 2nd?
    Yes. Lol.

Labuschagne out after scoring a ton. Ingram 101 not out.

107 in front with 5 wickets left. Glamorgan still in it just about?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes. Lol.

Labuschagne out after scoring a ton. Ingram 101 not out.

107 in front with 5 wickets left. Glamorgan still in it just about?
    Shame Cooke is out, he’s not in great form with the bat this season.

Middlesex still favourites, but, barring a late collapse, it’s been Glamorgan’s day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shame Cooke is out, he’s not in great form with the bat this season.

Middlesex still favourites, but, barring a late collapse, it’s been Glamorgan’s day.
    Tempted fate. 4 late wickets for 60 runs in last 18 overs. Undid a very good day. From 130 behind to 130 in front. From out of it to nearly in it. For me simply not enough. But it would give me huge pleasure if it was. But gutsy day after disastrous day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Tempted fate. 4 late wickets for 60 runs in last 18 overs. Undid a very good day. From 130 behind to 130 in front. From out of it to nearly in it. For me simply not enough. But it would give me huge pleasure if it was. But gutsy day after disastrous day 1.
    Yeah good effort to take it to the last day but still expect it to finish early afternoon tomorrow. Unfortunately no rain tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah good effort to take it to the last day but still expect it to finish early afternoon tomorrow. Unfortunately no rain tomorrow!
    We’ve only but 300 on the board twice in the first innings this season. Often playing catch up to stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We’ve only but 300 on the board twice in the first innings this season. Often playing catch up to stay in the game.
    Think the toss has been very important in the last two matches held in Cardiff. Thankfully, after a year of dead, flat Sophia Gardens wickets which tended to make draws inevitable, the wicket against Sussex and, in all likelihood, the one against Middlesex are going to produce a definite result - if this trend continues, it’s inevitable that Glamorgan will lose out at times.

This might be a stupid question with an obvious answer, but can anyone explain why batting and bowling points are only awarded for each side's first innings (as opposed to both)?

114-4 all of a sudden chasing 213 all of a sudden.

Regarding bonus points, I think it’s something to do with the fact that there are plenty of games where both sides don’t get to have a second innings, whereas, unless there’s rain about, both teams always have a first innings.

Momentum seems to be with Glammy at tea, but still an uphill struggle.

6 down, 55 left. C'mon glammy!

Jesus Christ! That googly turned round a corner. Would have been damn tough to keep out of it was one of 6 offies. Absolutely no chance whatsoever when you're expecting a leg spinner

Interesting to hear nick Webb say he's never seen a 4 day pitch like this at Glamorgan. I thought this what our pitches used to be like. Thinking back to the croft/cosker spin twin days. Maybe it was just more slow in the past than a sharp turner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Jesus Christ! That googly turned round a corner. Would have been damn tough to keep out of it was one of 6 offies. Absolutely no chance whatsoever when you're expecting a leg spinner

Interesting to hear nick Webb say he's never seen a 4 day pitch like this at Glamorgan. I thought this what our pitches used to be like. Thinking back to the croft/cosker spin twin days. Maybe it was just more slow in the past than a sharp turner
    Phil Tufnell spun us out 30 years ago on such a wicket in the game where Adrian Dale and Viv Richards both got 200.

gutted to lose that but the bowling attack was always going to struggle and why leave the main man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    gutted to lose that but the bowling attack was always going to struggle and why leave the main man out.
    It was a great game of cricket, disappointing but also encouraging because we were out of that game and even became favourites with an hour to go.
    And even more disappointing because it was bloody Middlesex.

Gutted. When crane was last man out before lunch I thought to myself can he bowl a team out on last day in last innings. Classic leggie scenario. So nearly did. Bad luck glammy. After looking definite losers for 3 and a half days, for an hour they looked likely winners. Only to lose it narrowly at the end. Helm is a git. Always seems to turn up against us. Always ball, and now bat. What a difference in the table a win would have made.

Not sure why Northeast took out the second slip for Crane - there was a pretty easy catch to second slip with twenty to get and that was the game changer for me. Still, Glamorgan made a great. Fight of it and you can’t really say the result would have been different if Hamza had played, because it was Ingram and Labuschagne who gave us a chance.

Thought Crane did so well to put us in that position. But then when he had put the game in his hand, he then spaffed it away with some really loose bowling at helm and Davies. Not sure if he was getting tired, would have been nice to have seen Marnus and Carlson have a go with that spinning pitch

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Thought Crane did so well to put us in that position. But then when he had put the game in his hand, he then spaffed it away with some really loose bowling at helm and Davies. Not sure if he was getting tired, would have been nice to have seen Marnus and Carlson have a go with that spinning pitch
    I'd thought the same. Harris frankly didn't do a lot. It sucks losing!