+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 219 of 224 FirstFirst ... 119169209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5586

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Worcestershire recovered to 202-6 at tea, but Carlson’s broken the big stand - 214-7 now.

Glamorgan 3-0 at the close in reply to Worcestershire’s 284 - the home side let off the hook and Van Der Gugten’s injured.

Making a right hash of it today.

Just got in from work and thought I'd watch the afternoon's play. Not sure I want to now

170 all out. Looks like this game and any chance of promotion is over.

Glamorgan won at Worcester last season after having a first innings deficit of over a hundred, but they were able to bowl Worcestershire out quite cheap,y in the third innings and I can’t see that happening with this attack.

Disappointing that we haven’t tried to get another bowler in, even on loan, it’s as if they’d given up on promotion before this game.

Great by McIlroy so far, maybe a big chase is on the cards. Although I suppose we had them 5 down for not much first innings aswell.

It's a 4 day season that has never really got going for us. Decent position in the table, but we seem to have played such negative cricket all year that we haven't really looked like potentially winning much at all. Even if we somehow magic up a promotion (looking unlikely), I still think there should be massive questions asked.

Edit:
    Few minutes later and another 2 have fallen. Here we go !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan won at Worcester last season after having a first innings deficit of over a hundred, but they were able to bowl Worcestershire out quite cheap,y in the third innings and I can’t see that happening with this attack.

Disappointing that we haven’t tried to get another bowler in, even on loan, it’s as if they’d given up on promotion before this game.
    Worcestershire 127/8 at close........

Need to get D'Oliveira out quickly tomorrow morning. He turned their first innings into something decent.

Took the dog out for a walk at about five last night with Worcestershire 80-1 and cruising to an inevitable victory and by the time I got back, they were 125-8! The wicket looked to be settling down when Libby and Azhar Ali were batting, but it seems it going to be bowler friendly right through. If Glamorgan don’t go up, they can look back and think they did not play enough games on pitches like this. As it happens, the only game before this one in which there has been a definite result was the revere fixture between these teams which Glamorgan won, apart from that and one or two a rain hit matches, we’ve played in matches where the slow, lifeless pitch has been the winner. I’m not saying that all games should be played on pitches like this one, but, it would be good to see more of a balance between bat and ball. Although the odds must still be on the home team, one of the lessons of the season is that batting tends to get easier as game goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Need to get D'Oliveira out quickly tomorrow morning. He turned their first innings into something decent.
    I'm sure we're the only team he ever does well against aswell. He looks like his grandad when he plays against us.

260 to win. Game on! Come on Glammy

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm sure we're the only team he ever does well against aswell. He looks like his grandad when he plays against us.
    We did get him out pretty quickly this morning, and he was a tad cross with himself https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...96151683305838

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We did get him out pretty quickly this morning, and he was a tad cross with himself https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...96151683305838
    Some pretty impressive bat swiping there. He's lucky he didn't pull a muscle !!

Hoping timms injury doesn't stop him batting. Could need every run he can muster.

A big innings in the season going on here. Have they got the application?

Ingram gone unfortunately, need big innings from northeast and Carlson here

37/4. It's the hope that kills you.

Today’s effort will be later described as ‘disappointing’ by whoever is wheeled out for a reaction.

this is a pretty poor display from alleged professional sportsman. commentators are a right miserable lot

102/5, Cooke and Root, definitely doable, b100dy hate defeatists

Cooke looking good, got what looked like a questionable decision to me. Looked outside the line for lbw, and seemed to miss the bat. Bit of an either or appeal and the umpire gave it

And now it's over

dodgy umpire

Kellaway gone. 7 down. The end is nigh.

Dismal effort, not been following country cricket as much in recent years but has the Worcester wicket been problematic recently? Used to have a good track there