+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 217 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 5617

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: GLAMMY

Weather looking to ruin the Middx game at Lord's.

Amazingly they’ved started and we’re fielding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43181

They’re 34-2

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Amazingly they’ved started and we’re fielding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43181

They’re 34-2
    England test player dawid malan at the crease now.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    England test player dawid malan at the crease now.
    Not any more - 64-3.

They want it all over by tomorrow, so they can go to the game on Sunday.

Effectively 37 all out in the second session and Edward Bevan didn’t think they batted badly.

19 wickets in a day. Wow. Should finish tea time tomorrow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Effectively 37 all out in the second session and Edward Bevan didn’t think they batted badly.
    In fairness Glamorgan did almost as well with the ball. Similar picture at other grounds today as well. Good luck to batsman trying to build an innings in these conditions! And we wonder why we can’t find test players to do it? Will always be a ‘freak’ like cook but apart from that it’s all one day players now.

Not a great advert for the pitch, and under it's 1st game, "newly" named Sophia Gardens.
    Has some shocking pitches in bygone years, looks like this one is another!

57 without loss too!

Darren Stevens said that nothing much happened for an hour, but then the ball started moving all over the place - that was the impression I got when I watched about twenty minutes play from about midday onwards, he was beating the bat three or four times an over and when I heard that Glamorgan had made it to lunch without losing a wicket, albeit at a very slow run rate, I thought they had done superbly. I then watched about half an hour of the Kent reply and thought that conditions may have eased a little because, although the bat was still being beaten pretty regularly, the ball was also locating the middle of the bat a lot more than it had been.

As others have said, it's been a strange start to the season - you expect seamers to prosper at this time of the year, but it's been ridiculous this season. As for an explanation, I'd say there are three possible ones - dodgy pitches, high quality bowling and poor batting. Probably the truth is that there has been something of a mixture of those three, but I'd put the last named as the major cause of it - pundits always talk about test matches and four day games "moving forward quickly" these days, but what they really mean is that more wickets have fallen than the bowling and conditions would indicate because so many batsman these days see flashy twenty somethings before they are dismissed having a swish as being acceptable somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Darren Stevens said that nothing much happened for an hour, but then the ball started moving all over the place - that was the impression I got when I watched about twenty minutes play from about midday onwards, he was beating the bat three or four times an over and when I heard that Glamorgan had made it to lunch without losing a wicket, albeit at a very slow run rate, I thought they had done superbly. I then watched about half an hour of the Kent reply and thought that conditions may have eased a little because, although the bat was still being beaten pretty regularly, the ball was also locating the middle of the bat a lot more than it had been.

As others have said, it's been a strange start to the season - you expect seamers to prosper at this time of the year, but it's been ridiculous this season. As for an explanation, I'd say there are three possible ones - dodgy pitches, high quality bowling and poor batting. Probably the truth is that there has been something of a mixture of those three, but I'd put the last named as the major cause of it - pundits always talk about test matches and four day games "moving forward quickly" these days, but what they really mean is that more wickets have fallen than the bowling and conditions would indicate because so many batsman these days see flashy twenty somethings before they are dismissed having a swish as being acceptable somehow.
    http://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html Live stream for today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I would add a fourth Paul. The weather has been cold and damp. More so than usual for this time of the year. Batting should be easier in the sunshine today....cue another Glamorgan collapse.

Glammy 167 in front with 4 wickets left. Making a decent go of it anyway. After being bowled out for less than a hundred in the first innings that’s a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Glammy 167 in front with 4 wickets left. Making a decent go of it anyway. After being bowled out for less than a hundred in the first innings that’s a good effort.
    They're 180-6 now in a one innings game - another hundred from the last four wickets would be handy. Murphy is not doing bad as an opener, but the unfortunate run out of Marsh when he was going so well looked like his fault to me and I can't help thinking it may turn out to be the decisive incident of the game.

193 lead with 1 wicket left. It makes Kent score more than they did in their first innings to win so it’s defibitely game on. Considering we were bowled out for 94 it shouldn’t be!

Another good start let’s hope the keep it up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43193

Another good start let’s hope the keep it up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43193
    I see Leicester won the toss and batted as well.

Leicester 157-7 now after being 67-6

In the end an excellent opening day and its really good to see Selman and Murphy getting the team off to some solid starts this season

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In the end an excellent opening day and its really good to see Selman and Murphy getting the team off to some solid starts this season
    Forgot to congratulate your mob on staying up Pearcey. Hope next season is a BIG improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Forgot to congratulate your mob on staying up Pearcey. Hope next season is a BIG improvement!
    Cheers mate. I’m not sure congratulations are due. We were very lucky not to go down.

Was listening to the commentary and it seems so many batsman were out attempting stupid shots. Seems they've got a 1 day mentality towards batting and not the tough it out boring stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Was listening to the commentary and it seems so many batsman were out attempting stupid shots. Seems they've got a 1 day mentality towards batting and not the tough it out boring stuff.
    I've said before, the one day mentality has killed the 'proper' game.

I remember Matthew Maynard in his pomp having every shot in the book and he became a better player when he cut out most of them and concentrated on just a handful.
    Perhaps he'd do well to pass this experience on to his players.

The four and five day should be about not giving your wicket away.
    Pick the bad ball off as the bowler tries something different.
    Simples

Glammy we're in a great position to post a big score and force a win.
    Game's not over yet mind though Leics have their tails up.