+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 219 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 5652

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Thought Brown was tremendous for your lot considering he had a massive rebuilding job on his hands and nobody could stick around with him. Whole pavilion was bit gutted for him, he had an over left and didn't really need to play the shot he did.

Disappointing campaign for us, mostly thanks to two huge spankings. Oh well. See you lot for the T20!
    I can’t help but feel Surrey really underperform in the shorter forms of the game. Not sure why as you have a strong squad on paper.

Scotland just beat England in an ODI

Is it time Wales has a ODI/Twenty20 international team? Or even totally divorce itself and field a test team too like Ireland?

I can see both sides of the argument on this one, but my preference is to keep the current situation whereby Glamorgan (who play one game every season at Colwyn Bay) are representing Wales in the best level of domestic cricket in the UK - there's also a Wales team which competes, not very successfully, in the Minor Counties Championship.

It's not been tried, so it cannot be proved one way or another. but I don't believe a Wales cricket team, which would lead to the end of Glamorgan in it's current form, would be a success. For it to stand a chance of being so, a Wales cricket team would have to have test match status and/or consistently reach World 50 over and 20/20 Final tournaments and the competition among the second level of cricket playing countries is pretty intense - I don't think a Wales side operating with the sort of selection policy, say, Ireland have would be able to achieve that currently.

Also, the attendance for the single test match when Australia weren't the opposition was very disappointing and the crowds for the one day internationals played in Cardiff aren't great - there seems little appetite to watch top class cricket in this area and that would, surely, apply even more so if Wales opted to go it alone.

Only two days in and plenty of time for things to go wrong yet, but an under strength Glamorgan team are giving league leaders Warwickshire a much better game than I expected them to at Edgbaston - currently twenty five ahead with all second innings wickets intact.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only two days in and plenty of time for things to go wrong yet, but an under strength Glamorgan team are giving league leaders Warwickshire a much better game than I expected them to at Edgbaston - currently twenty five ahead with all second innings wickets intact.
    Yeah I did notice that last night but didn't want to put the mockers on it

As you say, plenty of time for us to blow it but the last couple of hours seeing off their tail cheaply and getting to the close still intact with a lead is encouraging.

Khawaja ton up

Nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nice to see
    Could be an interesting final day. Salter needs to show up. The wicket is taking spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Could be an interesting final day. Salter needs to show up. The wicket is taking spin.
    He’s taken 2 wickets so far

Get Bell out and we’ve got a chance..a slim one but a chance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43194

Lost by four wickets with Ian Bell, who, apparently, hadn't scored a century in the Championship for two years making the difference with a couple of them in the game. I think this wasn't a bad performance by a Glamorgan side missing two of their best bowlers and, hopefully, Salter can take some confidence from his four wickets.

Lost by four wickets with Ian Bell, who, apparently, hadn't scored a century in the Championship for two years making the difference with a couple of them in the game. I think this wasn't a bad performance by a Glamorgan side missing two of their best bowlers and, hopefully, Salter can take some confidence from his four wickets.
    Let’s hope so he also needs something to help his batting though.

Overall a decent effort but we needed to bat through the entire day yesterday. Bell made a big difference. Decent figures for Salter for the first time in an age.

Anyone heard of Prem Sisodiya? He's making his debut for Glamorgan today - 4-0 after they won the toss and decided to bat on what seems like a perfect bowl first day to me.

Anyone heard of Prem Sisodiya? He's making his debut for Glamorgan today - 4-0 after they won the toss and decided to bat on what seems like a perfect bowl first day to me.
    Played for Cardiff in local league cricket, chosen for the England U19 squad. First Welsh born player with 2 Asian parents to represent Glamorgan. Bowls left arm spin, is seen as an all rounder, but i feel his batting ability may be below the likes of say a Salter at the moment.

We’re 52-5 looks like you were right regarding bowling first Bob

We’re 52-5 looks like you were right regarding bowling first Bob
    Yep. It’s an overcast, heavy day. Perfect for swing bowling and Hogan opts to bat.
    I’m all for playing younger players but there has to be a balance and it’s not there. We need a couple more senior players in the team but the cupboard is bare.

I must say I had to google him as I'd never heard of him.
    I suppose it gives Hugh Morris the excuse for our abysmal start (again!) that we are blooding youngsters.

Decent recovery 256-8 even Salter is chipping in

Decent recovery 256-8 even Salter is chipping in
    Agree It was, but 283 all out I see with them 28 for no wicket.
    It's a beautiful sunny day out there and I fear a long innings could be on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree It was, but 283 all out I see with them 28 for no wicket.
    It's a beautiful sunny day out there and I fear a long innings could be on the cards.
    Derbyshire will rack up a big lead here. Another defeat looms

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Derbyshire will rack up a big lead here. Another defeat looms
    Unfortunately, I think you are right. Michael Hogan will, I hope, be remembered as one of Glamorgan's better overseas players, but he's made some odd decisions when winning the toss during his time as captain.

Derby were 357-5 and Glamorgan were looking at that big deficit Pearcey mentioned, but they lost their last five wickets for five runs with debutant Sisodiya getting three of them and Salter getting his second four for in consecutive innings in the Championship - Glamorgan 31-0 in their second innings.

Looks like we've averted a drubbing and should salvage a draw... provided we bat sensibly that is!
    Currently 46-1.
    Cracking debut by the youngster Sisodiya.