+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 218 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5624

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

317-8 100 partnership for Wagg and Carey. Seems likely that the wicket is not doing a lot so hopefully we can get to 350 and then see what happens. A draw the most likely result.

321-8, Wagg 52 and Carey 41 in a partnership worth 104 at the moment.

Agree about Wagg's batting, he's been in good form this season and his reward is being dropped down the order!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    317-8 100 partnership for Wagg and Carey. Seems likely that the wicket is not doing a lot so hopefully we can get to 350 and then see what happens. A draw the most likely result.
    the wickets doing a fair bit. Carey's swinging hard, been dropped and had a fair few edges. We batted well yesterday in challenging conditions. derbyshire look a bit disheartened now and the 2 batsman are going hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    the wickets doing a fair bit. Carey's swinging hard, been dropped and had a fair few edges. We batted well yesterday in challenging conditions. derbyshire look a bit disheartened now and the 2 batsman are going hard.
    Just based my assumption on the Nos 9 and 10 both having the top scores of the innings although I hear what you say about Wagg and his position in the batting lineup. Will have to wait to see hoe Derbyshire bat.

150 partnership, 368-8 with Wagg 86, Carey 51.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Just based my assumption on the Nos 9 and 10 both having the top scores of the innings although I hear what you say about Wagg and his position in the batting lineup. Will have to wait to see hoe Derbyshire bat.
    Totally agree, the amount of starts up the order plus the scores by 9/10 suggest a good pitch. The amount of Nicks and plays and misses suggest there may be something in it. Hopefully if there is something to be found, Hogan and Carey can exploit it early on

Wagg 100, 384-8.

Caught the ball after reaching his century, on the boundary going for another 6. Couple of overs of carnage from Carey and Hogan with bat , followed by a couple of wickets each before tea would be nice

So close to maximum batting points great effort. Sadly the bowlers not getting much joy though

Maybe the pitch is a bit flat!! seems that yesterday was a lot tougher to bat than today. Hopefully we can get 3 or 4 wickets tomorrow morning and get back on the front foot

Wagg needs to be coming in at 6 or 7

Not such a good day - not takena wicket all day! Grammy could end up chasing a total on the last day to save the game

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Not such a good day - not takena wicket all day! Grammy could end up chasing a total on the last day to save the game
    Derby could get in a position to set a total of about 200/250 in the last session and see if they get lucky.

504-4 at the close, Derby can win this, but it looks like another very flat pitch for a home four day game.

This should still be a draw though. The weather forecast suggests there may be a delayed start. I would have thought Derbyshire would want to build a lead of 200 and try and bowl Glammy out inside two sessions. That’s a big ask and Glammy have enough in form batsmen to see it through.

Poor captaincy from Lloyd today. Owen Morgan has only bowled ten overs and yet was the most economical. Surely on a flat track you don’t flog the pace bowlers and give the spinner a decent go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This should still be a draw though. The weather forecast suggests there may be a delayed start. I would have thought Derbyshire would want to build a lead of 200 and try and bowl Glammy out inside two sessions. That’s a big ask and Glammy have enough in form batsmen to see it through.

Poor captaincy from Lloyd today. Owen Morgan has only bowled ten overs and yet was the most economical. Surely on a flat track you don’t flog the pace bowlers and give the spinner a decent go.
    I was listening to the start of the Derbyshire innings on Wednesday and, quite rightly it seemed to me, the commentators were having a go at Lloyd for setting fields which were too attacking. There were five slips for Hogan when he opened the bowling and, untypically for him, his first three overs went for twenty nine runs as our opponents were allowed to get off to a flying start - in particular, Godelman, who had been in awful form this season in the four day game but now finds himself 211 not out.

Glammy going like a train. 44 wanted with 9 wickets in hand.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44873

Match drawn, Glamorgan finishing up on 184-2 on another poor home pitch where the balance between bat and ball was way too much in favour of the former.

They did poorly in the first innings for that many batsmen to have got in and none of them made a decent score until the tail. Probably would still hav been drawn, but you never know what a bit if scoreboard pressure could have done

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They did poorly in the first innings for that many batsmen to have got in and none of them made a decent score until the tail. Probably would still hav been drawn, but you never know what a bit if scoreboard pressure could have done
    Glamorgan lost their first eight wickets for 217 which looked a decent score to me in what would nine times out of ten have been bowler friendly conditions. After that though, nine wickets fell for 959 runs in the last two and a half days - I reckon the only way there would have been a positive result is if both sides were willing to declare in all of the first three innings of the game and sides just don't do that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan lost their first eight wickets for 217 which looked a decent score to me in what would nine times out of ten have been bowler friendly conditions. After that though, nine wickets fell for 959 runs in the last two and a half days - I reckon the only way there would have been a positive result is if both sides were willing to declare in all of the first three innings of the game and sides just don't do that these days.
    Yep.

So a tame draw as expected. Sad news that Jack Murphy has had to retire before his career had really gotten going.

Decent fightback.by Glamorgan today after Gloucester scored 168-1 after being put in yesterday. They were all out for 313 with three wickets each for Hogan and Wagg and Glamorgan are 35-0 in reply.

Turning into a fantastic day. Glam 145/1 now. In the Sussex and Durham game eckersley and Bancroft have taken Durham from 90/5 to 248/5. Wins for us and Durham would be huge for our promotion chances