+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 218 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5636

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Glammy have already surpassed their points total from last season with six games to go. Last season they managed just 92 points.
    Was just about to say the same thing. Almost doubled our batting bonus points aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Was just about to say the same thing. Almost doubled our batting bonus points aswell.
    Wonderful stuff. Cracking team spirit and another win. This morning didn't really believe we would win but when glos were 4 down I had an inkling but to see it through was fantastic. At last an overseas player delivering with runs. And how well has hogan bowled in this match. Back to hogan of a few summers ago. Come on glammy!!

"cracking team spirit" is exactly my thoughts.
    No superstar overseas player. Everyone playing for the team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's something I don't anyone would have predicted in the four day game going into July. I thought Glamorgan's chance had gone when play was called off early yesterday, but that was a great bowling performance to leave us with a not too demanding target. Home to Worcestershire on Sunday in the first match at Cardiff in ages, let's hope it's a better pitch than the one against Northants in April.
    Totally agree about the pitch. With the form and confidence the team have at present it would be nice to see a result wicket for the next game. Hopefully Durham can finish off Sussex Tomorrow, then carry their performance into their game with Lancashire next week

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Yesterday's highlights -
    https://youtu.be/lNZSWva9-xc
    Thanks Clive, just watched the highlights of all four days - Lloyd's current batting stance and technique looks doomed to fail to me, both of his dismissals looked awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    "cracking team spirit" is exactly my thoughts.
    No superstar overseas player. Everyone playing for the team
    Surely Marnus qualifies as a superstar! Best batsman in the country so far this season, and that 80 yesterday was massive in winning us the game. But very true about the whole team playing well, we've had a lot of players putting their hands up when needed this year. Cullen and Douthwaite are the 2 massive surprises for me, they've been fantastic. Would be great to stay top for the rest of the year

Sussex looking on their way to defeat at 160-7.

Sussex looking on their way to defeat at 160-7.
    Huge result for us. leaves us around 20 points clear of 3rd place, and 34 ahead of 3rd.

Come on then glammy. Real test today against a very good side.

Charlie Hemphrey is missing from this game because his wife is expecting a baby, so Owen Morgan moves up to open with Nick Selman - decent start for Glamorgan on 33-0 after being put in to bat.

There's a live stream of the game here if anyone's interested;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream

Charlie Hemphrey is missing from this game because his wife is expecting a baby, so Owen Morgan moves up to open with Nick Selman - decent start for Glamorgan on 33-0 after being put in to bat.

There's a live stream of the game here if anyone's interested;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream
    As soon as i followed the link 80 without loss then Morgan out!
    Gonna turn over and watch England v India!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    As soon as i followed the link 80 without loss then Morgan out!
    Gonna turn over and watch England v India!
    I switched on the England game and saw Bairstow out to the second ball I watched and then Selman went to the first ball I saw as I started watching Glamorgan after lunch - it's been happening to me all season, if you're in the field struggling to make a breakthrough, all you got to do is call me and I'll take a wicket for you in no time!

Glamorgan 183-2.

I switched on the England game and saw Bairstow out to the second ball I watched and then Selman went to the first ball I saw as I started watching Glamorgan after lunch - it's been happening to me all season, if you're in the field struggling to make a breakthrough, all you got to do is call me and I'll take a wicket for you in no time!

Glamorgan 183-2.

290-2 Labuschagne 105, Lloyd 66 and looking good for maximum batting points, but is this shaping up to be another Cardiff road like the one we had against Northants?

Glamorgan 183-2.

Thanks for the update, I ain't looking!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Thanks for the update, I ain't looking!
    I was listening and feeling very happy and comfortable.

I went away to make a mug of tea - and came back to a batting collapse! 295-5 FFS!

Where did that come from?

[QUOTE=jon1959;4983572]I was listening and feeling very happy and comfortable.

I went away to make a mug of tea - and came back to a batting collapse! 295-5 FFS!

Where did that come from?[/QUOT

And then Lloyd out right at the death. Need another 100 from last 4 tomorrow. 450 always a reasonable 1st innings total. Disappointing finish but decent day overall.

Just returned from the game. A thoroughly enjoyable day.
    Morgan started the more impressive as Selman was scratching around and playing and missing to Leach. After about an hour Selman got his timing right and played well. Morgan started to get a bit bogged down but overall he should be pleased with how he did.

Labuschagne is a much wristier batsman than I expected. He plays some shots late and is a fine cutter of the ball. Gutted for David Lloyd. He battled well from the off and looked very comfortable. A real shame he didn’t get a century.

D’Oliveira did bowl well so Lloyd needs to give Morgan a chance as on a wearing pitch on day four it will be tricky to bat on. Hopefully we can get to 450 tomorrow. Anything less would be disappointing from 293/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just returned from the game. A thoroughly enjoyable day.
    Morgan started the more impressive as Selman was scratching around and playing and missing to Leach. After about an hour Selman got his timing right and played well. Morgan started to get a bit bogged down but overall he should be pleased with how he did.

Labuschagne is a much wristier batsman than I expected. He plays some shots late and is a fine cutter of the ball. Gutted for David Lloyd. He battled well from the off and looked very comfortable. A real shame he didn’t get a century.

D’Oliveira did bowl well so Lloyd needs to give Morgan a chance as on a wearing pitch on day four it will be tricky to bat on. Hopefully we can get to 450 tomorrow. Anything less would be disappointing from 293/2.
    I guess 449 is close enough.

The tail wagged again ( with the exception of Wagg!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I guess 449 is close enough.

The tail wagged again ( with the exception of Wagg!!)
    They've got to be pleased to have got that many after Wagg went so early - batting wasn't easy against Carey and Hogan for Worcester either as they made it to 6-0 at lunch.

Not too bothered about the batting side losing wickets when I'm watching this time - Worcester have lost two wickets in the ten minutes or so I've been looking at the stream and they're 139-4.

Not too bothered about the batting side losing wickets when I'm watching this time - Worcester have lost two wickets in the ten minutes or so I've been looking at the stream and they're 139-4.
    Been checking through the day and was a bit concerned that it was taking a while to get the first wicket. Looking ok now after the initial breakthrough 👍

Worcester 183-5 at the close of play.

Worcester 183-5 at the close of play.
    Stop leaving early Paul, it’s 191-5😂😂😂