+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 221 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Embarrassing all around tonight...

At least I don't have to shell out for Finals Day tickets...and our City fans don't have to travel to Scunthorpe...(those are the only positives I've scraped together in the last 30 mins.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Embarrassing all around tonight...

At least I don't have to shell out for Finals Day tickets...and our City fans don't have to travel to Scunthorpe...(those are the only positives I've scraped together in the last 30 mins.)
    Whilst I've not been to Finals Day it does look pretty fun on TV, even if you're a neutral. Can't beat it when the Hollies stand is rocking after several beers

Just got home. As I feared our hopelessly out of form batsmen would not be up to it but even by their standards that was embarrassing. Thank God for 'feed the snake'
    Season over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just got home. As I feared our hopelessly out of form batsmen would not be up to it but even by their standards that was embarrassing. Thank God for 'feed the snake'
    Season over.
    Pathetic, woeful display and that squad needs a good clean out and a new captain.

Mark Wallace is now for the glue factory with a few others not far behind.

That display will cost the club dearly as a lot of people won't pay good money to watch that shite.

Hope my golf at Llanishen is better in the morning!

didn't even manage to find one of the hats they were giving away.

At least I managed to sneak a bottle of wine in.

I think Hugh Morris needs to have that difficult conversation with Rudolph. It will hinder the club if Rudolph is there again next season.
    There are also players who perhaps need to be offloaded including Cosker and Salter. The latter has been a huge disappointment having promised so much 3/4 years ago.
    I have been a big Mark Wallace fan. Top man and a great keeper over the years. His batting is now very scratchy though. Cooke was his obvious replacement but with his back problems it may well be that he cannot keep wicket again.

The likes of Donald and Lloyd show promise but are both really struggling at the moment. They will need to be a lot more consistent next season if they want to progress.
    Wagg and Meschede have been very disappointing in T20 and one day cricket. Neither take many wickets in the four day stuff.
    I hope Tait doesn't come back. No surprise that he was no better than the rest of the bowling attack in stark contrast to Steyn. Once Steyn left and Cooke was injured the performance level in the shorter formats dropped off a cliff.

So another poor season. This will surprise no one.

Glamorgan were unlucky that their reward for a very good qualifying campaign was a quarter final against the best team in the country and they did very well to peg the total they had to chase back after it looked like Yorkshire would be getting something like 220. However, the truth is that I gave up on the game as soon as Yorkshire got to 150, because Glamorgan are just not good enough with the bat to chase anything more than that against any half way decent attack.

In fact, having been bowled out for less than a hundred in our last two innings, I'm probably being about fifty runs too generous there. The season's not been a disaster, but we have been over reliant on batsmen number six to ten for ages now and I'm not convinced that any of the young spinners who've played for the first team lately will be good enough to sustain a long career in the game - with Ingram now just a one day batsmen it seems, Wallace being used in a position well above his current batting level, Cooke's future as wicketkeeper uncertain and our so called best batsman having a truly woeful campaign, we look a very brittle outfit indeed.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 12-08-16 at 03:10.

Having switched back and for between the cricket and football all evening it couldn't have been worse if City had played Yorkshire and Glamorgan had popped over to play Rovers. Glamorgans display was embarrassing to say the least, while we are in for a long incredibly yawn fest of a winter having seen the bluebirds performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Surrey. Still in the 50 over comp and on a good county run
    Sound.

Why are you on here?.

I think Hugh Morris needs to have that difficult conversation with Rudolph. It will hinder the club if Rudolph is there again next season.
    There are also players who perhaps need to be offloaded including Cosker and Salter. The latter has been a huge disappointment having promised so much 3/4 years ago.
    I have been a big Mark Wallace fan. Top man and a great keeper over the years. His batting is now very scratchy though. Cooke was his obvious replacement but with his back problems it may well be that he cannot keep wicket again.

The likes of Donald and Lloyd show promise but are both really struggling at the moment. They will need to be a lot more consistent next season if they want to progress.
    Wagg and Meschede have been very disappointing in T20 and one day cricket. Neither take many wickets in the four day stuff.
    I hope Tait doesn't come back. No surprise that he was no better than the rest of the bowling attack in stark contrast to Steyn. Once Steyn left and Cooke was injured the performance level in the shorter formats dropped off a cliff.

So another poor season. This will surprise no one.
    Agree with your summing up, we've mentioned Rudolph's captaincy on here a few times but what do you think about Croft's coaching? To be far to him he's not got much to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Sound.

Why are you on here?.
    Love all things CCMB, m8

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Agree with your summing up, we've mentioned Rudolph's captaincy on here a few times but what do you think about Croft's coaching? To be far to him he's not got much to work with.
    I think he has to be given three seasons. He faces a huge task to make the team competitive. There are some decent young players but there are too many journeymen playing alongside them.
    His biggest task at this stage is to sort out the Rudolph situation.

Glammy chasing 276 to win against Worcester, Wagg took 5-90 in Worcestershire 2nd innings.

Glammy chasing 276 to win against Worcester, Wagg took 5-90 in Worcestershire 2nd innings.
    Selman carries his bat in our last game and bags a pair in the next one, he's experiencing the contrasting fortunes of the opener's job very early in his career - 16-1,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Selman carries his bat in our last game and bags a pair in the next one, he's experiencing the contrasting fortunes of the opener's job very early in his career - 16-1,
    Sums up the erratic nature of the batting. Let's hope the likes of Lloyd,Donald and Rudolph turn up tomorrow.

Well Lloyd didn't turn up and Rudolph had to go early. Donald still there though as is young Owen Morgan 83 n/o.
    Nice and steady now lads plenty of time to knock off the required runs

Great knock by Owen Morgan today came in as night watchman, scores a ton, highest score for a Glamorgan night watchman, Glamorgan win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well Lloyd didn't turn up and Rudolph had to go early. Donald still there though as is young Owen Morgan 83 n/o.
    Nice and steady now lads plenty of time to knock off the required runs

Won by 5 wkts Owen Morgan 103* some form at last

Won by 5 wkts Owen Morgan 103* some form at last

Here we go the start of a big finish to the season.
    I wonder, can any of these kids score goals?

Although the batting has been suspect for most of the season, four young Glamorgan batsman have scored their debut hundreds in first class cricket this season (Lloyd, Donald, Selman and Morgan) - the first three named have been pretty inconsistent, but I'd say that overall, there's grounds for some cautious optimism there.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Great knock by Owen Morgan today came in as night watchman, scores a ton, highest score for a Glamorgan night watchman, Glamorgan win the game.
    Yes it was a great knock because he stuck it out and showed the determination and concentration so often lacking in our senior players. He deserves a lot of credit. In the end a very good win. I fear Andrew Salter doesn't have a future now as Morgan has overtaken him. Good to see Carey contributing too.
    We should now finish above Derbyshire and possibly a couple of others.
    As Paul suggests there are grounds for some cautious optimism

Just a word on Dean Cosker who made his Glammy debut when John Major was still in power. A totally loyal player who always gave the club his best. A canny bowler in one day cricket.
    I hope he has a great retirement.

Just a word on Dean Cosker who made his Glammy debut when John Major was still in power. A totally loyal player who always gave the club his best. A canny bowler in one day cricket.

Hear hear.
    I shall never forget that momentous day in Taunton and in particular his fresh face beaming with delight. He looked like a little boy.
    It was always going to be downhill after that for the lad being a County Championship winner!
    Cheers Deano great servant, servant have a happy retirement

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hear hear.
    I shall never forget that momentous day in Taunton and in particular his fresh face beaming with delight. He looked like a little boy.
    It was always going to be downhill after that for the lad being a County Championship winner!
    Cheers Deano great servant, servant have a happy retirement
    Yes I remember that game so well. There had been some stoppages for rain but Maynard got on with it and in the end the Championship was one. Dean was the last one left from that squad and as you say it has to be downhill from there.