+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 218 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 5646

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: GLAMMY

Is there some special reason there is no glamorgan game for a whole week? Or have I misread the fixtures,

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there some special reason there is no glamorgan game for a whole week? Or have I misread the fixtures,
    Glammy have been constantly playing over the past six weeks and as a consequence have played more games than most in their division. They were due a break.

Interesting, and unexpected, addition to Glamorgan's coaching staff for the upcoming T20 matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa4u...em-uploademail

Glos heading to a win, Derby too. How on earth are Middlesex this bad?

Ladies Wimbledon Final apart, not a great day for sports watching really today, so I'll spend some of it watching Glamorgan's latest four day match against Middlesex who are batting after winning the toss - Middlesex 20-0 and Glamorgan set for a long day in the field if earlier matches at the ground are anything to go by;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream

Maybe I was wrong about a long day in the field? Middlesex 35-2 with a couple of wickets for Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I was wrong about a long day in the field? Middlesex 35-2 with a couple of wickets for Carey.
    No you were right, the lower order doing some damage for Middlesex. Best we can hope for is another draw already then!

Not a good day and getting worse.

Jeez getting much worse at 24/4

Really good performance so far today. Seem to have really lacked intensity yesterday, but nice to see a good partnership and the fight back in the team today. Long way to go and we're still in trouble, but a big partnership from Cooke and Lloyd would be a huge help

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Really good performance so far today. Seem to have really lacked intensity yesterday, but nice to see a good partnership and the fight back in the team today. Long way to go and we're still in trouble, but a big partnership from Cooke and Lloyd would be a huge help
    You spoke too soon

I take that back 😂😂. Really poor from Glamorgan

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I take that back ����. Really poor from Glamorgan
    This has been the first four day game all season where we've played at something like 2018's miserable standards and, although our record in the 50 over competition wasn't great, we were competitive in that tournament throughout. We've generally had Middlesex's measure in the one day stuff in recent years, but play them in the four day stuff and they always dominate us. None of us would have been expecting a promotion challenge which is going to go into the last month of the campaign back in April, so I'm not going to get too critical about what is happening in our latest match.

This has been the first four day game all season where we've played at something like 2018's miserable standards and, although our record in the 50 over competition wasn't great, we were competitive in that tournament throughout. We've generally had Middlesex's measure in the one day stuff in recent years, but play them in the four day stuff and they always dominate us. None of us would have been expecting a promotion challenge which is going to go into the last month of the campaign back in April, so I'm not going to get too critical about what is happening in our latest match.
    Talk about bubble bursting. After being unbeaten to this point we have been trounced. But like you i am not going to be negative but write this one off as the bad game and cross fingers. The 2 late flourishes in both Middlesex innings for wickets 7-10 are killers. Got to stop that next game.

Thought we'd turned the corner with our bowlers learning how to kill off the tail in quick time but then again, I'm not going to be too critical..... etc

148/8. Heading for our first Championship defeat of the season

It probably won’t make a difference to the end result but yet again Middlesex’s last pair have put on a huge score - another 80 runs. Only 550 runs or so to win then 😄

Some entertaining hitting by the tail today, but it's our first Championship defeat of the season - next up leaders Lancashire at Colwyn Bay in mid August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44911

Some entertaining hitting by the tail today, but it's our first Championship defeat of the season - next up leaders Lancashire at Colwyn Bay in mid August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44911

I hope I am not being too much of a defeatist, but we have a tough final run in with 4 games left.
    It would not surprise me if we ended up 4th

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I hope I am not being too much of a defeatist, but we have a tough final run in with 4 games left.
    It would not surprise me if we ended up 4th
    I'd like to think we could stagger over the line with a couple of backs to the wall performances but I fear for us up north at Colwyn Bay.

Lancs will win the division. The two other promotion places are up for grabs. We have lost our buffer over the chasing pack and with Labuschagne it’s going to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lancs will win the division. The two other promotion places are up for grabs. We have lost our buffer over the chasing pack and with Labuschagne it’s going to be difficult.
    I'd back us to beat Leicester given decent weather and, hopefully, Worcester and Durham's promotion hopes may be diminished by the time we play them.

Any coverage for tonights T20 vs The Wurzels ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Any coverage for tonights T20 vs The Wurzels ?
    Don't think so - Glamorgan 56-0 after four overs.

Don't think so - Glamorgan 56-0 after four overs.
    Yes thanks, following on the clubs website, Lloyds actually in double figures with SIX fours !!