+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 223 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    351-6 - Root 183, Cullen 52, both career bests.
    Impressive stuff from the young batsmen

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Another poor performance by Tom Cullen, told you all he was rubbish 😂😂😂
    Career best 63 for Cullen, you were right all along - he's obviously rubbish 😂🤣.
    Root now on 212 not out whilst his brother hit a ton v Pakistan.

452-9 at the close of play, Root out for 229. Also, Glamorgan have signed Mitchell Marsh as their second overseas player for the T20.

I think of myself as a real fan of the four day Championship game, but, even I struggle to find anything positive to say about the days play at Edgbaston yesterday where Warwickshire batted all day to score just one hundred and eighty one runs off ninety three overs. The fact that they only lost three wickets (one of them a run out) in doing so, suggests that it was a good pitch, but Dominic Sibley, who batted all day (three hundred and sixty five minutes) and faced two hundred and sixty four balls in scoring eighty one not out appears to think it's a minefield!

The longer version of the county game appeals to the nerd in me and, in it's way, that was a fascinating example of the oddities it can come up with.

Hogan and van de gugten putting the boot in now. 3 sizes between them. hopefully we can get a few wickets before the rain comes today

50 for Michael Hogan as he and van der Gugten have put on an unbroken 91 for the last wicket - 543-9, a lead of 334 for Glamorgan.

547 all out.

50 for Michael Hogan as he and van der Gugten have put on an unbroken 91 for the last wicket - 543-9, a lead of 334 for Glamorgan.

547 all out.
    I know it is very early in the season but batting-wise this is some turnaround.
    Our tail has rarely wagged in recent seasons. In fact our head has rarely nodded!

I know he was there last season but since he has been given the reigns, it seems that Matt Maynard has certainly brought something more to the table.

I've not watched Glam at all this year yet and wondered if anybody has any inside knowledge of why things seem to be happening for the better.
    Is it simply that Maynard is a genius, are the players working harder or maybe just that Croft wasn't up to the task?

There definitely seems to be a more positive vibe around, on here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I know it is very early in the season but batting-wise this is some turnaround.
    Our tail has rarely wagged in recent seasons. In fact our head has rarely nodded!

I know he was there last season but since he has been given the reigns, it seems that Matt Maynard has certainly brought something more to the table.

I've not watched Glam at all this year yet and wondered if anybody has any inside knowledge of why things seem to be happening for the better.
    Is it simply that Maynard is a genius, are the players working harder or maybe just that Croft wasn't up to the task?

There definitely seems to be a more positive vibe around, on here anyway.
    There has been quite a change around at the club.Then policy of bringing in Hemphrey and especially Root have strengthened the batting order and our overseas signing Labuschangne has also fired. This means the bowlers are tired and the ball is older when the tail is batting.

This will also lead to scoreboard pressure when the team is bowling and they can try more things, put fielders in more attacking positions.

Maynard is an accomplished County coach, and im sure he is bring something to the table for all our established and younger players.

547 all out.
    Should win this tomorrow providing weather does not wash out the play

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Should win this tomorrow providing weather does not wash out the play
    Think it’s likely to end in a draw. It’s a flat track so nothing in it for the pace bowlers and we don’t have a decent spinner. Still will end up with a healthy number of points from the game

Both Northants openers out in the first four overs this morning - 72-2.

Hogan takes his second, and glamorgan's third. Glamorgan on the March!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I think Wagg was left out because he's injured.
    Didn't realise he was injured, hopefully he'll be back soon.

165-5, four wickets for Hogan.

165-6, wicket for DeLange.

172-7, another wicket for DeLange - five catches for Cullen.

8 down now

9 down. Nearly there.

Must be great being a bowler when you've got runs on the board, or even people in the team who can get you runs. Especially So on what seems to be a flat pitch.
    Go Go Glammy!!

Edit:
    I notice one of their guys is absent injured so I think that's it.

It's over!!! Huge win for glamorgan. I reckon we win the league this year. The 3 new batsman have been fantastic, Douthwaite looks like a brilliant find, and de lange is fit again. Very impressive first 11 with a bit of strength in depth aswell

Top 3 get promoted. Good news for the "unfashionable" teams like Glammy, Glos and Derby who have handy outfits.

Wow, it's been some time since we've seen that. Looks good though, even if only for a day!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It's over!!! Huge win for glamorgan. I reckon we win the league this year. The 3 new batsman have been fantastic, Douthwaite looks like a brilliant find, and de lange is fit again. Very impressive first 11 with a bit of strength in depth aswell
    Win the league?
    You do remember this is Glamorgan we are talking about?

Let’s hope they can keep it up, a good all round performance here