+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 221 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Looking like our T20 season is before before it even got going. We will be bottom of the table.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO45157

What’s going on

Feels good to smash you lot on our own turf for once

Re: GLAMMYill

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

40/8. That’s pathetic. Three very poor T20 performances on the back of a hammering in the County Championship. The batsmen are struggling. Ingram is not the player he was it seems. Root is in dreadful form and needs to be dropped. Cooke came back into the side ahead of Cullen who was batting better than him.
    It’s a bit of a mess.

total embarassment and naive to say the least

Tomorrow should be a laugh then.

They need a rocket after that humiliation.

44 all out at the oval!!! Oops best concentrate on the 4 day game

40/8. That’s pathetic. Three very poor T20 performances on the back of a hammering in the County Championship. The batsmen are struggling. Ingram is not the player he was it seems. Root is in dreadful form and needs to be dropped. Cooke came back into the side ahead of Cullen who was batting better than him.
    It’s a bit of a mess.
    Cooke got a 2nd XI century before coming back in. How many of those has Cullen got to his name? How many catches did Cullen drop during his time in the first XI? Cooke averages 15 higher than Cullen in the County Championship this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Cooke got a 2nd XI century before coming back in. How many of those has Cullen got to his name? How many catches did Cullen drop during his time in the first XI? Cooke averages 15 higher than Cullen in the County Championship this year.
    Yes he does have a higher average although Cooke has only played three matches in the Championship. Let’s see what his batting average is after 7 or 8 games. I have always rated Cooke but Cullen should not have been dropped when he was making a number of important contributions.

Yes he does have a higher average although Cooke has only played three matches in the Championship. Let’s see what his batting average is after 7 or 8 games. I have always rated Cooke but Cullen should not have been dropped when he was making a number of important contributions.
    Should have stayed in as a batsman then. If it's a choice between Cullen and Cooke, Cooke wins hands down. Cullen's keeping is very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Should have stayed in as a batsman then. If it's a choice between Cullen and Cooke, Cooke wins hands down. Cullen's keeping is very ordinary.
    Yes that would have been justified. Cooke is not in form with the bat at the moment though and I say that as one of his biggest supporters over the past 5 or 6 years. The batting is very fragile right now so changes need to be made starting with Root who is in very poor form.

Embarrassing this evening. Was going to buy my £15 ticket for tomorrow evening's game...but can't see myself bothering now. £20 on the day.

Whoever the marketing exec is there needs to give thier head a wobble. £20 a ticket on the day will see walk-up tickets at sub-2000 now even with the weather. We're out & they could be seeing 5000+ at the bars if they were sensible!!

Do we know why our club has such an apathy towards the crowds? Will "The 100" franchise thing help us/them??

Can't wait for the County Championship to begin in ernest in Sept now...

almost went to the oval but greedy feckers wanted £30 in advance. was considering aegeas and hove as well as home games but will play golf instead.

I think people need to take the conditions into account - i reckon they were perfect for Curran's swing and it seems like Surrey prepared a turning pitch figuring, correctly, that their spinners were better than ours. On that score, why isn't Ingram bowling and what is Morgan doing in the team?

Surprised Ingram didn't put himself in to bowl a little as well. Looks a little bit of a spent force with the bat, doubt the role he's had to play in the IPL has helped him or us in that regard. I was dreading de Lange's deliveries but FairPlay to him he bowled well tonight compared to the shellacking received the last two games.

Some great bowling and fielding by Glamorgan but the batting has been quite woeful for these t20 games. Chances of getting through to the knock outs are pretty much over so just hoping Labushagne doesn't get selected for the Ashes and we manage to get over the line in the championship now.

£20 on the day at Sophia Gardens is a far sight easier on the wallet than near £40 on the gate at the Oval! I don't live in South Wales anymore but got to the Middlesex game in the CC a few weeks ago and one thing they do need to sort out is the choices and prices at the bars, which I assume is the same for t20; shocking selection and prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Embarrassing this evening. Was going to buy my £15 ticket for tomorrow evening's game...but can't see myself bothering now. £20 on the day.

Whoever the marketing exec is there needs to give thier head a wobble. £20 a ticket on the day will see walk-up tickets at sub-2000 now even with the weather. We're out & they could be seeing 5000+ at the bars if they were sensible!!

Do we know why our club has such an apathy towards the crowds? Will "The 100" franchise thing help us/them??

£20 is cheap compared to others on the county championship and highlights Glamorgan issue where fans want a top side, but don't want to pay anything to watch it.

Glamorgan have done much cheaper tickets and we were not exactly packed to the rafters then.

The 100 and the side in Wales is very much a test to see if they can get numbers in Wales watching Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

I'm not disputing the gist of what you say but would lowering their prices as a carrot be profit related? Aren't the bars and food areas separate franchises just like down the City?

Regarding watching tonight, last night's embarrasment has made my mind up about going.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not disputing the gist of what you say but would lowering their prices as a carrot be profit related? Aren't the bars and food areas separate franchises just like down the City?

Regarding watching tonight, last night's embarrasment has made my mind up about going.
    A couple of season ago Glamorgan offered a T20 match for free, you simply had to apply for a ticket, the crowd was no larger than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    A couple of season ago Glamorgan offered a T20 match for free, you simply had to apply for a ticket, the crowd was no larger than usual.
    Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.
    The T20 are seen as events, we have 23 people coming down tonight and are looking forward to it.

Glamorgan fans are really fickle, so the powers that be have to budget their playing budget to accommodate this. T20 are the counties cash cow, and when even the club 40 miles down the road charge £5 more (advance and walk up) our fans seem to moan. The bigger clubs charge much more again.

Labuschagne made the cut for the aussie's squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Labuschagne made the cut for the aussie's squad.
    Probably the end of hopes for promotion in the county Championship then!

Fecked up at home tonight v M'sex, another bowler gets a hat trick. This team is pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Fecked up at home tonight v M'sex, another bowler gets a hat trick. This team is pony!
    We do seem to be in freefall after such a promising start.
    Perhaps the Maynard effect, the new manager bounce, has warn off?

Out of interest, were there many there tonight?