+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 80 of 217 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 5618

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

From Glam Twitter

WICKET! ☝️

What a start! Hogan strikes in the first over!

Mitchell strangles it down the leg-side and Cooke takes the tumbling catch to remove the Worcestershire talisman for a duck ��

Worcs 0/1

There you go. Something to cheer.

Great start

Another wicket for Hogan, 31-2.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another wicket for Hogan, 31-2.
    31-2 was also Pakistans contribution to the end of their innings in 2.4 overs this morning!

Worcester 210-3 - four and a half hours since the last message in this thread gives the hint that it's turning into a long day for Glamorgan!

Three wickets for Glamorgan this morning, trouble is, Worcester have got 418-6 - whatever happens though, Glamorgan will only be in the field for another six overs at most because teams can only bat for 120 overs at most in the first innings in this competition.

Worcs finish 455 for 8 at end of 120 overs - Glamorgan will have to bat well

After losing both openers quite cheaply, Glamorgan are going along quite nicely with Carlson (58) and Root (43) having put on over a hundred - 152-2.

Excellent fightback by Carlson and Root, still there at the close 181 for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Excellent fightback by Carlson and Root, still there at the close 181 for 2.
    Encouraging, need to keep building tomorrow.

Does the guy running about with the stump at the end of the Somerset innings post on here I ask myself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYpFWJoF6bY

Real lack of character in this glamorgan side, so nice to see the partnership take hold last night. Hopefully a result here will give the team some belief

Early wicket - Carlson out for 79. 185 for 3

The collapse is on - 203-6.

Wagg and Root have steadied things - follow on avoided with a lunch score of 257-6, but, even if we bat our remaining twenty nine overs, it looks like Worcester are going to have a substantial first innings lead.

Yes they have batted well and steadied things - 100 for Root

Very surprised Worcs are still batting here! Thought they would have declared ages ago and given us about 270 to chase.

Nightmare start!! 5-3

82-3 now.
    Root and Cooke steadying the ship.
    Still 270 odd to win though!

125-4 with a possible twelve overs left - I think Glamorgan may as well stop chasing the runs now

Match drawn with seven Glamorgan wickets down - Chris Cooke out just before the close for 74 did a lot to ensure we didn't lose, but it seems to me that we owe a lot to Worcester captain Leitch for delaying his declaration until after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Match drawn with seven Glamorgan wickets down - Chris Cooke out just before the close for 74 did a lot to ensure we didn't lose, but it seems to me that we owe a lot to Worcester captain Leitch for delaying his declaration until after lunch.
    Cheer up Bob!

We didn't lose.

If anyone else was wondering why Aneurin Donald isn't playing for Hampshire this season there's a recent article here on him.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/c...ckdown-2911958

Interesting to read Donald's thoughts about the Welsh Fire - I wonder if he'll eventually come back here? I still think James Harris could well end his career with us.

Not Glamorgan related, but, after probably the best few days of his life, a teenager learns a harsh lesson as to the world we now live in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53744203