+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 224 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5586

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Very disappointing end. 349 all out having looked like the draw was on. Robinson has had a very good match. Looks a good player.
    Second time the last four wickets have fallen really quickly - it's very encouraging that the young players are doing the business with the batting, it's the more experienced players who are the problem.

I think Maynard has stitched the lads up a bit there. Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think there were opportunities for Taylor and Douthwaite to start opening up a little bit and play their natural games. Obviously team orders seemed to be block everything.

With the extension , there were just too many overs left in the day for that to really have much chance of happening. If we'd let Douthwaite especially play his natural game, maybe there would have been a chance of a total harder to chase.

Positive to see the young lads standing up and playing good innings though

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Second time the last four wickets have fallen really quickly - it's very encouraging that the young players are doing the business with the batting, it's the more experienced players who are the problem.
    I didn’t really understand the tactics at the end.We don’t seem to shield the tailenders at all. Been like this for years.

I didn’t really understand the tactics at the end.We don’t seem to shield the tailenders at all. Been like this for years.
    I suppose Van de gugten and weighell would have a legitimate claim to consider themselves as competent as Taylor. Totally agree with you though In terms of taking a single to leave Hogan with 3 balls to face. I think Taylor looked a bit torn between still batting for time, and the realisation that he was dow to his last partner. A lot of pressure on a young batsman I suppose

Good god. I didn't realise Robinson had a nine for. That's one hell of an effort. Sussex one down early but too much to ask from our bowlers to claw a victory I guess

The number of mistakes Edward Bevan makes on commentary is staggering.

I haven't listened to a Glammy match for years. I was a regular on Sunday afternoon but stopped mainly because of Eddie (call me Edward) Bevan's awful commentary. I started to add up the number of mistakes he made. It was appalling. He must have something on the BBC to have kept him on so long.
    Ps I also found him quite rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I haven't listened to a Glammy match for years. I was a regular on Sunday afternoon but stopped mainly because of Eddie (call me Edward) Bevan's awful commentary. I started to add up the number of mistakes he made. It was appalling. He must have something on the BBC to have kept him on so long.
    Ps I also found him quite rude.
    Do you remember Wilf Wooller doing the commentary? Now he could be rude but he was certainly a larger tha life character.

Inevitable comfortable defeat

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Inevitable comfortable defeat
    Frustrating really. Carlson, Taylor and Douthwaite had done most of the hard work. Had they batted for another hour the game would have been safe(assuming a decent run rate).

"Just a single...Oh, it's 6!"

Club cricketer who sounds like the great Don Shepherd. I can't stand it when he is commentating, it's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Do you remember Wilf Wooller doing the commentary? Now he could be rude but he was certainly a larger tha life character.
    And whatever else he was a very good sportsman at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    "Just a single...Oh, it's 6!"

Club cricketer who sounds like the great Don Shepherd. I can't stand it when he is commentating, it's embarrassing.
    I really dislike his commentary too. I watched at various stages today and his inability to confirm the correct score and lead was embarrassing.

I really dislike his commentary too. I watched at various stages today and his inability to confirm the correct score and lead was embarrassing.
    I'm sure I heard them say at some point in the match that they were commentating without being able to see a scoreboard? Why they didn't just have a look at the BBC website live scorecard I'm not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I'm sure I heard them say at some point in the match that they were commentating without being able to see a scoreboard? Why they didn't just have a look at the BBC website live scorecard I'm not sure!
    Exactly.

Looking forward to seeing James Harris, who has joined us on a fortnight's loan, playing for Glamorgan again - not the bowler he was it seems, but I saw him score a very good hundred in a one day game for Middlesex a couple of years ago, so I'd say his batting, which was always good technically, has come on. I'm sure it won't happen, but I think he'd be a good opener for us if he was given a run of games in that position to get used to it.

Encouraging signs of some strength in depth at Glamorgan, the second team followed up their win in their opening four day game at Somerset, by going to Lancashire and beating them by ten wickets today after bowling them out for 64 this afternoon.

Agreed encouraging signs, two wins out of two for the 2nds with some excellent individual performances.
    Joe Cooke and Roman Walker have been called up to the first team squad for the game v Northants starting tomorrow.

Sounds promising. Overall a decent start to the season. Just need Selman to start posting some decent scores and the openers sticking around.

Joe Cooke scored a hundred opening for the 2nds, so he possibly may get the nod instead of Selman tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing James Harris, who has joined us on a fortnight's loan, playing for Glamorgan again - not the bowler he was it seems, but I saw him score a very good hundred in a one day game for Middlesex a couple of years ago, so I'd say his batting, which was always good technically, has come on. I'm sure it won't happen, but I think he'd be a good opener for us if he was given a run of games in that position to get used to it.
    A fortnight's loan you say? Is this a normal practice - can't say I re-call loans a short as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    A fortnight's loan you say? Is this a normal practice - can't say I re-call loans a short as this?
    I was surprised by it as well, but I think the two Australian players will be available after our next couple of games and so I suppose Glamorgan wouldn’t need Harris once they’re available.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Joe Cooke scored a hundred opening for the 2nds, so he possibly may get the nod instead of Selman tomorrow
    It would be strange to take an opening batsman out of a second team game to join the seniors and then for him not to play, but Selman’s still in the squad - maybe Selman has some sort of injury and Cooke’s been called up as a precaution?

It would be strange to take an opening batsman out of a second team game to join the seniors and then for him not to play, but Selman’s still in the squad - maybe Selman has some sort of injury and Cooke’s been called up as a precaution?
    Possibly, we shall see tomorrow morning - whoever plays hopefully they’ll get some runs and help Glamorgan to a positive result

Glamorgan have lost the toss and been put into bat (for the third time in three matches!) and are currently 9-0.

A live stream can be watched on the club website;-

https://glamorgancricket.com/northam...21/live-stream