+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

88-2 with Lloyd 60 not out - Selman bowled playing no shot for less than twenty again and another failure for Balbirnie.

Finished 324-7 with an unbeaten hundred for Cooke and fifties for Lloyd and Carlson.

Cooke has always been a very talented player but rarely scores centuries. He already has two this season. Lloyd finding form. Carlson doing very well. Douthwaite also doing well. We won’t miss Balbirnie when Marnus arrives

A good session for Glamorgan, they batted on to reach 407 with Cooke last out for 136 and Northants are 17-2 at lunch in reply - Weighell's already done a lot better than in his first match by scoring 18 and then running out a Northants batsman with a great pick up and direct hit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A good session for Glamorgan, they batted on to reach 407 with Cooke last out for 136 and Northants are 17-2 at lunch in reply - Weighell's already done a lot better than in his first match by scoring 18 and then running out a Northants batsman with a great pick up and direct hit.
    Yes, a very good morning for Glamorgan

Northants 121/5. Much better from Weighell today. We need to break this 6th wicket partnership. Baffled as to how these groups of six were worked out. Based on how the Championship would have started in 2020:four of Glammy’s opponents would have been in division one.

217-7 Finally broke the sixth wicket stand. The pitch is flat and the only danger to the batsmen is the ball keeping low at times. We have a good chance of a very decent first innings lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    217-7 Finally broke the sixth wicket stand. The pitch is flat and the only danger to the batsmen is the ball keeping low at times. We have a good chance of a very decent first innings lead.
    I wasn't expecting that, when I was watching about half an hour ago it looked like a question of trying to hang on and keep things tight until the new ball became available - it's hard to see the pitch getting anything but slower and lower, hopefully, there'll be a few shooting along the floor by the time we get to the fourth innings.

Need to break this stand.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Need to break this stand.
    Yeh and the way we're bowling I don't even see us getting the draw. Hopefully we can improve (a lot) after tea

Northants are going to chase this down. Cooke declared looking to push for the win but the pitch is so flat there is nothing in it for the bowlers.

Northants are going to chase this down. Cooke declared looking to push for the win but the pitch is so flat there is nothing in it for the bowlers.
    Managed to lose it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Managed to lose it somehow
    The pitch was dead. Eight points for the draw was lost. A real shame after a solid performance. Cooke was perhaps a bit naive and batted on to a 400 lead and left them to chase this off 65/70 overs. He won’t be so generous again.

Disappointing result today and have now lost the last two games in the final session ... suggesting they are competitive and getting close but not quite over the line.

hopefully a better result against Kent next week.

Promising situations and failing.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid we are looking like the Glammy of old with us failing to be able to bowl sides out.

The pitch was dead. Eight points for the draw was lost. A real shame after a solid performance. Cooke was perhaps a bit naive and batted on to a 400 lead and left them to chase this off 65/70 overs. He won’t be so generous again.
    The declaration was naive, way too early on that pitch, our attack was toothless on it, Northants just slapped us about for 70 overs at 5 an over, it was a bit too easy for them. Cooke was having a great match until that declaration.

I thought they had been too cautious this morning, you have to risk losing to win sometimes but defeat seems like losing after being 4-0 up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I thought they had been too cautious this morning, you have to risk losing to win sometimes but defeat seems like losing after being 4-0 up.
    To support Glammy and Cardiff City is a thankless task.....

But success is always such a pleasant surprise!

Just as we improve our batting our attack becomes utterly toothless. Keiffer Moore might be a good choice for a fast bowler, he's tall and strong....

The view from the qthree commentators was that Cooke had delayed his declaration a little too long, but I had a bad feeling after the first four overs when both Hogan and Lloyd had gone for sixteen runs each with them both providing too many balls that offered the batsman easy leg side boundaries and the writing was well and truly on the wall at lunch.

I think us cricket fans need to recognise that a lot of modern day pitches do not deteriorate as the game goes on any more, they just flatter and flatter and make for an uneven contest between bat and ball - the pitch at Headingly was the same and I think this latest one was a terrible pitch.

The view from the qthree commentators was that Cooke had delayed his declaration a little too long, but I had a bad feeling after the first four overs when both Hogan and Lloyd had gone for sixteen runs each with them both providing too many balls that offered the batsman easy leg side boundaries and the writing was well and truly on the wall at lunch.

I think us cricket fans need to recognise that a lot of modern day pitches do not deteriorate
    as the game goes on any more, they just flatter and flatter and make for an uneven contest between bat and ball - the pitch at Headingly was the same and I think this latest one was a terrible pitch.
    It`s also a shame Cooke and co. didn`t recognise this before declaring too early and throwing away the eight points that were in the bag.

So disappointing and naive declaration from Cooke. They should have gone guns blazing with the bat this morning rather than a timid effort and declare with so many wickets in hand. Done by what you thought were an inferior side. As for Ballbernie, a fecking embarrassment.

I think us cricket fans need to recognise that a lot of modern day pitches do not deteriorate as the game goes on any more, they just flatter and flatter and make for an uneven contest between bat and ball - the pitch at Headingly was the same and I think this latest one was a terrible pitch.
    I wasn’t entirely convinced by the Northants commentary team or indeed our commentator. I thought we would bat until lunch and was very surprised when he started saying we would declare by midday.

I wasn’t entirely convinced by the Northants commentary team or indeed our commentator. I thought we would bat until lunch and was very surprised when he started saying we would declare by midday.
    there are times when you wonder if they're watching the same game?

Incredibly disapointing, but also encouraging in a way. We are more than competitive, if it wasn't for dodgy messages coming from Maynard I think we'd have drawn the last 2 games. If it wasn't for snow we probably could have beaten Yorkshire.

Add Marnus to this side and it's easy to see us winning a lot of games. That makes yesterdays decision seem even stupider though. Surely the early part of the season should be about fighting and staying competitive and trying to stay in contention. The time to get aggressive is when we have the 2 aussies. That could turn out to be a big 8 points lost.

This all seems reminiscent of the first time Maynard was here though. Braindead tactical decisions being forced on the side. I'd be very surprised if Cooke had much choice in that declaration

If it wasn't for snow we probably could have beaten Yorkshire.