+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible crash in the ladies road race

Terrible crash in the ladies road race

Looked bloody awful, hope she's OK

Re: Terrible crash in the ladies road race

That looked dreadful hope she survived that.

Awful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    That looked dreadful hope she survived that.

Awful stuff.
    I rewound it to see exactly what happened. She looked to be going into the bend too quickly, skidded, flipped over the handle bars and landed in a heap on the kerb. She looked out cold.
    The road surface is dreadful!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Being reported she's ok, thank goodness it looked terrible.

Shame Croesy tried to take this thread off track as usual.
    Let's hope so it looked really bad,Chris Boardman was too happy about the course after the race it was bad enough even before the rain

It's being reported that she is conscious and on her way to hospital.

That is great news.

Was watching live when it happened, looked horrendous and she was still on the deck motionless when the others went past. Glad to hear she's conscious and hopefully not too badly hurt.

There didn't appear to be much concern for the riders' safety though by the course planners.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    It's being reported that she is conscious and on her way to hospital.

That is great news.
    Hardly great news .

Certainly positive news .

Glad our drugs cheat didn't win .

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Was watching live when it happened, looked horrendous and she was still on the deck motionless when the others went past. Glad to hear she's conscious and hopefully not too badly hurt.

There didn't appear to be much concern for the riders' safety though by the course planners.
    Little news other than she was conscious and taken to hospital.

I'm sure we all hope she's ok.

She crashed in the same place as Geraint Thomas did yesterday. Her back wheel seemed to slip when it hits the painted line in the middle of the road.
    Doesn't detract from the fact that the descent was beyond technical - it was dangerous.

Hope she's alright, it did look bad. This French guy wasn't as lucky however https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7XjVp6sUk

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Hope she's alright, it did look bad. This French guy wasn't as lucky however https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7XjVp6sUk
    My son told me about this earlier, I've not seen it myself, nor do I want to, very nasty leg break apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    My son told me about this earlier, I've not seen it myself, nor do I want to, very nasty leg break apparently.
    Shocking aye! Definitely hard to watch

If it's the gymnast, I too was told about it and will not be clicking the link, seen too many of these.
    Poor bugger has probably been up at 5 o'clock for training most of his life dreaming of his making the Games, horrible way to end

Shocking aye! Definitely hard to watch
    I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to broken bones, even thinking about it makes me feel a bit queasy, so no way am I opening that link.

I've only just seen this, and only watched in once, terrible accident, obviously hoping for a full recovery for her.

Re: Terrible crash in the ladies road race,

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I've only just seen this, and only watched in once, terrible accident, obviously hoping for a full recovery for her.
    Seems to be conflicting reports, from "conscious and no serious injury" to "in intensive care suffering from concussion and broken bones in her spine"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The female rider is in hospital and has 3 fractures of the spine and severe concussion apparently.

Two other riders in separate races also broke bones and Boardman is furious that this treacherous route is being used having predicted trouble before the games started.

What with the two (that I know of) disqualifications for drugs, the road runner leading the race being accosted by a spectator, the controlled explosion at the finish line and a cycling death run, a "lively" start for the Rio Olympics

I wish I hadn't watched that now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I wish I hadn't watched that now
    I wish you had said that 5 mins earlier, ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I wish you had said that 5 mins earlier, ouch
    I did try to warn people

Another gymnast done his cruciate ligament and still performed later on the pommel horse because if he didn't his team would be eliminated, luckily for him it was the last event.

Apparently she is okay. Tweeted this morning. Was worried for her last night, especially as the BBC said "She is Stable and breathing" Not exactly a great state to be in when they use the words stable and breathing. Few fractures and she has said she will be okay.

Horrible accident. Saw it live, dont really want to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Apparently she is okay. Tweeted this morning. Was worried for her last night, especially as the BBC said "She is Stable and breathing" Not exactly a great state to be in when they use the words stable and breathing. Few fractures and she has said she will be okay.

Horrible accident. Saw it live, dont really want to see it again.
    Yes sounds like (relatively) good news - it was absolutely horrific to watch. Really could have been so much worse.
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 08-08-16 at 10:32.