+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: static caravans

Re: static caravans

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Busman's holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    It's the same principle as buying a boat. If you worry about the cost don't do it , I love ours in Penally and have made lifelong friendships down here, the stress of running a business falls away in the Pembrokeshire breeze and is priceless . It is fantastic for young families as the quality of life is safe and chilled. Even when it is pissing down and the rain hammers on the roof I love it .
    intersting. the other thing i have my eye on is a canal barge thing. anyone got any tips on these?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    intersting. the other thing i have my eye on is a canal barge thing. anyone got any tips on these?
    You can buy a barge but you have to go through the river owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You can buy a barge but you have to go through the river owner.
    thanka]s. you seem to be full of helpful advice.

If you call 65-70mph on the motorway clogging it up then yes guilty as charged

I have a boat at Cardiff Bay Yacht Club & I find it completely different to static caravan ownership.
    Just over £900 per year for a pontoon mooring & club membership, I do not have to buy or sell my boat through the marina, nor insure it through them & they can"t tell me to remove or scrap it when it is 10 or 15 years old.
    Completely different experience IMO

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Pop over for a pint of my home brew wine if you fancy Taunton Blue
    I'll come over mate, but I don't fancy Taunton Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I have a boat at Cardiff Bay Yacht Club & I find it completely different to static caravan ownership.
    Just over £900 per year for a pontoon mooring & club membership, I do not have to buy or sell my boat through the marina, nor insure it through them & they can"t tell me to remove or scrap it when it is 10 or 15 years old.
    Completely different experience IMO
    Could be onto something there! Do caravans float?

This discussion would be better suited over at the planetswans site where they have very active sub-forums dedicated to campervanning, general pikeying and inbreeding.

I look better after a pint of uncle bob's home brew wine.

Oh no you didn't

It's not a barge but a narrow boat , choice of Brecon and mon or kennet and Avon canal if you live in S Wales . Costs similar but you will get more money back on the vessel . Again you need the £5k spare and treat it as a lifestyle and not a chore